Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arby's worker sends kop packin'

Arby's worker sends kop packin'

Fast Food Worker Refuses to Serve Cop

http://serzy.com/fast-food-worker-refuses-to-serve-cop/

A worker at an Arby’s fast food restaurant in Pembroke Pines, Florida recently refused to serve a police officer.

Officials said the reason the officer was refused serve was because of his affiliation with the police department.
    In recent years animosity toward law enforcement has increased due in large part to police violence against citizens and the protests response to perceived police violence in Ferguson, Missouri, Baltimore, Maryland and elsewhere around the country.
    “I am offended and appalled that an individual within our community would treat a police officer in such a manner. It is unacceptable, and I will be contacting the Arby’s CEO to demand an apology,” Chief Dan Giustino, with the Pembroke Pines Police Department, said in a statement.
    With the exception of race, and more recently sexual orientation, it is not illegal for a business or its employees to deny service to individuals.
    A few states, however, have expanded the perceived discrimination of denying service. In California, it is illegal for a business owner to discriminate based on unconventional dress.
    In 2013 a gay couple in Massachusetts filed a discrimination suit against a Colorado bakery for refusing to bake a cake for their wedding. The complaint was filed by the ACLU in Colorado.
    Prior to this, a Washington florist was sued for refusing to supply flowers for a same-sex wedding.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unless this is Arbys policy, and it isn't, the worker should be fired.

Huh! That Arby's worker is an idiot. Just wait, one day he will realize he's not wearing a seat belt. And just who do you think he's going to call when he needs a citation for a seat belt violation? A hippie? No! The police of course!

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    They have the right to do that of course but still... the police... ugh...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

How about letting Arby's make that call?

I wouldn't let a valuable employee go just to get a few extra sales to cops.

Plus maybe they will get more customers if the customers know cops aren't welcome. I know I would be more likely to go to a place like that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How about letting Arby's make that call?
    I wasn't aware I was stopping them.

I hope the employee isn't fired but yes its their decision. I'd be tempted to adopt this policy but business wise its not going to go over well.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

There's got to be a better way to do this. I really don't see anyway this would not end up backfiring on them. Just refusing order to a police man that did nothing to you? society in general won't let such transgressions fly. Good luck to them, I hope the restaurant doesn't shutter in 6 months because of community boycott.

I've got to say this about arby's, nothing would prevent me from going to arby's for their loaded Italian, even if Trump owned the damn place. That is one heck of a sandwich. Their Gyros are also good too

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Waiting for the part of the story where we find out the cops expected free food.....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

offended and appalled
    Lol, the cops are just as big of whiners is ***** are.
    "The Patriarch"

The best way to protest the cops is to stop calling them.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

I don't care. I really don't. If I was refused service I would just go somewhere else and laugh about it

Should have just spit in his drink and no one would be the wiser.

"Double Bacco cheeseburger, it's for a cop."
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnioUMsTWwTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Should have just spit in his drink and no one would be the wiser.

"Double Bacco cheeseburger, it's for a cop."
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnioUMsTWwTube.
    Haha...exactly what I thought. I don't know how cops eat out anyway. If I was one, I wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Haha...exactly what I thought. I don't know how cops eat out anyway. If I was one, I wouldn't do it.
    I'm always a little leary even though I'm a mundane. I try to be as polite and friendly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There's got to be a better way to do this. I really don't see anyway this would not end up backfiring on them. Just refusing order to a police man that did nothing to you? society in general won't let such transgressions fly. Good luck to them, I hope the restaurant doesn't shutter in 6 months because of community boycott.
    Depends on the community and the business. Several coffee shops in Oregon have refused service to police. The cops expected free coffee at one so the owner gave them the boot. Now he, his shop and employees are under constant surveillance.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    I'd fire one of my employees for refusing to help anyone, unless they were incredibly rude.

Best career move he has probably made.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Depends on the community and the business. Several coffee shops in Oregon have refused service to police. The cops expected free coffee at one so the owner gave them the boot. Now he, his shop and employees are under constant surveillance.
    But, but, but, only *criminals* put pressure on store owners to give them free items/ money in exchange for "protection" and under real or implied threats!

Why would you want to be one?

(Well, I guess if the Bible doesn't have a blue print for government you can't be TOO opposed to this one really )

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lol, the cops are just as big of whiners is ***** are.
    What if the cop was gay ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Best career move he has probably made.
    Yep.

Crossed my mind as well.You would think they could find some place friendly where they knew someone and avoid strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I don't care. I really don't. If I was refused service I would just go somewhere else and laugh about it
    Same here , if nobody wants my cash , does not bother me.I may just keep it , go home fire up the grill , or invest it in beer.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Manager fired, employee suspended after dust-up with officer at Arby's

Arby’s has fired the manager and indefinitely suspended a clerk two days after a Pembroke Pines police officer said she was denied service at the restaurant because she was a cop.

The dismissal of Angel Mirabal, 22, and suspension of Kenneth Davenport, 19, were confirmed Thursday evening by Arby’s spokesman Jason Rollins in an email.
    After finding himself so busy with other customers than he could not complete Martin’s transaction, Davenport said he asked Mirabal for help. That’s when Mirabal made his remark, Davenport said.

Earlier Thursday Davenport’s grandfather said the teen is “overwhelmed by all the attention” the incident has generated.

Thomas McCutcheon said he would request a meeting with police in an effort to defuse the controversy that ballooned into a firestorm on social media after Police Chief Dan Giustino issued a news release and demanded an apology from Arby’s corporate executives that was quickly offered.

“I would love to speak to Ms. Martin and her supervisor,” said McCutcheon.

“His life is just starting, and a black mark against him is not going to help,” said McCutcheon, 70, of Miramar. “He is a shy kid.”
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...902-story.html

i dunno...i think i would feed these guys. Get'em fatter. Maybe extra bacon and cheese to speed up the fat in the arterial walls...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i dunno...i think i would feed these guys. Get'em fatter. Maybe extra bacon and cheese to speed up the fat in the arterial walls...
    Unless someone has weird genes, eating fat alone won't clog arteries. Inflammation of tissue does. (this happens a number of ways I don't have time to get into nao)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Unless someone has weird genes, eating fat alone won't clog arteries. Inflammation of tissue does. (this happens a number of ways I don't have time to get into nao)
    hmmm...interesting...will look further into that. Until then, i did find this..

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Gettin...10_Article.jsp

It is too bad that someone released the names of the two employees. This was not a criminal or grievous act to warrant making their names public. No one cares about the identities of people that work McNothing jobs. Unless, of course, you want these two people to continue to pay for this to the end of time. The local cops will never forget and will dump on them if given a chance.

Would a manager get fired and an employee get fired if I was refused service because they didn't like my employer?

I doubt it.

screw the cops nice move. Go get a better job now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast