Thread: Poll: Trump beats Hillary head-to-head

Exclamation Poll: Trump beats Hillary head-to-head

Poll: Trump beats Hillary head-to-head

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...y-head-to-head

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump leads Democrat Hillary Clinton head-to-head, according to a new poll released Friday.

The poll by SurveyUSA finds that matched up directly, Trump garners 45 percent to Clinton’s 40 percent.

In other head-to-head matchups, Trump beats out Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) by 44 percent to 40 percent; Vice President Joe Biden by 44 percent to 42 percent; and former Vice President Al Gore by 44 percent to 41 percent.

Trump’s surge past Clinton marks a dramatic turnaround in the polls.

A CNN/ORC sampling of national voters in late June — just days after Trump entered the race — found that 59 percent supported Clinton to 34 percent picking Trump in a head-to-head race.

The same poll taken in July saw Clinton at 57 percent to Trump at 38 percent. And a version taken in August had Clinton with 52 percent support and Trump with 43 percent.

Trump has seen his campaign’s popularity surge through the summer while Clinton’s has struggled with voter concerns over her transparency and trustworthiness as secretary of State.

The poll also found that 30 percent of respondents believe Trump will eventually be the Republican nominee, leading the field.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush came in second, with 20 percent saying they expect him to win the nomination. Following Bush in order were retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.).

The poll surveyed 1,000 adults across the nation Sept. 2-3, and it had a margin of error of 3.3 percent.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like I've been saying. Trump actually has a really good chance at winning. Not based on merit of course but because Idiocracy. And the Trumpaloompas will keep singing his praises all the way to the ovens.

Another candidate needs to step up and let the voters know why they need to support HIM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Like I've been saying. Trump actually has a really good chance at winning. Not based on merit of course but because Idiocracy. And the Trumpaloompas will keep singing his praises all the way to the ovens.
    Please.

Trump can be destroyed as easily as he was created and he will be. A few well placed bimbos and racist remarks from the past right before voting and it's over. Don't you remember how this game is played? I'd be more worried about which real candidate Trump is running interference for.

Donald Trump will never come within a mile of being potus.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Please.

Trump can be destroyed as easily as he was created and he will be. A few well placed bimbos and racist remarks from the past right before voting and it's over. Don't you remember how this game is played? I'd be more worried about which real candidate Trump is running interference for.

Donald Trump will never come within a mile of being potus.
    They've already done that to him and it didn't work.
    "The Patriarch"

Here is methodology of the poll:

METHODOLOGY
    A total of 1,001 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.
    Among the entire sample, 27% described themselves as Democrats, 23% described themselves as Republicans, and 50% described
    themselves as independents or members of another party.
    All respondents were asked questions concerning basic demographics, and the entire sample was weighted to reflect national
    Census figures for gender, race, age, education, region of country, and telephone usage.
    Crosstabs on the following pages only include results for subgroups with enough unweighted cases to produce a sampling error of
    +/- 8.5 percentage points or less. Some subgroups represent too small a share of the national population to produce crosstabs with
    an acceptable sampling error. Interviews were conducted among these subgroups, but results for groups with a sampling error
    larger than +/-8.5 percentage points are not displayed and instead are denoted with "N/A".
    s are not displayed and instead are denoted with "N/A".
    It said that 50% describe themselves as "indepedents" which most likely means they are either republican or democrats. I do love the margin of error of 8.5 percent, lol?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

That's a pretty big MOE, and 50% indy is a bit absurd even in a General. 30% indy sounds a bit more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    They've already done that to him and it didn't work.
    That was just a little sneak peak. Wait until a week or two before the IA caucus and NH primary. All you will see in the news is that Trump beat some bimbos, cheated on his wives and called somebody ******, spic, slant or whatever.

I suspect the plan is to let Trump deface the GOP drawing attention away from the Clintons until no republican is electable then the scandal comes and he drops out, Jeb is nominated and the Clintons move back into the white house.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That was just a little sneak peak. Wait until a week or two before the IA caucus and NH primary. All you will see in the news is that Trump beat some bimbos, cheated on his wives and called somebody ******, spic, slant or whatever.

I suspect the plan is to let Trump deface the GOP drawing attention away from the Clintons until no republican is electable then the scandal comes and he drops out, Jeb is nominated and the Clintons move back into the white house.
    Jeb was unelectable from day one. We're only pondering over whether Trump is a stalking horse, or has gone rogue. If the GOP/MSM machine piles onto him with sleaze attacks, Trump can exercise his "I see no circumstances" exculpatory clause to get out of the pledge. By their going into the gutter, he can declare "I didn't foresee this circumstance" of the leadership lurching into unfairness (yeah, right), and run 3rd party.

If Trump is just a stalking horse, this indeed would be the plan to get Hillary elected. If he's rogue, he goes for broke, spends $300 million of his own cash to bury Bush and Hillary, runs shill candidates in the sour grapes states to get past that problem, wins with a 40% margin in most states, or forces a deadlock vote in Congress.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 09-06-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

I still think it's unlikely, but should Trump pull out a victory in Iowa, New Hampshire, or both, then I will consider us all in uncharted waters. Until then, this doesn't look any different from previous insurgent candidacies by non-office holders and will fizzle out about as quickly.

Jan2017

Putin is smiling more and more . . .

This is an indication of how badly Clinton is sliding, not an indication of Trump's ability to win crossover votes.

Notice they carefully avoided asking this group (which they admit is severely screwed toward the type of people who like Trump) about any other head to head matchups. They want this to look like it's a broadening of Trump support. They do not want people to see what this is--an indication that if Rand Paul were to run against Clinton he'd win in a bigger landslide than Reagan against Milquetoast Mondale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.