Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Evaluation (2018): Kelli Ward (U.S. Senate, R-AZ)

Campaign Evaluation (2018): Kelli Ward (U.S. Senate, R-AZ)

This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to their position on supporting liberty as well as issues relating to their campaign. The most important information may be aggregated in this top post for easy reference.

Candidate Name: Dr. Kelli Ward
    Office Sought: U.S. Senate, Arizona
    Prior Office: AZ State Senator, 5th Legislative District

Social Media:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube

Candidate Profile: On the Issues
    Civil Liberties: Author of Arizona Fourth Amendment Protection Act.
    Constitutional Issues:
    Economic Issues:
    Foreign Policy:
    Social Issues:
    Overall Issues Rating:

Race Profile: Competition & Demographics
    State: Arizona
    District: N/A
    Incumbent: Jeff Flake (R-AZ)
    Primary Date: August, 2018
    Other Primary Candidates:
    Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties:
    Cook PVI: R+7 (Solid Republican)
    Relevant poll numbers:

Overall Race Profile Rating:

Miscellaneous Pros/Cons

Key strong points: Strong on 4th Amendment.

Unknown points for further research:

Possible weak points:

Possible deal breakers: none

Overall Rating:
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 12-13-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Radio Interview with Kelli Ward:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Kelli Ward Beats John McCain in Latest AZ Poll

by Michelle Moons - 21 Aug 2015

Arizona State Senator Kelli Ward, challenging U.S. Senator Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), leads the five-term Washington insider for the first time in a poll.

Her lead stands at nine percent.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-new-az-poll/

I definitely want to know more about her.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

She may be better than McCain, but she is a politician's politician.... If I have to listen to her "BFF" Speech one more time, I'm going to suck-start my pistol. She has many unknowns but listening to her speak, she seems like a snake and just another greasy deal-making politician. She REALLY rubs me the wrong way when she speaks.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even if she is related to Hitler, I would probably vote for her just to get McCain out.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

It's either Kelli Ward or Ann Kirkpatrick, probably better Ward

getting McCain out is reward enough even if she is another Flake

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    It's either Kelli Ward or Ann Kirkpatrick, probably better Ward

getting McCain out is reward enough even if she is another Flake
    I agree she would be better than McCain and Kirkpatrick... but a small-government freedom-fighter she is NOT.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    suck-start my pistol.
    Ive never heard that one before
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'm curious. How did this one turn out?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm curious. How did this one turn out?
    Doesn't happen until Aug 30th.

Kelli Ward interview. Go to the 5:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2G_PSpNxWE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Kelli with an "I", because "I" care about the people!" I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Props for her to go on AJ Show, though.

- Diogenes of Sinope

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Dr. Ron Paul endorses Dr. Kelli Ward:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...r-john-mccain/

"As a physician, you have seen first*hand how ObamaCare has reduced our liberties in just a few short years. During your time as state senator, you have fought to reduce the size of government and restore the liberties of Arizonans. We need to elect more people into the U.S. Senate to stand alongside my son, Rand Paul. Because of your dedication to smaller government and restoring more of our personal liberties, I am proud to endorse your campaign for the U.S. Senate."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"War should be Constitutionally approved by Congress and only when national security is clearly at stake." -Dr. Ward

https://twitter.com/kelliwardaz/stat...40884065218560

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

McCain is "Directly Responsible" for ISIS

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Dr. Kelli Ward @kelliwardaz

.@ariellekopec @RLibertyCaucus @Rebekah_2016 @ThomasMassieKY @RandPaul @RobManess I'm endorsed by Ron Paul & proud!
    https://twitter.com/kelliwardaz/stat...07649865871362

Seems like there should be more discussion about her. What's her record like as a state senator in Arizona?

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Seems like there should be more discussion about her.

Good video. Who knew that she was at LPAC and Ron had mentioned her back then?

Gun Owners of America Endorses Dr. Kelli Ward to oust John McCain:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...d-john-mccain/

Gun Owners of America (GOA) just released a radio ad that will run statewide in Arizona, urging voters to support Kelli Ward and end the senatorial run of “gun-grabbing globalist” John McCain. ...

http://gunowners.org/new08022016.htm

Dr. Ward: "McCain is directly responsible for ISIS"

Dr. Kelli Ward, "John McCain is directly responsible for the rise of ISIS."

"John McCain is “directly responsible” for the rise of ISIS. Without his dangerously distracted foreign policy, we would not have this ruthless Islamic extremist organization that crucifies children, systematically rapes women, oppresses Christians, and throws homosexuals off rooftops.

Libya and Iraq would not be the “Harvard of terrorism” they are now if it were not for his knee-jerk, trigger-happy foreign policy of promiscuously arming the supposedly moderate militants he says he is “intimate with” and overthrowing stable, albeit unsavory regimes. He even wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years and joked about risking military lives to “Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.” Even George W. Bush and Tony Blair have admitted that the 2003 invasion of Iraq created a vacuum which allowed jihadist ideologies to flourish. Our open border has given those emboldened elements access to our country and our citizens. McCain has been complicit in all of it."

https://causes.anedot.com/ward-for-senate?sc=home

Melusky Suspends Campaign providing opening for defeat of McCain

McCain's greatest hope has been that the anti-McCain vote is divided.

Alex Melusky, however, has now stepped aside suspending his campaign to enable Dr. Ward to defeat McCain.

Meluskey:
    “I made it very clear from the outset that if I was not in a position to win this race, I would do what is best for our state, and for our country, and step aside before voting began”, he stated. “That is why effective today, I am suspending my campaign and therefore I am not presently a candidate for the U.S. Senate. I am keeping my promise to the people of Arizona in order to clear the way for the defeat of John McCain”.

http://meluskey.nationbuilder.com/press_release_campaign

Many political observers expect McCain to easily advance to the November election. Legitimate polling in the state is lacking, and the only head-to-head poll measuring McCain versus Ward, in late January, showed McCain so far ahead that another poll hasn't been done.
    I'd like to see a newer poll. SHe is lightyears better than Songbird McCain. But McCain has millions more than her in funds.

McCain has a history of fighting off primary challenges from the right. In 2010, he trounced conservative stalwart Rep. J.D. Hayworth by 24 percentage points.

McCain has been spending his vast war chest on the Democrat in line to challenge him if he knocks off Ward and Van Steenwyk in the primary. He had $5.8 million in the bank June 30, compared with just $240,000 for Ward.
    http://www.havasunews.com/news/mccai...642a68351.html

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    McCain's greatest hope has been that the anti-McCain vote is divided.

Alex Melusky, however, has now stepped aside suspending his campaign to enable Dr. Ward to defeat McCain.

Meluskey:
    “I made it very clear from the outset that if I was not in a position to win this race, I would do what is best for our state, and for our country, and step aside before voting began”, he stated. “That is why effective today, I am suspending my campaign and therefore I am not presently a candidate for the U.S. Senate. I am keeping my promise to the people of Arizona in order to clear the way for the defeat of John McCain”.

http://meluskey.nationbuilder.com/press_release_campaign
    This is good news! Are the ballots printed yet? Has voting by mail started?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast