Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is Kim Davis a threat to Rand's senate seat?

is Kim Davis a threat to Rand's senate seat?

she is playing this to the hilt. she could have easily resigned if she did not want to do her job. this is different than a baker, who has the right to refuse business. but she is paid to follow the law. suppose a Muslim clerk somewhere refuses driver's licenses to women?

back to KY politics, what happens if Davis decides to be the Dem nominee for senate? or worse, switch parties and primary Rand? all the bible thumpers would back her.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    she is playing this to the hilt. she could have easily resigned if she did not want to do her job. this is different than a baker, who has the right to refuse business. but she is paid to follow the law. suppose a Muslim clerk somewhere refuses driver's licenses to women?

back to KY politics, what happens if Davis decides to be the Dem nominee for senate? or worse, switch parties and primary Rand? all the bible thumpers would back her.
    What media do have to suggest that Davis would run for office? Granted, I don't live in Kentucky but as a Christian, she is only doing what I would expect of any Christian put in her situation, ergo not something worthy of being rewarded with support.

Christians really shouldn't work in whore houses.

She can't be on the ballot twice.

Did you smoke some bad weed?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Christians really shouldn't work in whore houses.
    Actually a good point, I wouldn't seek a position in government myself for said reasons, but somebody has to get in there and help shut the place down, or else I would give up on voting.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    ...as a Christian, she is only doing what I would expect of any Christian put in her situation...
    I have to disagree. Jesus said in Matthew 7:1, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

maybe she hasn't even thought about it, maybe she has. but plenty of people have used things like this as an opportunity. there was a widow of a shooting victim who was elected to congress, there was Roy Moore in Alabama. there was Lester Maddox who went from restaurant owner to governor of Georgia.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How has she in any way failed to do her job?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    I have to disagree. Jesus said in Matthew 7:1, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
    Ah yes, the verse that destroys the rest of the bible for most liberals, and without fail they tend to forget much of the rest of the chapter, particularly what comes in verse 19 about how a tree that produces bad fruit is cut down. I have to return your disagreement, particularly when the entire bible considers sodomy an abomination and Jesus also stated "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." in Matthew 5:18, and likewise in Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Consult with Leviticus and the 7th commandment regarding The Law's stand on sodomites.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 09-03-2015 at 06:23 PM.

What media do have to suggest that Davis would run for office? Granted, I don't live in Kentucky but as a Christian, she is only doing what I would expect of any Christian put in her situation, ergo not something worthy of being rewarded with support.
    You mean, do whatever she can to hold onto that government paycheck, even if it means going to jail?

She is a Democrat.

Eta, nm I thought you were going with a guilt by association.

Kim Davis doesn't seem like the type to run for Senate. Her family owns the clerk's office.

If you get involved in local politics you'd know what I mean.

Besides, she would lose a lot of base support. The national Democrats would not back her. They wouldn't want her associated with them, IMO.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Ah yes, the verse that destroys the rest of the bible for most liberals, and without fail they tend to forget much of the rest of the chapter, particularly what comes in verse 19 about how a tree that produces bad fruit is cut down. I have to return your disagreement, particularly when the entire bible considers sodomy an abomination and Jesus also stated "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." in Matthew 5:18, and likewise in Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Consult with Leviticus and the 7th commandment regarding The Law's stand on sodomites.

With regard to the Levitical argument... I suggest that you consult the difference between positive law and divine law.

Never seen so many nut jobs adhere to some old book written by man. I just don't get it.

Kim Davis is not breaking the law, the U.S. Supreme Court broke the law. Anyhow, marriage shouldn't even be licensed. In this circumstance whether kim davis is "morally" right or not, shes legally correct.

the u.s. supreme court basically legislated illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Never seen so many nut jobs adhere to some old book written by man. I just don't get it.
    Lol, you do realize that both Ron and Rand Paul fit into that category, right? I applaud your ad hominem regardless.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    How has she in any way failed to do her job?
    her job is to issue marriage licenses, and as it stands now this includes same sex couples. she is a government employee. it is different if she owns a bakery or is a pastor. the Supreme Court was wrong, it should have been down state by state, but they ruled, and its over.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    You mean, do whatever she can to hold onto that government paycheck, even if it means going to jail?
    No, I mean refusing to violate the tenants of natural law by validating a sodomite relationship as a marriage. It would have been better had she simply resigned her position, but as a Christian, she has chosen to answer to a higher authority than 5 people parading around in Halloween costumes in the SCOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    She is a Democrat.

Eta, nm I thought you were going with a guilt by association.

Kim Davis doesn't seem like the type to run for Senate. Her family owns the clerk's office.

If you get involved in local politics you'd know what I mean.

Besides, she would lose a lot of base support. The national Democrats would not back her. They wouldn't want her associated with them, IMO.

she could not run as a Democrat, but I could see Trump, who has a feud with Rand, getting her to primary him. it would help Trump with the bible thumpers in Iowa, and pin rand down in a nasty primary.

her job is to issue marriage licenses, and as it stands now this includes same sex couples. she is a government employee. it is different if she owns a bakery or is a pastor. the Supreme Court was wrong, it should have been down state by state, but they ruled, and its over.
    its not over. now comes resistance. just like prohibition. that was the law of the land. No one paid attention to it and eventually it was overturned

How is it different? Businesses with licenses put themselves under government domain. Pastor that accept a 501c tax benefit put themselves under government domain.

Don't want the Devil in your house don't invite him across the doorstep. Or cross over to his domain.

she could not run as a Democrat, but I could see Trump, who has a feud with Rand, getting her to primary him. it would help Trump with the bible thumpers in Iowa, and pin rand down in a nasty primary.
    It's a possibility, but not a likely one, though I'm sure some pro-Trump/anti-Rand people on here would love to see it happen.

For me it isn't about adhering to some old book but rather respecting and protecting others RIGHT to adhere to some old book. That and local control above federal control.

You do realize that books are what help keep society from collapsing by allowing for a continued record of human history and the opportunity to learn from the past, right? Instead of knocking books, maybe you might want to try reading a couple?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    her job is to issue marriage licenses, and as it stands now this includes same sex couples.
    Has the state of Kentucky passed any legislation saying that?

it should have been down state by state, but they ruled, and its over.
    Who ruled? The Supreme Court? How does that make it over? Nobody has to agree with them.

You do realize that books are what help keep society from collapsing by allowing for a continued record of human history and the opportunity to learn from the past, right? Instead of knocking books, maybe you might want to try reading a couple?
    You do realize these old books are the reasons people all over the world are killing each other right? Jews, Muslims, Christians. All three religions, their books and their fanatic followers are the reason there is so much chaos in the world and they all blame each other's books for it. When in reality, all 3 are closely tied together. Ironically, all 3 claim to be "peaceful" religions and religions of tolerance.

It's the law of the land. Love it or leave it don'tcha know. Feds law. State law. Blargh. Blargh. Blargh. It's like arguing over who's $#@! tastes better.

there was just recently an HBO mini-series, Show me a hero, about Yonkers city council trying to fight a federal judge. it can't be done. but the one councilman who held out the longest was the next mayor.

same sex marriage should be a state issue, all marriage should be a state issue. but it is not, the feds took it over. 20 years from now KY would pass it. its a shame the feds did not stay out.

Trump was just on TV, and his anger at Rand showed. don't be surprised if he causes some mischief

What book do you adhere to? And who wrote it?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    You do realize these old books are the reasons people all over the world are killing each other right? Jews, Muslims, Christians. All three religions, their books and their fanatic followers are the reason there is so much chaos in the world and they all blame each other's books for it. When in reality, all 3 are closely tied together. Ironically, all 3 claim to be "peaceful" religions and religions of tolerance.
    Source?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast