Thread: Church Initiative for Rand Paul

Church Initiative for Rand Paul

I was thinking that perhaps it is best to go to the Republican voters in their conservative churches and explain that Rand is against Radical Islam. Rand is the only one who stood up against arming the Radical Islamist in Libya and Syria. He also wants the 28 pages out. No one else has stood up against America's cozy relationship with terrorist and their sponsors: http://non-intervention.com/1765/isl...aining-option/
    http://28pages.org/

Rand wants to defund these evil and wicked regimes who threaten Israel, the United States, and the world. I argue that you should infiltrate your local churches. Find out what the members think about radical Islam and Israel. Then tailor your message to them and explain to them why Rand is the best to fight Radical Islam because he understands it and why he is the best to defend Israel against the growing Islamic threat that it faces. Also be polite and sincere

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stand with Rand:
    Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said Saudi Arabia “needs to be working against radical Islam.”

In discussing President Barack Obama’s visit Paul said, “I hope he says to Saudi Arabia that we’d like them to help us and work with us instead of against us. I think a lot of the arms that Saudi Arabia and Qatar have poured into the Syrian war, the Syrian civil war have actually been hurting us. They have actually wound up in the hand of ISIS. So I hope the message to them is they need to be working against radical Islam. They need to quit funding radical Islamic schools in our country around the world and need to send ground troops in to help us fight ISIS.”

“So Saudi Arabia needs to step up to be on our side and not be provoking the situation,” he added.
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...radical-islam/

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I was thinking that perhaps it is best to go to the Republican voters in their conservative churches and explain that Rand is against Radical Islam. Rand is the only one who stood up against arming the Radical Islamist in Libya and Syria. He also wants the 28 pages out. No one else has stood up against America's cozy relationship with terrorist and their sponsors: http://non-intervention.com/1765/isl...aining-option/
    http://28pages.org/

Rand wants to defund these evil and wicked regimes who threaten Israel, the United States, and the world. I argue that you should infiltrate your local churches. Find out what the members think about radical Islam and Israel. Then tailor your message to them and explain to them why Rand is the best to fight Radical Islam because he understands it and why he is the best to defend Israel against the growing Islamic threat that it faces. Also be polite and sincere
    How does one infiltrate a church like that?

If someone's already a regular church goer, then they will presumably keep going to the same church pretty much every Sunday, where they are hardly an infiltrator. If someone's not already a regular church goer, and they go to visit a church, then they're just a visitor there. They may find the church quite welcoming to them as a visitor, but it will take some time before they are an active committed member of that church. I hope that they would take this process seriously enough that they would choose the church they intend to join on the basis of things other than the provision of a short-lived opportunity to win over a few people to vote for Rand in a primary.

I think someone like Sola Fide should follow their heart since they have real conviction. However someone that just wants Rand to win and isn't deeply devoted to religion should go after these votes if they can fake being a polite Christian with a smile. Who knows they might like it. Also the Church gets money out of this. Its a business. The person can keep on visiting and spreading the gospel of Rand Paul.

Churches are very welcoming. They have dinners and stuff. Its about a community. You have to go there and start being a part of it. If politics comes up they can mention the 28 pages, radical Islam, America's funding of terrorist sponsoring states under Bush and Clinton, and how Rand is against radical Islam (remembering these people are probably Fox News Christians). Talk about liberty, founding fathers, and over regulation that keep the businesses that ship jobs overseas empowered over us. Christians want people to be saved and stuff. They seek people out on college campuses etc. Evangelism is real big so why not use it to Rand's advantage by giving them his message too?

I think someone like Sola Fide should follow their heart since they have real conviction. However someone that just wants Rand to win and isn't deeply devoted to religion should go after these votes if they can fake being a polite Christian with a smile. Who knows they might like it. Also the Church gets money out of this. Its a business. The person can keep on visiting and spreading the gospel of Rand Paul.

Churches are very welcoming. They have dinners and stuff. Its about a community. You have to go there and start being a part of it. If politics comes up they can mention the 28 pages, radical Islam, America's funding of terrorist sponsoring states under Bush and Clinton, and how Rand is against radical Islam (remembering these people are probably Fox News Christians). Talk about liberty, founding fathers, and over regulation that keep the businesses that ship jobs overseas empowered over us. Christians want people to be saved and stuff. They seek people out on college campuses etc. Evangelism is real big so why not use it to Rand's advantage by giving them his message too?
    Good luck with that.

I think that what you'll find, though, is that the regular church goers have a better understanding of why they believe what they do than the new visitor who's faking being a Christian and trying to change their minds.

True Christians can pick out fake ones very easily. It won't work.

They aren't going to be going where there are real Christians but people who watch Fox News, support militarism, thinks Obama is a Muslim and not an American, think the Muslims are coming to get us and establish Shariah law, and those that rarely read the bible but when they do its all the exciting end times stuff and stuff that supports their xenophobia (Ham story, gays bad, kiss Israel's butt and you get rich and cursed if you don't, etc). I'm sure people know their shtick and can pretend well enough. Besides everything I said was true.

I'm from the south and I know old people believe in this crap. I can fake it so can you! Stand with Rand! You just want to let them believe their nonsense but put Rand's positions in when it puts Rand in a position of strength. Play the game. Rand is playing. You've crossed the Rubicon. There is no going back!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    That actually probably would work because there are a lot of poorly taught Christians and false Christians.

Can you give me an exact list here of who at RPF is truly saved? I doubt it
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

To be clear though, I'm NOT saying Rand should do this. Dishonest pragmatism isn't Biblical
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Rand is courting these people's votes. He is knee deep in pragmatism or he isn't playing the game like Jack Hunter said. I can think of something that he has been dishonest about but no one is going to be seriously harmed from the dishonesty here. The only dishonesty would be inside the supporters hearts (do they actually believe in Jesus or not). They can say the Iran deal is bad (dishonest) and that Iran is seeking nukes (lacking evidence but its Rand's position) and then tell the truth about our Sunni allies and how Rand is the only one who calls them out for their support for terrorism. Then talk about how we lose our freedoms while supporting the regimes that threaten us, giving them weapons to someday attack Israel. Then further explain Rand's policy on jobs, babies, immigration, and civil rights. Appeal to authority, mention Michael Sheuer (the guy who was the head of the CIA's Alec station). Quote Rand verbatim on his most recent positions on radical Islam and Iran. Any discrepancies say he did it while campaigning for his dad. He is a good son who obviously disagrees with his dear old dad.

Rand is courting these people's votes. He is knee deep in pragmatism or he isn't playing the game like Jack Hunter said. I can think of something that he has been dishonest about but no one is going to be seriously harmed from the dishonesty here. The only dishonesty would be inside the supporters hearts (do they actually believe in Jesus or not). They can say the Iran deal is bad (dishonest) and that Iran is seeking nukes (lacking evidence but its Rand's position) and then tell the truth about our Sunni allies and how Rand is the only one who calls them out for their support for terrorism. Then talk about how we lose our freedoms while supporting the regimes that threaten us, giving them weapons to someday attack Israel. Then further explain Rand's policy on jobs, babies, immigration, and civil rights. Appeal to authority, mention Michael Sheuer (the guy who was the head of the CIA's Alec station). Quote Rand verbatim on his most recent positions on radical Islam and Iran. Any discrepancies say he did it while campaigning for his dad. He is a good son who obviously disagrees with his dear old dad.
    By all means, give this a try and report back to us how it goes.

I already know what's going to happen. But there's no harm in you finding out for yourself.

I'm offering up ideas for you guys. I think they are pretty good. I know Trump, Carson, and Huckabee has a special place in their heart but I think Rand can win some hearts out there. How do you get Rand elected if you don't talk to the likely voters about issues that they care about and in the language they understand, explaining Rand's most recent positions? The media isn't going to do it.

I'm offering up ideas for you guys. I think they are pretty good.
    I get it. Seriously, if you think this is a good idea, then why not take it upon yourself to try it and see for yourself if it actually is?

After all, if it really does work as you expect, then this experience will make your case that much more convincing to others.

Are you going to pay my expenses?

I am not going to fall for the neg rep bait again. I see what you did there!
    Last edited by Rad; 09-05-2015 at 02:18 PM.

tell them you're a catholic. they view catholics as weak christians or cafeteria christians or delusional christians but at least your heart is in the right place even though the pope is a vessel of satan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice one goldwater's ghost!

I'm offering ideas. People are free to accept or reject them but I think awesome videos and a Christian Zionist outreach program would aid Rand. The media isn't going to do it. He has the upper hand because his opponents are a bunch of terrorist sponsor supporters and the American people do not know it except for Hillary: http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/rand-paul...azi-testimony/

I'm not posting bs: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour...d-the-rat-line

Rand is right about Hillary, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar. His supporters supposed to preach his positions to all corners of the earth.

Are you going to pay my expenses?

I am not going to fall for the neg rep bait again. I see what you did there!
    What expenses?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    What expenses?
    Payment for the time I spend on the job and tithing expenses. It wouldn't be polite to go and not monetarily support the church!

Nice one goldwater's ghost!

I'm offering ideas. People are free to accept or reject them but I think awesome videos and a Christian Zionist outreach program would aid Rand. The media isn't going to do it. He has the upper hand because his opponents are a bunch of terrorist sponsor supporters and the American people do not know it except for Hillary: http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/rand-paul...azi-testimony/

I'm not posting bs: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour...d-the-rat-line

Rand is right about Hillary, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar. His supporters supposed to preach his positions to all corners of the earth.
    IN THEORY, ITS A GOOD IDEA. But its all about knowing the people and Rand's positions. Good luck

How else is Rand going to get votes from this constituency if people don't go and find them? Just ignore them and let all Rand's work go to waste? He is the best Republican running. He is right about these countries stabbing us in the back. People need to get involved now and get to know people. This operation will take time and dedication!

Payment for the time I spend on the job and tithing expenses. It wouldn't be polite to go and not monetarily support the church!
    You won't have to tithe. No, I won't pay for your time on the job. But if you actually do this and report back on it, good or bad, I'll give you a +rep.

You can't just "infiltrate" a church and get votes for a politician. Just as a good segment of America is over politicians, a good segment of the Christian church is over the political manipulation of the right.

That being said, I think that the church (at least the protestant evangelical wing) has experienced a change in values over the past few years, with many more people getting serious about social justice issues, caring for the poor, and speaking up for the vulnerable. Many, many more Christians have become involved in things like caring for orphans overseas, domestic foster care, community outreach, refugee organizations, etc. Having been very involved in these myself, the issues with American political status quo--the way that the wars create vulnerable women and orphans, the ways that the failed War on Drugs has put thousands of kids into the system, and the ways that crony capitalism exploits people economically are very evident. These people are ripe for the pickings--are are mostly a younger (25-40) audience influenced not only at church but by bloggers and online communities.

The challenge: there seems to be a prevalent attitude among these same Christians that politics is worthless. I know many people who are the most socially active and serving in their community that never vote. There is a general disgust for "Religious Right" Christians, as they are largely viewed as hypocrites.

Those don't vote Republican

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Infiltrating churches? Eh...

But I do think Rand needs go after the primary Christian voter. He does not need to go all Ralph Reed on people and push values but link how his message goes hand in hand with Christian thinking. Not all Christians are evil and want to go to war and lose sons and daughters. Not all Christians want government morality dictating like Huck. Rand has a case to be made towards that base. Heck, Pat Robertson even supports legalizing pot.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Those don't vote Republican
    A lot aren't voting at all. That is my point. The same party that had all the baby boomer "Religious Right" Christian voters in the 90s has completely ignored their children. Lots of those kids ended up leaving the church, but those that are there are more serious about their faith than their parents but also less interested in politicians. Let's face it, they were and are mostly disingenous.

A quick perusal of the top 10 Christian bloggers by readership (descending order): Ann Voskamp, Tim Challies, Albert Mohler, John Zuhlsdorf, Donald Miller, Thom Ranier, Rachel Held Evans, Sarah Bessey, Jen Hatmaker, Jeremy Myers. With the exception of Al Mohler, none are promoting religious right type politics, if they discuss politics at all. You will find a lot of wrestling with authentic faith, and social issues like fighting sex trafficking, racism, poverty, child welfare and homelessness. However, most are coming from a totally different approach than the liberal social justice movement of yesteryear as well. Abortion is and continues to be a watershed issue for all Christians, and most will never vote for someone like Hillary or most Democrats for that reason.

My take: millennial Christians--especially women-- are ripe for the picking. But you will have to move way beyond stereotypes and cliched methods to reach them.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...rad is right on!..if your prophet rand is going to go out there and possibly shame himself, blacken his soul, etc.--lying in the major media microphone to the vast school of republicrat mulletry--selling himself for the greater good...well, the least you cheerleaders, campaign operatives, etc., can do is go to a few local church mullets and sell him..

...(the stinking republicrats:...pandering to the mullets who talk to invisible men...insulting rational agnostics, etc....always!!..
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 09-22-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Rand said he believed in theistic evolution. If I was his advisor, I would tell him to really quiet that down when he is speaking to Christians who believe the Bible.

Rand said he believed in theistic evolution. If I was his advisor, I would tell him to really quiet that down when he is speaking to Christians who believe the Bible.
    Theistic evolution is gaining lots of ground, even in more conservative or evangelical churches.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

It worked for Marjoe and his camera crew.