Thread: Rand Paul Reluctantly Defends Trump from Hewitt’s ‘Gotcha’ Questions

Rand Paul Reluctantly Defends Trump from Hewitt’s ‘Gotcha’ Questions

Rand Paul Reluctantly Defends Trump from Hewitt’s ‘Gotcha’ Questions

by Matt Wilstein | 12:08 pm, September 4th, 2015

I’m not big on defending Donald Trump by any means and I’ve been one of his fiercest critics,”Rand Paul told host Michael Smerconish on his SiriusXM radio show Friday morning. But all that being said, the candidate still proceeded to take Trump’s side on the question of whether Hugh Hewitt was guilty of asking “gotcha” questions about the Quds Force during his interview with the GOP frontrunner last night.

Paul said he too sometimes has trouble hearing the difference between “Quds” and “Kurds” and gave Trump the benefit of the doubt on that confusion. “And I also thinking that running through a list every different Arab name and asking people to respond to them is a little bit of a game of ‘gotcha,'” Paul added. But at the same time, he said that knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah is an important attribute for the next president of the United States.

When Hewitt asked Trump if he thought a question along those lines also qualified as a “gotcha,” Trump replied, “Yes, I do. I totally do. I think it’s ridiculous.”
    “Like I say, I’m not into defending Donald Trump and you find it often,” Paul said. “But I think some interviewers do like to play this game.”
    During a phone appearance on Morning Joe Friday, Trump dismissed Hewitt, who will be one of the moderators at this month’s GOP debate on CNN, as nothing more than a “third-rate radio announcer.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul...cha-questions/
    Hmm

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Hewitt's a major neocon.
    Yep. Kind of ironic when the neoconservatives write articles saying that the neocon influence is all gone. They are just playing musical chairs and promoting new ones to the public view. Keeping the charade going.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Chester Copperpot

hugh hewitt is an $#@!.. i remember $#@! he used to say about ron paul... makes me want to vote for trump more if hewitt hates him

i like it...after you dominate someone, the next way to exude that is to take up for them. good timing and good way to frame it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    hugh hewitt is an $#@!.. i remember $#@! he used to say about ron paul... makes me want to vote for trump more if hewitt hates him
    You don't have to, Hewitt dislikes Rand too.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Double post
    Rand Paul for Peace

How Trump responded to the questions speaks volumns about trumps lousy character not whether or not he knew the answers.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neoconservative is one step better than trump so calling Hewitt an Neocon makes not a wit of difference.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.