Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All of Rand Paul's responses in CNN Debate

All of Rand Paul's responses in CNN Debate

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man the drug war an the foriegn policy debate was huge. Very well done Dr. Paul.

Jan2017

Rand : about Iraq, "We have to learn that interventions backfire . . ."

There are alot of good quotes here - thanks for the tube

Walker's face 2:25

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Walker's face 2:25
    And at same time Carly shaking her head, as Rand disagrees with Ms. Neocon -

I really thought rand came off great. Of course we have no chance of convincing the media of helping is communicate this opinion with the people.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    I really thought rand came off great. Of course we have no chance of convincing the media of helping is communicate this opinion with the people.
    The media is quickly becoming irrelevant. I was surprised how difficult CNN made the stream to actually stream. I hope next debate will be simulcasted on live channel on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The media is quickly becoming irrelevant. I was surprised how difficult CNN made the stream to actually stream. I hope next debate will be simulcasted on live channel on youtube.
    You are correct that media is becoming more irrelevant. Unfortunately it still influences the people who vote in republican primaries(old people).
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silents, Boomers, and older Gen X'ers trust the media. Younger Gen X'ers, Millennials, and Gen Z'ers are less trusting of TV and radio.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

This video left out his best quotes, about Bush/Clinton and 14 other candidates who want to send your sons and daughters back into Iraq.

Bush didn't oppose medical marijuana... he just voted against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Rand : about Iraq, "We have to learn that interventions backfire . . ."

There are alot of good quotes here - thanks for the tube
    Yes, and what would have been better is for him to give more examples so that Joe Sixpack can relate to it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Rand did okay, but I wish he hadn't soft pedaled the legal marijuana issue by continually referring to medicinal marijuana for sick babies.

Just stand up and say it's a state's rights issue and that anyone who would use the power of the federal government to deny it is a tyrant.

In any event, I don't think that the GOP is the place for Constitutionalists to be plying their trade. Maybe it will be someday, but now it's just Israel's attack dog,...and that's pretty much all most Republicans want it to be.

Giving a Libertarian, Constitutionalist message to that bunch of warmongering idiots is pearls before swine.

Quote Originally Posted by BGfree View Post
    Rand did okay, but I wish he hadn't soft pedaled the legal marijuana issue by continually referring to medicinal marijuana for sick babies.

Just stand up and say it's a state's rights issue and that anyone who would use the power of the federal government to deny it is a tyrant.

In any event, I don't think that the GOP is the place for Constitutionalists to be plying their trade. Maybe it will be someday, but now it's just Israel's attack dog,...and that's pretty much all most Republicans want it to be.

Giving a Libertarian, Constitutionalist message to that bunch of warmongering idiots is pearls before swine.
    This is the Republican primary, not the general.

Rand's CNN debate video 9/16

He did very well! I'd like to see more taking of speaking time in future debates instead of waiting for it but overall he was good.

eta: I take back my balls comment in the other thread. Rand called out the Saudis and that takes some huge balls.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-17-2015 at 02:38 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting this!

I couldn't bring myself to listen to hours of BS just to listen to what Rand had to say...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Thanks for posting this!

I couldn't bring myself to listen to hours of BS just to listen to what Rand had to say...
    A bottle of scotch helped me through.
    "I am a bird"

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

What if he started by saying "most Presidents have done...but what I would do is..."

Next time Rand just needs to say $#@! it and light a joint on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Next time Rand just needs to say $#@! it and light a joint on stage.

This!

Abolish the fed and income tax. The constitution prohibits the feds existence. No "constitutional" scholar can propose different. That was Ron's platform.
    Last edited by kfarnan; 09-17-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yes, and what would have been better is for him to give more examples so that Joe Sixpack can relate to it.
    I was playing them over in my head hoping he'd hit a couple.

"Batista was a friend of the US in Cuba...we helped Fidel Castro remove him from power and install Fidel...and we all know how that turned out"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the argument for medicinal marijuana has been won--even with most conservative Republicans. He should keep using it to his advantage. Simply saying that drugs are a state's rights issues gives his opponents the chance to pigeonhole him as someone who doesn't care if kids get strung out on heroin.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    But the argument for medicinal marijuana has been won--even with most conservative Republicans. He should keep using it to his advantage. Simply saying that drugs are a state's rights issues gives his opponents the chance to pigeonhole him as someone who doesn't care if kids get strung out on heroin.
    Apparently, Carly's step daughter died from an overdose of medical marijuana. At least you could gather as much from that response - which, by the way, the media are loving.

Also, I think there are a million perfect responses to Christie's "Gateway drug" comment:

"Judging from the last 20 years or so, apparently marijuana is a gateway drug to the Presidency. - Maybe you should try it."
    "Even if marijuana were a gateway drug, you cannot prevent hardcore drug use simply by shutting down the bridge."
    "Addiction is a serious health concern - whether it be to marijuana, hardcore drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, or food. We shouldn't be imprisoning people for their weaknesses."
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by mwkaufman View Post
    Bush didn't oppose medical marijuana... he just voted against it.
    I too was confused.

Funny observation: When they said "Dr. I'd like to bring you in" for the vaccine question, the audience laughed a little even before Rand started talking. I think they thought the moderator was joking when they called him Doctor since Carson had just joked about Trump being one. Most of them didn't realize that Rand is a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    Funny observation: When they said "Dr. I'd like to bring you in" for the vaccine question, the audience laughed a little even before Rand started talking. I think they thought the moderator was joking when they called him Doctor since Carson had just joked about Trump being one. Most of them didn't realize that Rand is a doctor.
    I get this a lot. I often talk about the two surgeons in the race and people don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm glad that Rand mentioned it in his introduction.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

That closing statement was so freaking amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast