Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October Money Bomb - Brainstorming Thread

At this point it'd be better off shooting for a November 5th moneybomb date.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    5th of november. use mystery
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    I think the key to create a true grassroots bomb, as opposed to some earlier that were mainly fueled by Rands own twitter and facebook promotion, is to manage to create a large facebook event with at least 5000 attending (and why not way beyond that?) as opposed to a couple of hundred.
    This is exactly what we did for the Black This Out money bomb. We set a goal of 25,000 attendees for the Facebook event and achieved somewhere around 23,000 attendees, which was really on target. We ended up raising around $3 million. There were also additional factors at play though, such as increased enthusiasm (not the demotivated supporters we have now). Please read through the goals section of the main promotion thread to see what the logic was behind attaining these numbers...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-000-Attendees

It may be a little late but the money bomb should be the day of the Oct 28 debate or immediately following it. It gives us time to prep and spread the word.

I would advise against 5th of November, it was Epic but wouldn't have the same impact as it did before.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Nov. 5th is on a Thursday.

It can be a Throwback Thursday to 2008 and we should get Ron Paul to do a video promoting it to get the base excited again. Plus if Ron did a video it could get media attention. Is it possible to get Ron to do this? Nov. 5th has to be huge so we're gonna have to do things that get attention.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Hey there guys. Noticed some talk about moneybombs. I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to chat here, but I have been following.

I had an idea during 2012 for Ron Paul, but it was way too late in the season to implement.

My thought was we evolve moneybombs to a "moneystream". Supporters donate $10 each week and we work to grow a large base of supporters doing just that. We could still do moneybombs to coincide with the ongoing effort, but they could be built into the main web site that would promote the moneystream.

So the web site would still track pledges for those willing to donate $10 each week and a weekly reminder is sent out to donate. If we had 100,000 donors donating $10 per week, Rand would generate $12 million in a quarter. If you could unite the base around the concept and get 1 million people donating $10 per week, you're talking about a game changer and a grassroots system that could be scalable for a national general election campaign. All efforts then refocus toward getting supporters to commit to the $10 per week instead of a one time shot every month and half like the moneybombs.

The downside is you aren't probably getting the small amount of media buzz we generated with the moneybombs for Ron Paul, but you're still rallying the grassroots to step up and getting Rand the funds he needs for his campaign in a way that is practical and still holds to some of our classic moneybomb traditions. With such system you could then do a moneybomb each month and theme the web site to that event and wouldn't have any need to rebuild a web site, redesign advertising, etc.

What do you guys think?
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Hey there guys. Noticed some talk about moneybombs. I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to chat here, but I have been following.

I had an idea during 2012 for Ron Paul, but it was way too late in the season to implement.

My thought was we evolve moneybombs to a "moneystream". Supporters donate $10 each week and we work to grow a large base of supporters doing just that. We could still do moneybombs to coincide with the ongoing effort, but they could be built into the main web site that would promote the moneystream.

So the web site would still track pledges for those willing to donate $10 each week and a weekly reminder is sent out to donate. If we had 100,000 donors donating $10 per week, Rand would generate $12 million in a quarter. If you could unite the base around the concept and get 1 million people donating $10 per week, you're talking about a game changer and a grassroots system that could be scalable for a national general election campaign. All efforts then refocus toward getting supporters to commit to the $10 per week instead of a one time shot every month and half like the moneybombs.

The downside is you aren't probably getting the small amount of media buzz we generated with the moneybombs for Ron Paul, but you're still rallying the grassroots to step up and getting Rand the funds he needs for his campaign in a way that is practical and still holds to some of our classic moneybomb traditions. With such system you could then do a moneybomb each month and theme the web site to that event and wouldn't have any need to rebuild a web site, redesign advertising, etc.

What do you guys think?
    I really really like this idea. With money bombs we have to start from scratch each time. Websites need to be built, promotional images and videos need to be created and you need to build up motivation and recruit supporters to promote to help build awareness for the date. Once the date is past though, all that work needs to be restarted from scratch. It's such a waste of energy that people slack off on the next money bomb because they don't like having to start over again after working so hard. Remember the disappointing 11/11/11 money bomb after how successful Black This Out was?

With your idea we could create a website, promotional images and videos all centered around giving $10 a week. But unlike money bombs, we would continue to use the same promotional materials over and over again with new stuff always being added. This would last throughout the entire election cycle. $10 is not a lot either, so it will appear reasonable to people. Also, unlike money bombs, the enthusiasm for this program would just continue to build and build, since there would be no end date and no restarting from the beginning.

We could build an entire team of promoters that went on various sites to post promotion materials to get other people to pledge to donate $10 a week. The number of people pledging to donate each week would just continue to build over time, as well as our number of promoters. At a certain point during our Black This Out promotion campaign, I think people were pledging to attend at an exponential rate. This is because our promotion efforts over 3-4 weeks had started to snowball. The same thing could happen with this program once we get enough people dedicated to it. It would eventually take on a life of its own and most likely turn into a monster in the later months.

Like Black This Out, we could use the pledge referral system described below to keep building our promotion team...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    In the Black this out money bomb I remember on the website we had a place to sign up to receive a referral link. People would then promote the money bomb everywhere and use the referral link that they got from the site. The rankings were listed on the website. When unique people clicked on your referral link, your total would change and the rankings would update. The top 3 referrers received prizes. If I remember right I think the top prize was to meet Ron Paul, but it's been a while so I can't be sure. The point is if the rewards are a strong enough motivator, then a system like this will act as an engine for promotion. It's much better than expecting people to promote by themselves. Can something like this be put together? If you need help with it, try checking out the main promotion thread for black this out to see if you can find more info on it.
    Another good thing about this is that it doesn't discard money bombs entirely. They can be done together as you pointed out, $10 every week and money bombs every 1.5 months to boost donations.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-02-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Yes, exactly. It's shifting the dynamic of throwing lump sums of funds at the campaign every 1.5 months (which if we recall did cause challenges for the campaign) and moving toward an effort that aims to benefit from exponential growth and forward momentum. I haven't looked at Q2 numbers, but I know they were low. Q1 there were 200k donors. If you get just the known base of donors to commit to $10 per week, it would put the campaign on pace to raise $24 million this next quarter.

One downside of the moneybombs was that because of how we themed them, they weren't always palatable to a more broad GOP involvement or narrowing in on a target audience. I think with this, if we focused it around Rand's policy positions, you could do something like.. you're donating $1 for a sensible foreign policy, $1 for tax reform, $1 for ending government spying on Americans, etc. and make it something that inspires people to make micro-donations toward those issues.

There is a possibility that the campaign could then adopt the platform and build it into their donation system, allowing for recurring donations. Someone in the campaign would obviously have to review the legalities of such thing.. but if there is no legal concerns, something like that would be great.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

My thought was we evolve moneybombs to a "moneystream". Supporters donate $10 each week and we work to grow a large base of supporters doing just that.
    This is what the campaign would want, a predictable stream. Needs another name I think.

We could still do moneybombs to coincide with the ongoing effort, but they could be built into the main web site that would promote the moneystream.
    Yes... 5th of november is the only moneybomb with a chance to go beyond the current base of support, remember, remember...

The other big thing that has a chance to help fundraising is if the campaign makes a specific call for funding for a specific action... such as a particular commercial that is so good that all of us want everyone in the world to see it.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Dusman, I had an idea for a name, but I can't PM you because your inbox is full. I'll send it to nayjevin for now.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A name to compete with 'Feel the Bern'

The campaign has monthly subscriptions. Maybe we can ask them to add weekly. Daily could be good too. It will eat transaction fees. But it might be a lot easier to sell someone who normally would never donate on 1.29 a day. That would still be 30 dollars a month after fees we never would have gotten.
    When you know Its name, you know pride.
    It is our nature, It is man.
    Yet It is ripped from our souls, so
    When you know Its meaning, you feel pain.
    [ama-gi]
    Don't despair MAN:
    It is our nature, It will return to you.
    It will keep your heart beating, and soon It will overcome.

One of the things I like best about moneybombs is seeing all the different names popup on the official website as people donate. If the moneybombs evolve into a moneystream, do you think it might still be possible to have the names of weekly donors show up somehow on the website?

Quote Originally Posted by lfrml View Post
    One of the things I like best about moneybombs is seeing all the different names popup on the official website as people donate. If the moneybombs evolve into a moneystream, do you think it might still be possible to have the names of weekly donors show up somehow on the website?
    Yes absolutely. In fact, the traditional moneybomb would work the exact same way, where the campaign can still promote the ticker on their main site like they've always done. We would just promote that through a pre-existing web site.

The main difference is between moneybombs we are committing to a weekly $10 donation. The moneybomb results may not be as substantial as 2008 and 2012, but I think that will be the case either way for Rand's campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Dusman, I had an idea for a name, but I can't PM you because your inbox is full. I'll send it to nayjevin for now.
    Inbox is clear now.

Just to keep everyone updated, the Grassroots Moneybomb team from the previous RP election cycles including programmers/designers/promoters/video editors are currently engaged offline regarding these efforts. We will be posting something in a couple of days. Thanks.

"We're putting the band back together..." ~ Blues Brothers (1980)
    Last edited by orenbus; 10-03-2015 at 06:48 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Oh, come on guys. This is a no brainer. A scene with "Remember, remember the 5th of November" from V for Vendetta - Cut to the excitement from Ron Paul's huge money bomb - Then cut to clips back and forth showing how similar some of the stuff Rand and Ron are saying is.

Easy day. Brings Rand back into the anti-establishment ring that Trump and Carson are currently exploiting.

We could also do a video comparing all of the media pundits saying how Ron was unelectable (and show the same for Rand), then end with "are you going to let the Mainstream Media decide your president again?"

November 5th. Done.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Oh, come on guys. This is a no brainer. A scene with "Remember, remember the 5th of November" from V for Vendetta - Cut to the excitement from Ron Paul's huge money bomb - Then cut to clips back and forth showing how similar some of the stuff Rand and Ron are saying is.

Easy day. Brings Rand back into the anti-establishment ring that Trump and Carson are currently exploiting.

We could also do a video comparing all of the media pundits saying how Ron was unelectable (and show the same for Rand), then end with "are you going to let the Mainstream Media decide your president again?"

November 5th. Done.
    THIS.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saw this going around on FB

seems like there will be two money bombs Oct 28 and Nov 5, which actually isn't a bad idea...if Rand does really well at the debate, the two dates will connect to each other with momentum.

https://www.facebook.com/events/144921362527421/
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

^^really good image

I don't recall ever seeing that photo before: wonder where it came from.

I think that they didnt read this thread. They just saw thread title and decided to make an event... I will get pissed off at people from "Rand Paul 2016" who did this if putting event page is all they plan to do...no promotion, no engagement etc. Moneybomb that fails does great amount of damage. There was Labor Day and Sept. 22nd ones that were announced, worked very little on and messed things up for our Constitution Day moneybomb. Luckily Oct. 18th is far enough apart from Nov.5th.

I personally will be working on November 5. There is not enough time to work on both properly. Will anyone from RPFs be working on October 18th one?

I wish them luck. Great picture.
    Last edited by Barrex; 10-05-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

It's looks like theirs is October 28th. So it's only a weeks difference from November 5th.
    When you know Its name, you know pride.
    It is our nature, It is man.
    Yet It is ripped from our souls, so
    When you know Its meaning, you feel pain.
    [ama-gi]
    Don't despair MAN:
    It is our nature, It will return to you.
    It will keep your heart beating, and soon It will overcome.

maybe end both promo vids with this one of the last 10 seconds...

They want it to be on the same day as the debate, which is a bad idea. The campaign seems to be very sensitive to press after the debate, if it is only at $25K, they won't put the ticker up on the front page.

I'm all in to help promoting one for the 5th of November... but since it seems both October 28th and the 5th of November are being planned for - how about tie them together and run it from the 28th to the 5th?

A raffle would help connect them, run it over the course of the 9 days...

Here's a raffle Rubio's team put together - https://marcorubio.com/birthdayconte...tm_0id=051915b
    Last edited by ZakCarter; 10-05-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    I'm all in to help promoting one for the 5th of November... but since it seems both October 28th and the 5th of November are being planned for - how about tie them together and run it from the 28th to the 5th?

Here's a raffle Rubio's team put together - https://marcorubio.com/birthdayconte...tm_0id=051915b
    Love that idea, especially if you can win a raffle to meet Rand, Massie, Amash, Napolitano or even Ron Paul.
    Rand Paul for Peace

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    Where will you get funds for raffle or how do you plan to execute it? I am all for it.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Not a fan of the Black This Out 2.0 but willing to help out. I still have the facebook and twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/BlackThisOut

https://twitter.com/blackthisout

Need to make this one big... Like 3 million big or face the hit pieces that Rand didn't live up to his fathers moneybomb..

So everyone max out! lol

Dusman, do you still have access to the software that put black bars over Facebook avatars? That was a big deal when it came to spreading awareness on Facebook. It was included on the main website for anyone to use if you remember. Also did you and orenbus get my PM response?

GREEN LIGHT. WE ARE GO!

Edit: Sentinel, will PM you.
    Last edited by orenbus; 10-06-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast