Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Rick Perry to Drop Out of GOP Presidential Race

Breaking: Rick Perry to Drop Out of GOP Presidential Race

https://twitter.com/AP/status/642445871355981824

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    BREAKING: AP sources: Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to drop out of 2016 Republican presidential race.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Rick Perry Dropped Out Today

Rick Perry dropped... It's official.

Breaking: Perry Drops Out

He is on live now, MSNBC and FNC, ranting and hopping up and down like an idiot.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-per...-election.html

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry is dropping out of the race for president, ending his second bid for the Republican nomination and becoming the first major candidate of the 2016 campaign to give up on the White House.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"I really thought my new glasses would have made a difference." - Rick Perry

Will the loaded Super PAC go to Rand or someone else? It has millions.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Will Rand be bumped to the Segment A portion of the GOP debate?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doubt it, since CNN already finalized the lineup. And it wouldn't be Rand, it would be Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Will the loaded Super PAC go to Rand or someone else? It has millions.
    I have no idea what the rules are regarding that. It'll be interesting. If you look to where his two top Iowa advisers went it'll split between Trump and Santorum.
    Last edited by Uriah; 09-11-2015 at 04:23 PM.

I couldn't resist..... lmao

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Good riddance, hopefully Lindsey Graham and some of these other jokes will follow suit before Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Who's getting his 0%?
    Carly Waririna

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

LOL
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

any guesses on who he endorses?...

1 down, 15 more to go!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, that's one. And no gaffes this time...that I know of.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Rand Paul for Peace

Brilliant move to compliment Perry on the way out. Paul makes a good point and offers Perry's supporters a new home.

I agree with Rand. This is not a good sign at all. Maybe I didn't agree with Perry on some policy issues, but I did on others. Maybe Perry wasn't quite potus material, but to me he was a good guy who I think meant well. I actually found Perry personally likable. Trump on the other hand is just a dick and should never get within a mile of the white house. He is pompous, arrogant, out of control and in no way capable of leading a free country. He should go be a tin pot dictator somewhere in the third world, he would be good at it I suspect.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Was Perry in the GOP presidential race?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He should go be a tin pot dictator somewhere in the third world, he would be good at it I suspect.
    so he is perfect post-crash POTUS material?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Who's getting his 0%?
    lol

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    not good news. the baby table is now only 4, at some point MSM will take the bottom candidates from the real debate and demote them to the baby table. and Rand is close to the bottom.

Rick Perry exits 2016 Republican presidential race

Rick Perry exits 2016 Republican presidential race

ST. LOUIS — Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry ended his second bid for the Republican presidential nomination on Friday, becoming the first major candidate of the 2016 campaign to give up on the White House.

The longest-serving governor in Texas history told a group of conservative activists in St. Louis that "some things have become clear" and he was suspending his campaign.

"We have a tremendous field of candidates — probably the greatest group of men and women," Perry said. "I step aside knowing our party is in good hands, as long as we listen to the grassroots, listen to that cause of conservatism. If we do that, then our party will be in good hands."
    Four years after his first bid for the White House ended after disappointing finishes in the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary, Perry this time couldn't even make it to the second debate night of the 2016 race.

After failing to poll well enough to qualify for the featured primetime debate last month, Perry was again relegated to a pre-debate forum for the back of the pack at next week's debate at the Reagan Library outside Los Angeles.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/i...exit_2016.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Rand needs to tap into Rick Perry's structure and appear nonstop with Perry. Put on some boots and a hat an fly out to UT, A&M, TTU, and Baylor. Get his inner Texan on. Perry should still have connections.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Brilliant move to compliment Perry on the way out. Paul makes a good point and offers Perry's supporters a new home.
    I don't think that appealing to Perry's 0% here will make up for the not-so-implied insult to 32% of the GOP backing Trump.
    Last edited by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo; 09-13-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    I don't think that appealing to Perry's 0% here will make up for the not-so-implied insult to 32% of the GOP backing Trump.
    Well, this is the type of recommendation the brilliant minds here give Rand. Reminiscing:

1. Rand is going to get support from Rick Perry voters! (they're 1% or less)

2. Rand has to attack Trump! (the popular figure at the moment. When Trump responded, they were happy that Rand had Trump "right where he wants him"). How many points that helped Rand?

3. People should prove that Clinton and Trump are distant relatives, because voters hate Clinton! (one would think this would be the dumbest suggestion, but it really is hard to tell).

4. Trump's pledge to not run third party was celebrated as "Rand's first blow to Trump lands hard". Really? The pledge seemed to have zero negative effect on Trump, or in helping Rand.

There are many, many more statements like this, but don't want to bore readers too much. When people making such comments are surrounded by others of similar intelligence, they can't even notice how ridiculous they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast