Thread: Justin Amash 2018?

Justin Amash 2018?

Is anyone aware if Congressman Amash is planning on a Senate run in 2018? It should be a good year for him if a Democrat gets elected next year.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Is anyone aware if Congressman Amash is planning on a Senate run in 2018? It should be a good year for him if a Democrat gets elected next year.
    He's never said it explicitly, but the grassroots assumes he'll be ready to take on a higher office by then. Honestly though I'd prefer he run for governor. We need more liberty minded governors than senators then ever before.

In what way is Debbie Stabenow vulnerable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It would suck for him to run for higher office and lose his congressional seat. That's the problem with bluish purple states. He's young, I hope he doesn't rush things.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I don't know about planning on it. But there has been talk about it. See the sources cited here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._2018#Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    It would suck for him to run for higher office and lose his congressional seat. That's the problem with bluish purple states. He's young, I hope he doesn't rush things.
    Keith Allard could run for the seat.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

I hope he runs for governor. We need liberty-mineded patriots in leadership positions. I love Rand, but the Senate treats him like a child. You don't believe me, just look at some of the quotes from this politico article from his fellow senators.

Get Amash in the Lansing Mansion, and prove to the country that libertarian governance is possible.
    Fantasy Cabinet:
    State
    : Richard Burt
    Defense: Douglas MacGregor
    Treasury: Dino Falaschetti
    Attorney General: Raul Labrador
    Interior: Lynn Scarlett
    Agriculture: John Mackey
    Labor: Nikki Haley
    Health: Dr. Keith Smith
    HUD: Mark Calabria
    Transportation: Greg Ballard

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.