Thread: How Rand Paul can campaign as an outsider

How Rand Paul can campaign as an outsider

He shows up at the Beach in New Hampshire like the normal person and goes into the waves or goes to an indoor water park and mingles with the crowd as he goes down the water slides or goes into the wave pool?

He doesn't give speeches just mingles with the crowd while being himself?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or he can adjust his trump attacks and remind people he's a doctor that still actively performs surgeries and not just another politician.

It's very frustrating for him to be considered an establishment candidate by the average person when he is anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    Or he can adjust his trump attacks and remind people he's a doctor that still actively performs surgeries and not just another politician.

It's very frustrating for him to be considered an establishment candidate by the average person when he is anything but.
    He can do that but is there anything wrong with my suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post

Yes. Because for some reason, people are equating Trump with "anti-establishment". And everyone who attacks Trump must be "establishment".

Because you know... nothing says "anti-establishment" like billions of dollars in free establishment media.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    He can do that but is there anything wrong with my suggestion?
    Yes. It is purely superficial and the voters will see right through it. Issues are what matter. Bold, anti-establishment policy positions and rhetoric is what is needed now, not water park visits and surgeries. An anti-establishment position on immigration is what vaulted Trump to the top of the pack, and anti-establishment positions on trade and Wall Street taxation are helping to keep him there. Rand needs to do something similar. The only thing he has going for him right now is his tax plan, but radical tax plans have been a feature of Republican Primary contenders since the 1980's and voters have become completely jaded to them. Rand needs to follow Trump's lead and attack the things that are most dear to the elites.
    Last edited by RonPaulMall; 09-15-2015 at 11:06 AM.

I never liked the outsider argument because I value the Constitution and freedom. Whatever you are I will take it if you do the right thing.

Rand's campaign branding using something someone could do even better like Trump was never a good idea. Rand needs to go back to the Constitution and freedom. Take his perceived weakness like defense and issues affecting seniors and address directly with voters that don't have him as their first choice.

"It's very frustrating for him to be considered an establishment candidate by the average person when he is anything but."

Maybe, but that's the choice he made by endorsing Romney and McConnell and now he has to live with it.

If Rand is as Introverted as some people suggest that he is, then going to a water park would be the worst thing for him to do possible. How many times have I heard stories about him (and Ron was like this to certain degree too) eating alone and standing off by himself looking at his smart phone while other politicians are practically gladhanding statues. Again I have to ask what Rand is in politics for to begin with? To promote a message? Sure, but people aren't going to care what you know or believe unless they think you care about them. If Rand can't do this, especially in states which all but demand it in Iowa and New Hampshire, he's not going to win.