Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add "Do not buy lunch for cops" to the "Do not.." list

Add "Do not buy lunch for cops" to the "Do not.." list

Do not call cops. Do not talk to cops. Do not buy lunch for cops.

LT. GOVERNOR DAN PATRICK STATEMENT ON VIOLENCE AGAINST LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

AUSTIN – As more details of the tragic death of Harris County Sheriff Deputy Darren Goforth unfold, a morbid reality is unveiled about America’s negative attitude toward our law enforcement officers. It must end now or we run the risk of fewer men and women willing to go into the profession and families insisting their spouses change careers.

Police officers are judged 24/7, 365 days a year for their entire career. One mistake can get them sued, fired or killed. I want to remind Texans and the rest of our country that these brave souls are the thin line between a country of law and order and a society of total lawlessness where no one is safe.

I challenge all Texans to think about how underappreciated our officers must feel, how dangerous their jobs are, how they leave their families everyday not knowing if they are coming home and more importantly, if there is anything you can do to help make their job a little easier.

Join me in changing this negative attitude toward those that protect us, by practicing the following:

Start calling our officers sir and ma’am all of the time. It’s a show of respect they deserve.

Every time you see an officer anywhere, let them know you appreciate their service to our community and you stand with them.

If you are financially able, when you see them in a restaurant on duty pick up their lunch check, send over a dessert, or simply stop by their table briefly and say thank you for their service.

Put their charities on your giving list.

If your local law enforcement has volunteer-citizen job opportunities, sign up.

Join me in a special prayer service to honor our fallen law enforcement heroes on Wednesday, September 2nd at the First Baptist Church of Conroe, 600 N Main St. Conroe, TX 77301 at 5:15pm.

All lives matter and we need to put an end to this violence against law enforcement – now!
    https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/2015/0...ment-officers/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you are financially able, when you see them in a restaurant on duty pick up their lunch check

These tax tick mother $#@!ers that steal their inflated wages from the working class expect to be bought lunch?

I'd wipe my ass with their doughnut first.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

these brave souls are the thin line between a country of law and order and a society of total lawlessness where no one is safe.
    Give me messy freedom, shove your safety up your ass!

Funny how you are supposed to respect them, but they curse people out all the time, even cooperative people who have been stopped for minor things. That may intimidate law-abiding people, but may just escalate things with others (it's really a sign of weakness to try and dominate people with f-bombs and threats).

Start calling our officers sir and ma’am all of the time. It’s a show of respect they deserve.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-03-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Funny how you are supposed to respect them, but they curse people out all the time, even cooperative people who have been stopped for minor things.
    you seemed to misunderstand the Massa/nigga relationship

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I am fairly confident that it is already on there.

I don't think the Lt. Governor should say the part about buying them lunch. Couldn't that be considered a form of bribery? Kind of blurs what's left of the integrity line, doesn't it?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I don't think the Lt. Governor should say the part about buying them lunch. Couldn't that be considered a form of bribery? Kind of blurs what's left of the integrity line, doesn't it?
    No, not really. How much bribery is there in stepping up to offer to pay an officer's lunch, while you are standing in line at Taco Bell? lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LT. GOVERNOR DAN PATRICK STATEMENT ON VIOLENCE AGAINST LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

If you see an officer in public, immediately walk up to them and offer them oral pleasure, gratis. If they accept your offer; immediately get on your knees.
    no, thanks Mr. Patrick.

Join me in changing this negative attitude toward those that protect us, by practicing the following:

Every time you see an officer anywhere, let them know you appreciate their service to our community and you stand with them.

If you are financially able, when you see them in a restaurant on duty pick up their lunch check, send over a dessert, or simply stop by their table briefly and say thank you for their service.

Put their charities on your giving list.

What? No averting of one's eyes? No tugging of one's forelock? I am disappoint!

(Though I guess "sir" and "ma'am" will do as just-barely-adequate substitutes for "m'lud" and "milady" ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

This is freaking stupid. Cops are people doing a job, nothing more. They don't deserve any glorious fanfare or free $#@!. Let police work the 5-10% psycho dreg criminals and go about your day.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    These tax tick mother $#@!ers that steal their inflated wages from the working class expect to be bought lunch?

I'd wipe my ass with their doughnut first.
    Sounds kinda sticky.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    What? No averting of one's eyes? No tugging of one's forelock? I am disappoint!

(Though I guess "sir" and "ma'am" will do as just-barely-adequate substitutes for "m'lud" and "milady" ...)
    You most certainly may NOT look your betters in the eye.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t-with-me-quot

Now, move along, maggot.

Politicians demand you thank the people that enforce their laws. What a shock....
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I...

just.

SMDH

This is repugnant.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    This is repugnant.
    You got a problem, maggot?

This is AmeriKa, is what this is.

Now, move the $#@! along.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do not call cops. Do not talk to cops. Do not buy lunch for cops.
    From this introduction, I thought you were building up to a story where someone bought a cop lunch and then got tazered and his face kicked in for forgetting the mustard.

...we run the risk of fewer men and women willing to go into the profession and families insisting their spouses change careers.

The good cops will now be more likely to quit, and we will be stuck with a situation that keeps getting worse.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

This is a good suggestion. I have a friend who is a busy copblock activist who says he is very close to getting kicked out of his volunteer job.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    From this introduction, I thought you were building up to a story where someone bought a cop lunch and then got tazered and his face kicked in for forgetting the mustard.
    That is exactly what I thought, too!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    No, not really. How much bribery is there in stepping up to offer to pay an officer's lunch, while you are standing in line at Taco Bell? lol
    There's a lot of bribery there.

That's bound to happen if too many people take the Lt. Gov's advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

At the rate things are going, this will probably be an actual news story within the next 12 months.

I'd say how I think it would *likely* go, but I don't want to give The State any ideas they haven't come up with already.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already buy them lunch, and a whole lot of other things.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Oh yippee, another cop hating thread, I love these as much the white guilt one's. Well, sorry fella, but I had lunch with a friend yesterday and he's a cop and it was his birthday so I bought his lunch, sorry to have failed all your righteous people yet again, I do count myself as lucky tho that he didn't whip out his gun and shoot me, or beat me to a pulp, because I know that's what they do day in and day out, just like how Muslims are gonna kill us all and SWM oppress the world. I swear you guys are no different than any NeoCon or Marxist, always got your boogeyman.

Quote Originally Posted by HankRicther12 View Post
    Oh yippee, another cop hating thread, I love these as much the white guilt one's. Well, sorry fella, but I had lunch with a friend yesterday and he's a cop and it was his birthday so I bought his lunch, sorry to have failed all your righteous people yet again, I do count myself as lucky tho that he didn't whip out his gun and shoot me, or beat me to a pulp, because I know that's what they do day in and day out, just like how Muslims are gonna kill us all and SWM oppress the world. I swear you guys are no different than any NeoCon or Marxist, always got your boogeyman.
    Good for you.

What do you want, a medal?

I'm truly sorry you don't understand what's going on here, but I'm not going to explain it again for the millionth time, just to be ignored a million and one times.

Quote Originally Posted by HankRicther12 View Post
    Buying him lunch was really sweet of you. You seem like a really sweet kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Buying him lunch was really sweet of you. You seem like a really sweet kinda guy.
    I thought the same thing...what a swell fella, amirite?

I'm not buying a cop, $#@!. I would probably get shot before I went over to shake their hand and tell them to enjoy their lunch. But, I am guilty of buying lunch for a couple of people who looked down on their luck, in a restaurant. An older guy with a handicapped child. I picked up their tab, and they never knew who did it. I felt like a million dollars when I left that restaurant. I felt blessed for possibly making their day.

Three weeks ago, I went through the McDonald's line with my daughter. When we got to the cashier, she said someone had already paid for our breakfast. Those things are awfully special. I love the fact that people do things so generous, without being prodded or forced to do.... like income tax or jail.

There is so much goodness in the American spirit.. so much heart, so much generosity. But I will not give to those trained to shoot my dog and ask questions later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast