Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monmouth Poll: Trump 30, Carson 18, Cruz 8, Bush 8, Paul 2

Monmouth Poll: Trump 30, Carson 18, Cruz 8, Bush 8, Paul 2

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ugly for Bush.. wow.. after they adjust the numbers for demographics Rand could be beating him.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The internals should scare the crap out of the establishment.

Let's not get TOO excited, guys. Remember that John McCain and Rick Santorum were DOA until mid-December 2007 and late December 2011, respectively.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

This just shows that these polls mean nothing right now. Rubio's at 5% and is considered a front-runner.

Head to head Carson beats trump by nearly 20 points is what I like.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Head to head Carson beats trump by nearly 20 points is what I like.
    Sure, if that makes you feel better.

I have to admit Trump's numbers look good. We can assume 50% of Carson's support goes to Trump easily as second choice and 90% of the support for Cruz would go to Trump if he drops out. Trump is possibly looking at nearly 50% support.

Unfortunately for many us Rand ain't his dad. And his support is fading fast whether we want to admit it or not.

God I miss Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlasoon View Post

I have to admit Trump's numbers look good. We can assume 50% of Carson's support goes to Trump easily as second choice and 90% of the support for Cruz would go to Trump if he drops out. Trump is possibly looking at nearly 50% support.

Unfortunately for many us Rand ain't his dad. And his support is fading fast whether we want to admit it or not. God I miss Ron.
    It is in the poll. Carson is the only other candidate that beats Trump and he beats him BAD. Trump only gets 36% when matched against Carson. Ron tried three different times his way and lost badly every time. Rand was trying a different approach and at this time it appears to be less effective than Ron last attempt. It is what it is.
    Last edited by klamath; 09-03-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Unfortunately for many us Rand ain't his dad. And his support is fading fast whether we want to admit it or not.
    Actually, I think his numbers are going to head up. It's way too early to throw in the towel.

God I miss Ron.
    I don't. Rand is much better at this than Ron ever was. Rand just needs some interviews and to do really well in the next debate.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 09-03-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

I don't. Rand is much better at this than Ron ever was. Rand just needs some interviews and to do really well in the next debate.
    I do, but I think Rand is doing a damn fine job.

It is in the poll. Carson is the only other candidate the beats Trump and he beats him BAD. Trump only get 36% when matched against Carson. Ron tried three different times his way and lost badly every time. Rand was trying a different approach and at this time it appears to be less effective than Ron last attempt. It is what it is.
    It was a very small sample size giving the poll a high margin of error built into it, plus it is only Republican voters. Trump's support comes from Republicans, Independents, and even some Democrats as well as those that have never even voted before. Carson does not have the broad base support Trump has, he has strictly Republican support for the most part. Rand also has more support than this poll shows when you factor in Independents and Democrats. This poll doesn't mean a whole lot and can pretty much be discarded given the low sample size.

Actually, I think his numbers are going to head up. It's way too early to throw in the towel.

You don't miss Ron Paul? Really? Wow, just wow!

I sure miss him!

God I miss Ron.
    Rand sure isn't his dad and that is very unfortunate for those that are only supporting him because they liked his dad. I didn't agree with everything Ron said, but he was hands down the best choice and still is for president of the USA. I know he endorsed his son, but what Father wouldn't endorse his son?

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Let's not get TOO excited, guys. Remember that John McCain and Rick Santorum were DOA until mid-December 2007 and late December 2011, respectively.
    And Scott Walker was the front runner back in April. Now only at 3%. He's done. This is the thing guys and girls. You DO NOT want your candidate to be the front runner at this stage in the game. No one holds on to such lead EVER. Trump will fall. Carson will fall. The next front runner please stand up. The sheep and cattle will follow.

The race is always fluid even up until the last few weeks before Iowa/NH.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    It was a very small sample size giving the poll a high margin of error built into it, plus it is only Republican voters. Trump's support comes from Republicans, Independents, and even some Democrats as well as those that have never even voted before. Carson does not have the broad base support Trump has, he has strictly Republican support for the most part. Rand also has more support than this poll shows when you factor in Independents and Democrats. This poll doesn't mean a whole lot and can pretty much be discarded given the low sample size.
    And where does it show that when matched up against Carson they pulled out all the Is and Ds supporting Trump?

And where does it show that when matched up against Carson they pulled out all the Is and Ds supporting Trump?
    The poll is mostly Republican voters and those that lean Republican, no Democrats were in this survey at all, and I doubt many independents were either.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The poll is mostly Republican voters and those that lean Republican, no Democrats were in this survey at all, and I doubt many independents were either.
    Ok. Then it is what I thought. You pulled it out of your ass. And you know what Mostly republicans vote in REPUBLICAN primaries. More idiocy of Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    And Scott Walker was the front runner back in April. Now only at 3%. He's done. This is the thing guys and girls. You DO NOT want your candidate to be the front runner at this stage in the game. No one holds on to such lead EVER. Trump will fall. Carson will fall. The next front runner please stand up. The sheep and cattle will follow.

The race is always fluid even up until the last few weeks before Iowa/NH.
    True enough, but my point was that we shouldn't get too excited about the alleged demise of Jeb! just yet. Who knows?

Remember my McCain and Santorum comparisons. Their campaigns were all but over, but then just before Iowa, the media suddenly say they're "surging." WATCH OUT for the possibility of a Jeb! or Rubio "comeback" or "surge."
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Ok. Then it is what I thought. You pulled it out of your ass.
    What a nasty attitude you have. You're the one here being an ass, if you want to talk about that. There are other sources of information about Carson's support that aren't this poll.

Ok. Then it is what I thought. You pulled it out of your ass. And you know what Mostly republicans vote in REPUBLICAN primaries. More idiocy of Trump supporters.
    You are forgetting about the 50% of the country that usually doesn't vote in elections that very well could come out to vote because they like Trump. It would be a mistake to assume only previous Republican voters are going to decide the Republican primaries this year.

You are forgetting about the 50% of the country that usually doesn't vote in elections that very well could come out to vote because they like Trump. It would be a mistake to assume only previous Republican voters are going to decide the Republican primaries this year.
    Yeaw yeaw Yeaw where did I hear all this before.... Show me the numbers of mass voter registration for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    What a nasty attitude you have. You're the one here being an ass, if you want to talk about that. There are other sources of information about Carson's support that aren't this poll.
    Yeaw really. Post it. You are always an ass so and you like an ass for president.

You don't miss Ron Paul? Really? Wow, just wow!

I sure miss him!
    Why would I miss him? I watch his videos that come out fairly often. If you're saying you wish he were running instead of Rand, I don't.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Why would I miss him? I watch his videos that come out fairly often. If you're saying you wish he were running instead of Rand, I don't.
    I agree. The primary faction of Rand detractors from Ron Paul's based are almost like idolaters who refuse to get jazzed up unless it's their idol. It seems less about the message and more about the person, which I think is still a lingering problem with the liberty movement and why we still have a ways to go in becoming a truly viable force.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    True enough, but my point was that we shouldn't get too excited about the alleged demise of Jeb! just yet. Who knows?

Remember my McCain and Santorum comparisons. Their campaigns were all but over, but then just before Iowa, the media suddenly say they're "surging." WATCH OUT for the possibility of a Jeb! or Rubio "comeback" or "surge."
    Correct, the sheep will follow the media template for sure. Watch out for a Carly surge from now until December too.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Correct, the sheep will follow the media template for sure. Watch out for a Carly surge from now until December too.
    I think they will push whomever they need to, to push Rand out of debates. That's almost gotta be their goal right now.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I agree. The primary faction of Rand detractors from Ron Paul's based are almost like idolaters who refuse to get jazzed up unless it's their idol. It seems less about the message and more about the person, which I think is still a lingering problem with the liberty movement and why we still have a ways to go in becoming a truly viable force.
    The problem is that there are very few liberty people out there with a chance to win.

I love Justin Amash, but he can come off as whiny sometimes. Anyone remember his victory speech in Grand Rapids when he called out Pete Hoekstra and Brian Ellis? It could have been one of the most badass callouts ever, but it came off as petulant and nerdy.

I know Thomas Massie has NO higher aspirations, except for MAYBE the Senate.

There are no liberty-minded governors out there.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

I think they will push whomever they need to, to push Rand out of debates. That's almost gotta be their goal right now.
    They failed this time around, and I hope Rand continues to be forceful on Trump and also starts to distance himself from the others, particularly Jeb and Rubio. We need some of these nobody candidates to start dropping out of the race soon, particularly the ones that haven't been making the 1st tier debates. I'm tired of seeing Santorum's and Graham's ugly mugs on TV.

The problem is that there are very few liberty people out there with a chance to win.

I love Justin Amash, but he can come off as whiny sometimes. Anyone remember his victory speech in Grand Rapids when he called out Pete Hoekstra and Brian Ellis? It could have been one of the most badass callouts ever, but it came off as petulant and nerdy.

I know Thomas Massie has NO higher aspirations, except for MAYBE the Senate.

There are no liberty-minded governors out there.
    Exactly, I think to some extent too many people are too busy thinking they can run Rand Paul's presidential campaign and not enough people actually going out there and trying to run for public office to get their foot in the door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast