Thread: Rand Paul: ‘We’re all in’ for a long campaign

Rand Paul: ‘We’re all in’ for a long campaign

Despite disappointing polling numbers this summer, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., the libertarian-minded presidential candidate, said organizing continues in all 50 states, and he’s “all in” for a campaign long past the highly watched early voting states.

Paul’s comments came Thursday afternoon in a phone interview with the Iowa State Daily. He said frontrunner Donald Trump’s popularity is solely based on his “celebrity” status and completely dismissed polling showing him well behind the frontrunner.

“I think there is some celebrity distortion in the polls, but still when you ask people in most of these polls, ‘Have you decided who you’re voting for?’ two-thirds of people say no,” Paul said. “Then they ask you to go ahead and pick, even though you’re [undecided]. It’s really kind of a poll of leaners, and it’s really influenced greatly by celebrity.”

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/p...OQV0w.facebook

-virgil

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    15 college chapters in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    15 college chapters in Iowa.
    That's a start! Don't we need a 1,000 though?
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    That's a start! Don't we need a 1,000 though?
    There are between 39 and 60 colleges in Iowa depending if you count multiple campuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    There are between 39 and 60 colleges in Iowa depending if you count multiple campuses.
    so we need 1000 then

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Despite disappointing polling numbers this summer, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., the libertarian-minded presidential candidate, said organizing continues in all 50 states, and he’s “all in” for a campaign long past the highly watched early voting states.

Paul’s comments came Thursday afternoon in a phone interview with the Iowa State Daily. He said frontrunner Donald Trump’s popularity is solely based on his “celebrity” status and completely dismissed polling showing him well behind the frontrunner.

“I think there is some celebrity distortion in the polls, but still when you ask people in most of these polls, ‘Have you decided who you’re voting for?’ two-thirds of people say no,” Paul said. “Then they ask you to go ahead and pick, even though you’re [undecided]. It’s really kind of a poll of leaners, and it’s really influenced greatly by celebrity.”

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/p...OQV0w.facebook

-virgil
    Rand is right. The Trump mania is based on his celebrity and money. Without that, he wouldn't get any attention.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand is right. The Trump mania is based on his celebrity and money. Without that, he wouldn't get any attention.
    I think that is partially correct.

However, I think a lot of his support goes beyond being a "famous rich guy."

A lot of people like his NON "politics as usual" style. There doesn't seem to be a bit of the normal political "go along to get along" bull crap you see in most politicians.

He's not just rich and famous, he's brash and bold, and in a weird way, charismatic. In a nation where a lot of folks are not fans of politics/business as usual in Washington, that resonates. The bland political platitudes of the other candidates seem lame by comparison.

Trump mania is based on his immigration stance. Nobody cares about anything else. Protectionism? Sure whatever. Kill Snowden? Yeah whatever. Take the oil out of Iraq? If that makes you happy. You can do whatever you want, just build the wall.

His poll numbers rocketed up the minute he declared his immigration stance, and as his stance has gotten tougher and tougher, his poll numbers have gone higher and higher.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Long run... not to be a debbie downer, but how can he remain competitive if he might not make it into the next top 10 slots in the next debate?

Seems rand has to do well enough so those biased phone polls will be less effective against rand. Hard to marginalize and skew data if rand was in good standing.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Long run... not to be a debbie downer, but how can he remain competitive if he might not make it into the next top 10 slots in the next debate?

Seems rand has to do well enough so those biased phone polls will be less effective against rand. Hard to marginalize and skew data if rand was in good standing.
    You seem to be able to marginalize him under all circumstances without any trouble at all. Why would they have any trouble doing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You seem to be able to marginalize him under all circumstances without any trouble at all. Why would they have any trouble doing it?
    HINT: The goal should be to attract MORE supporters; not to run away the ones that already exist.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    HINT: The goal should be to attract MORE supporters; not to run away the ones that already exist.
    Oh, well. That certainly makes all of this clear as crystal...

Another do-nothing. lol

"twomp" hahahaha
    Yes, yes, I know you see yourself as the only Injun on this board.
    I know there are different sects of Muslims, doof. That doesn't change my opinion, that at least until we can get our government to stop all this interventionism, we don't need to be importing people from countries who detest us.

You should get out of your trailer park every now and then and find out what the rest of America believes.
    Go F* yourself, erowe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Your grandfathers didn't benefit from the Land Run?

Because you DID try to justify the genocide. And you certainly tried to justify the stealing of lands because their culture of land ownership differed from the one you prefer.

EDIT: What if, by MY understanding of property, people can be owned? Who are YOU to say I can't just take you as a slave? MY culture says that's how property works.
    Sorry, Jon, you're an idiot. I'm done with you.
    Plus all the ones that have been scrubbed lately. Like the ones where you call people 'newbie' and promise to keep your eagle eye on new members...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-12-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post

If enough of them drop out before next month, there will only be 1 debate. We are (at most) 2 months away from a field of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If enough of them drop out before next month, there will only be 1 debate. We are (at most) 2 months away from a field of 10.
    Rand just needs to keep his campaign afloat financially for as long as possible. His message will get out as long as he stays in the race while the field thins around him.

If he can afford to keep his campaign afloat while some of the other candidates start dropping out, Rand might have a chance. Things aren't looking too great right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by WeTheVigilant View Post
    If he can afford to keep his campaign afloat while some of the other candidates start dropping out, Rand might have a chance. Things aren't looking too great right now though.
    It has never in my lifetime mattered one whit what the landscape looks like before Iowa. Whether the winner of Iowa goes on to this or that doesn't matter. It still never fails to rearrange the whole table.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.