Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Jesus vs. Paul - Christianity's Greatest Lies Exposed

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Do you believe the Apostolic Constitutions correctly describe the tradition that was occurring at that time?
    Yes. It was a tradition that some Christians, somewhere, practiced at some time.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Yes. It was a tradition that some Christians, somewhere, practiced at some time.
    How do you know? Do you consider the Apostolic Constitutions to be accurate and correct?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

How do you know? Do you consider the Apostolic Constitutions to be accurate and correct?
    I don't know for sure. As for its accuracy and correctness, the question is, accurate and correct with respect to what. Somebody produced it in the form we have. Whoever that was, we can be reasonably sure, meant to propound the ideas that are in it. So it is accurate and correct as a source for information about the beliefs of those who produced it.

I don't know for sure. As for its accuracy and correctness, the question is, accurate and correct with respect to what. Somebody produced it in the form we have. Whoever that was, we can be reasonably sure, meant to propound the ideas that are in it. So it is accurate and correct as a source for information about the beliefs of those who produced it.
    Okay. I can agree. So, in your opinion, this practice of the rite of ordination of the bishop (involving the other bishops at the altar and the deacon holding the Gospels over the person's head) is, as far as you can surmise, a correct and accurate description of what the practice and beliefs were according to the author.

Would you hold the same thing for other parts of what were written in the Apostolic Constitutions?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Thread topic: "Jesus vs. Paul - Christianity's Greatest Lies Exposed"

Okay. I can agree. So, in your opinion, this practice of the rite of ordination of the bishop (involving the other bishops at the altar and the deacon holding the Gospels over the person's head) is, as far as you can surmise, a correct and accurate description of what the practice and beliefs were according to the author.

Would you hold the same thing for other parts of what were written in the Apostolic Constitutions?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Great! When I come back from running errands, let us discuss some more of what traditions and beliefs were held and practiced by Christians in the first few centuries, so we can learn how they lived and worshiped.

Great! When I come back from running errands, let us discuss some more of what traditions and beliefs were held and practiced by Christians in the first few centuries, so we can learn how they lived and worshiped.
    Are you sure you want to open yourself up to the risk that you will find out they weren't as uniform as you always insist they were?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you sure you want to open yourself up to the risk that you will find out they weren't as uniform as you always insist they were?
    I am not scared of that at all. I'm only scared that I may put my understanding to be greater then better men then me. Even with this recent revelation you have showed me, with regards to the deacon ministering to the Bishop who is standing on the altar while the Holy Gospels laying on the newly ordained's head in the holy sacrament amazes me at the depth and beauty of the Church. The Holy Spirit working in the Church. This does not cause me fear, but more wonder to the glory of God.
    Last edited by TER; 10-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.

TER, do people who say they are Christians in this day have practices and traditions and beliefs that are different than what the apostles had?

Why would the first few centuries be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    TER, do people who say they are Christians in this day have practices and traditions and beliefs that are different than what the apostles had?

Why would the first few centuries be any different?
    Because when the eventual Rome hijack took over so did the pagan's practices, traditions and beliefs? (AKA Paulinism)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Because when the eventual Rome hijack took over so did the pagan's practices, traditions and beliefs? (AKA Paulinism)
    That makes no sense at all, since Paul's letters were written even before the gospels were written. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's embarrassing.

That makes no sense at all, since Paul's letters were written even before the gospels were written. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's embarrassing.

Where did I claim what you falsely and erroneously posted?

Silly Sola_Fide post score +1.

Where did I claim what you falsely and erroneously posted?

You have no idea what you're talking about, so it doesn't even matter.

Last edited by Ronin Truth; 10-06-2015 at 11:02 AM.

You have no idea what you're talking about, so it doesn't even matter.

Doesn't exist, does it? You just made it up... again. Some folks call that lying.

You have no idea what you're talking about Paulinista, so it doesn't even matter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where in those links did you find anything that supports the thread topic? Is there any particular point made that you think does that and that you are prepared to defend?

Where in those links did you find anything that supports the thread topic? Is there any particular point made that you think does that and that you are prepared to defend?
    If you read them, then I believe you would not be asking that question.

If you disagree with them, then I believe you are just arguing with your Bible.

If you can definitively refute them, then please just be my guest in refuting all of the incorrect ones.

I will only defend the ones NOT based on scripture. Which ones are those (he asks the expert)? The scriptural ones defend themselves, by definition, right?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 10-06-2015 at 11:55 AM.

If you read them, then I believe you would not be asking that question.
    I did, and I still am asking.

If you disagree with them, then I believe you are just arguing with your Bible.
    Why do you think that?

If you can definitively refute them, then please just be my guest in refuting all of the incorrect ones.
    I didn't see anything that supported the thread topic. Did you? If so, what?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I'm glad you are confident of these texts. I am not so confident. There's nothing more that I'd like but a clear word from God. I see how all the churches and wise men are constantly arguing over all kinds of "doctrine" that to me, is an indication that the answers are not so clear...
    Now you're talking about clarity. Earlier you made claims about accuracy. Those are different things.

I did, and I still am asking.

Which of the scriptures failed to persuade you?

Why do you think that?

Because you are disagreeing, with the HOLY WORD OF GOD. [ AKA arguing ]

I didn't see anything that supported the thread topic. Did you? If so, what?

Paul playing the Antichrist role, in spite of your repeated claims that Jesus and Paul taught the very same thing.
    How many examples of blatant obvious differences does a Paulinist usually reasonably require?
    //

Paul playing the Antichrist role, in spite of your repeated claims that Jesus and Paul taught the very same thing.*
    How many examples of blatant obvious differences does a Paulinist usually reasonably require?
    Where did Paul do this?

Last edited by Ronin Truth; 10-06-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Ronin, I don't read your links often because you post links from people who say they get their ideas from aliens. You said Paul played the role of "antichrist". Can you please explain what you meant by that?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which of the scriptures failed to persuade you?
    None failed to persuade me of anything they said.

But no one has presented any that show any conflict between Jesus and Paul. If you disagree, name one.

How many months has Ronin failed to post even one "contradiction" he thinks there is between Jesus and Paul? Ronin is just not a serious person.

How many months has Ronin failed to post even one "contradiction" he thinks there is between Jesus and Paul? Ronin is just not a serious person.
    It feels like ~4 months to me. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Ronin, I don't read your links often because you post links from people who say they get their ideas from aliens. You said Paul played the role of "antichrist". Can you please explain what you meant by that?
    If you don't like and won't read the answers, then just don't ask me the questions. Do your own damned research, and believe whatever you want.
    I certainly have no reason to give a crap about your decisions for ignorance.

Solution: Then just stop posting to me. DUH! T'aint no kind of rocket science.

If you don't like and won't read the answers, then just don't ask me the questions. Do your own damned research, and believe whatever you want.
    I certainly have no reason to give a crap about your decisions for ignorance.
    I'm asking about what you posted. You posted:

Paul playing the Antichrist role, in spite of your repeated claims that Jesus and Paul taught the very same thing.
    Why did you say that? When did Paul play the antichrist role?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast