Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christianity and homosexual "marriage"

Christianity and homosexual "marriage"

Guess I'll be the one to start another thread on this topic...

Personally I'm against homosexual unions whether they're called marriage or by another name, but it's not my place to tell anybody else how to live their life and I certainly don't want government telling them either.

Here's a hit from Google to start it off;

Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-gay-marriage/

Last week’s Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide raised questions about how the decision will affect religious groups – especially those that continue to oppose allowing gay and lesbian couples to wed. The court’s ruling makes clear that clergy and religious organizations are not obliged to perform same-sex marriages, but some groups have expressed concerns about their tax-exempt status.

Where Major Religions Stand on Same-Sex MarriageMany of the largest U.S. religious institutions have remained firmly against allowing same-sex marriage, including the Roman Catholic Church, the Orthodox Jewish movement and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as the Southern Baptist Convention and other evangelical Protestant denominations.

At the same time, in the past two decades, several other religious groups also have moved to allow same-sex couples to marry within their traditions. This includes the Reform and Conservative Jewish movements, the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ.

And the list is growing: Clergy from the Episcopal Church will be able to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies after the church’s General Convention approved a new definition of marriage this week. Another mainline Protestant denomination, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), voted to formally sanction same-sex marriage earlier this year.

Among the four largest mainline Protestant churches, the same-sex marriage debate has not been simple. The United Methodist Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) (not to be confused with the Presbyterian Church in America, which opposes same-sex marriage) and the Episcopal Church have wrestled with the issue for years, often as part of a larger debate on the role of gays and lesbians in the church.

The new definition of marriage for the Episcopal Church, a member of the Anglican Communion, drew “deep concern” from the archbishop of Canterbury, whose Church of England does not sanction same-sex marriage. And the debate within the Presbyterian Church has already led some congregations to break away and join other, more conservative Presbyterian denominations. Both denominations allow clergy to opt out of performing same-sex marriages, while the ELCA allows ministers and their congregations to determine their own policies.

The United Methodist Church does not allow same-sex blessings or marriages. But the United Methodists also have been intensely debating the issue, particularly in the past year or so, after a church court tried, defrocked and eventually reinstated the Rev. Frank Schaefer, a Methodist pastor who had performed a same-sex marriage ceremony for his gay son. Schaefer’s case has split the church, with some clergy flouting the rules and marrying same-sex couples and other, more conservative members threatening to leave if the church does not hold to its current rules prohibiting gay marriage.

Overall, a solid majority of white mainline Protestants (62%) now favor allowing gays and lesbians to wed, with just 33% opposed, according to a 2015 Pew Research Center survey. A similar share (63%) say there is “no conflict” between their religious beliefs and homosexuality.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think its great that there are religious organizations that sanction gay marriage.
    I think its great that there are religious organizations that completely oppose it.
    I think the government should treat everyone as an individual regardless of their marital affiliations.
    I don't think any individual should be compelled by government to associate with or serve someone they'd rather not.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Interesting that the Pew Research Center actually saw fit to mention that the PCUSA has seen a fairly strong exodus of members to other, more Christian Churches following their caving in to the sodomite fringe, and I likewise contest that any of the religions identifying as Christian in the "sanctioning" category qualify as being such. This nonsense all got started when the Church of England began backsliding on Onanism, and it's been a domino effect ever since.

I think my position on this matter should be pretty clear, even to those who haven't read any previous posts by me on this subject. A nation of buggery is a nation on its way to destruction, and even without the republication of the Moral Law in the OT and the NT, it should be painfully obvious that a nation that becomes replete with sodomy will either die off or be conquered by a nation that is actually producing children.

A nation turning homosexual, is the ultimate and last/worst curse brought by God, imposed prior to final judgment and annihiliation of any such nation.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformedObserver View Post
    A nation turning homosexual, is the ultimate and last/worst curse brought by God, imposed prior to final judgment and annihiliation of any such nation.
    Yeah, I don't think the entirety of the nation is turning homosexual. Ask my ole lady.

I know some gays. Three "couples" to be exact. Their relationships are much like straights. There is a dominate and a submissive. Though, much like straights they like to claim that they are equals. They are all "married" just not recognized by government. I attended one of couples wedding. A friend had a "fencing" party for her dog. One of the gay couples came out. One of them sat on their ass with the women folk. They enjoyed each others company. The other put his back into driving posts and running the fence. I enjoyed his company. Neither one of them were out to steal my soul or debauch me.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    A nation of buggery is a nation on its way to destruction
    I love how there are millions of people in the US who are perfectly willing to take everything they can against homosexuality from Scripture, and yet make zero effort to understand what the word "nation" actually means, or figure out why it's actually being misapplied, or what the implications are for misapplying the word in the way it is regularly misapplied.

This is far more dangerous and damaging than potentially living next to some butt pirates.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformedObserver View Post
    Absolutely right.

And it is interesting and fitting that the state sanction of homosexuality is accompanied by an ever increasing institutionalized theft and money debasement.

All of these moral issues are connected. God is cursing and will destroy the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Absolutely right.

And it is interesting and fitting that the state sanction of homosexuality is accompanied by an ever increasing institutionalized theft and money debasement.

All of these moral issues are connected. God is cursing and will destroy the United States.
    Institutionalized theft and money debasement predicated gay "rights" by about 100 years. Gays were imprisoned back when the money theft began. I hardly think it right to equate one to the other.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Institutionalized theft and money debasement predicated gay "rights" by about 100 years. Gays were imprisoned back when the money theft began. I hardly think it right to equate one to the other.
    It does equate, because they are both sins in the Bible. Money debasement in Isaiah 1(and other places), homosexuality in Romans 1 (and other places).

Sin does relate to each other. It is no surprise that the elites are the most sexually immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I love how there are millions of people in the US who are perfectly willing to take everything they can against homosexuality from Scripture, and yet make zero effort to understand what the word "nation" actually means, or figure out why it's actually being misapplied, or what the implications are for misapplying the word in the way it is regularly misapplied.

This is far more dangerous and damaging than potentially living next to some butt pirates.
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

So, basically, you are arguing that 2 wrongs make a right?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Yes and it was to a member of the opposite sex, each time.

She didn't stop them from doing whatever it is when it's 2 males. They could have easily gone to another county.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Absolutely right.

And yet you call me "tyrannical" for wanting to criminalize homosexuality. This is why the only consistent liberty position is theonomy....
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    And yet you call me "tyrannical" for wanting to criminalize homosexuality. This is why the only consistent liberty position is theonomy....
    How about not having a state? Wouldn't that take care of the problem?

Isn't that what our forebears wanted to escape in the Church of England, when they came here?
    ================

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I love how you proceed to have an argument with millions of other people rather than actually addressing my point. If you want to play a game on semantics regarding America, to be technical America is an empire that comprises many nations. Be this as it may, the underlying point regarding sodomy and the sterility that it brings with it is an inescapable fact, let alone all of the other "pleasantries" that comes with butt pirates making a mockery of the natural means of procreation.

I guess this need not apply to a guy who thinks playing butt pirate on his own wife might be cool provided she consents to it. Go figure.

Criminalize homosexuality? Jeepers, some of you guys are extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Isn't that what our forebears wanted to escape in the Church of England, when they came here?
    No. Every state had laws against homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
    You want to see extreme? Check out what happens to a sodomite's bottom half after a couple decades of rectal punishment.

http://www.cancernetwork.com/article...homosexual-men
    http://completewellbeing.com/article...orth-the-risk/

I'm a gay man and know plenty about being one, but thanks anyway.

You have to repent and turn to the Lord to be saved.

How about not having a state? Wouldn't that take care of the problem?
    Not really as covenantal curses still exist.

I want a very small, minimal state. But one that acts against grave evil as God commands.

No. Every state had laws against homosexuality.

Indeed.

I'd work with you over almost anyone here but seriously... do you realize the type of movement you're in?

What the Scotish Covenanters fought against was not a State church but ERASTIANISM. The puritans had the same issue. The Church of England was controlled by the State. THis was rightly seen as abominable by the Reformers. Many covenanters died in order to oppose erastianism.

I'm not really for a State sanctioned denomination, but the ridiculous confusion of covenanting and erastianism makes it almost tempting

Recon theonomy doesn't insist on a particular church denomination, but it DOES insist that the case laws of the OT be upheld. If that's "tyrannical" than so is God...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Homosexual sex should, if done with two witnesses or equivalent evidence, be punished by death.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    You want to see extreme? Check out what happens to a sodomite's bottom half after a couple decades of rectal punishment.

http://www.cancernetwork.com/article...homosexual-men
    http://completewellbeing.com/article...orth-the-risk/
    I don't assume all homosexuals are into anal.

Not really as covenantal curses still exist.

I want a very small, minimal state. But one that acts against grave evil as God commands.

Indeed.

I'd work with you over almost anyone here but seriously... do you realize the type of movement you're in?

What the Scotish Covenanters fought against was not a State church but ERASTIANISM. The puritans had the same issue. The Church of England was controlled by the State. THis was rightly seen as abominable by the Reformers. Many covenanters died in order to oppose erastianism.

I'm not really for a State sanctioned denomination, but the ridiculous confusion of covenanting and erastianism makes it almost tempting

Recon theonomy doesn't insist on a particular church denomination, but it DOES insist that the case laws of the OT be upheld. If that's "tyrannical" than so is God...

Where does God have a covenant with the government of the United States?

Homosexual sex should, if done with two witnesses or equivalent evidence, be punished by death.
    No it shouldn't. Homosexuals should be put out of the church, like Paul said. There is no Biblical warrant for what you are saying. It's embarrassing...I hope you grow out of this phase very soon.

Where does God have a covenant with the government of the United States?
    When I read the New Testament, God has a covenant with His people in the church. Where are the covenants with the governments of countries?

No it shouldn't. Homosexuals should be put out of the church, like Paul said. There is no Biblical warrant for what you are saying. It's embarrassing...I hope you grow out of this phase very soon.
    Its odd that you admit that every single state criminalized sodomy up until very recently and yet you think this era of Christians, this era that couldn't care less about what God says, is enough.

Leviticus 20:13 is plenty...

Do you? Including the fact that you'll likely live as much as 20 years less than most other men in America? What guarantee do you have that either your current or one of your past "partners" wasn't thinking like this?

If so, I don't think there is anything left to say, except for the fact that of the "gay" men I've encountered in my life, I've yet to meet one over the age of 50. Naturally that's anecdotal and some make it longer, but not many.

I don't assume all homosexuals are into anal.
    I don't either, and rectal buggery isn't the only method by which "homosexuals" hurt and ultimately kill themselves. But it's a pretty safe assumption that most of them have engaged in it at one point or another, and one violent session is enough to do some pretty substantial damage in a part of the body that was never meant to be pummeled in such a fashion.

This study should shed some further light on the so-called myth that sodomite marriage and tolerance actually reverses the incidence of disease among people who engage in this stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast