Thread: New Rand Paul Ad: "Real Conservative"

New Rand Paul Ad: "Real Conservative"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's a real conservative, who's a different kind of Republican and "libertarianish".

He needs to find a way to more consistently package and present his message.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Good Ad, short and to the point.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    He's a real conservative, who's a different kind of Republican and "libertarianish".

Actually I thought he did that pretty well in this ad.

The ad didn't do it for me. It blends right in with every other ad out there. The professorial approach won't work, there needs to be an emotional connection. A really good ad should evoke an emotion in the voters AND present good policy. People don't remember ads because of what is said in the ad, they remember them because of how it makes them feel. It almost doesn't even matter which emotion, as long as it isn't boredom.
    Last edited by Crashland; 09-15-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Rand needs to have ads like Ron had in 12.

As a whole, too, I don't really favor 30-second ads that cover more than one topic.
    In this ad, we have:
    -Both parties are to blame.
    -I will cut both spending and taxes to make government smaller.
    -My flat tax will simplify the tax code.
    -I'll fight for term limits.
    -I'll insist for Congress to read the bills.

..........zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Take any single one of those points and devote all 30 seconds to it, make a much better ad.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

People don't want a 'real conservative.' At least, they don't realize they do.

Quit this nonsense, Rand. You're the $#@!ing ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT candidate. Get that through your curly hair and head.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul: America Needs a REAL Conservative [ad]

If Rand can effectively attack Trump and Bush while reiterating the content of this ad, he will have a goodnight indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post

If Rand can effectively attack Trump and Bush while reiterating the content of this ad, he will have a goodnight indeed.
    I do think Rand needs to go after Bush and Trump tomorrow. That way he doesn't look like an establishment plant... Trump isn't a real conservative and bush isn't a real conservative.. What do they have in common?... They both love the clintons lol

First, Rand has to really believe in himself, that he can lead the country. Maybe he does, but it doesn't look or sound like he does.

Trump likes himself, is confident, doesn't ask if it's okay to run for president or ask if you like like him or think his "stuff" is cool. That's why 'murika likes him.

In that OP video, Rand looks like he is straining to speak. Sorry, but that's what it looks like.

"I ran for office because ..." No, no excuses, you belong in that seat. Own it.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-15-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Everyone's an ad professional. I love it.

I like the ad, but I never understood what was so hard about memorizing a few lines.

Jan2017

Congress to read the bills before they vote . . .
    what a stunning democracy we got going on that it comes to actually needing that admonishing of Congress.

Rand could - in some of the lighter moments on stage (Jimmy Fallon, late night shows, and on campaign trail )
    mention that he would make the Secretary of State actually read the cables too esp. when from USA outposts supplying weapons for both sides of the Syrian (civil ? ) wars.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 09-16-2015 at 07:12 AM.

The ad is decent, but I really wish that Rand would focus on the fact that he's a doctor and not a career politician. I remember when he ran for the Senate, he would include that line at the end of each ad. It seems like it really worked. "I'm Rand Paul. I'm a doctor and not a career politician and I approve this message."

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post

Like maybe not alienate libertarians and supporters of his father?
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.