Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul releases innovative app to boost campaign.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rand Paul releases innovative app to boost campaign.

https://www.randpaul.com/news/rand-p...through-an-app

You can take selfies with Rand, play games that incorporate Rand's logo, have special messages from Rand, etc. Looks awesome. Download from the app store by searching for Rand Paul 2016.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    How do you play the game?
    It's an "easter egg" game so you have to hit the right button or something like that. It is hidden and has to be found. Sounds pretty sweet though!

I downloaded on iTunes today but have yet to look at it. Will tonight after work.

This was posted on FB so don't forget to share with your FB friends who are friendly to Rand.

Also share his page with your FB friends who like Rand.
    Last edited by Liberty74; 09-02-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

NYT: Rand Paul Campaign Makes Pixelated Pitch, Through an App

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...hrough-an-app/

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky often says that he campaigns where “other Republicans aren’t,” like Detroit, Alaska, and, well, on a smartphone.

The Paul campaign is releasing a smartphone app on Wednesday through the Apple and Android stores, one of the few official campaign apps of 2016 aside from one from Senator Ted Cruz of Texas. It tries to offer a blend of digital mischief and communication that has come to be a hallmark of Mr. Paul’s online campaign.

In addition to offering calendar events, campaign news and a featured video, the app lets users post their own Rand Paul memes or create an artificial selfie with the senator to share on social media. And if they know where to tap, they can find an “Easter egg” hidden game, a version of the 1978 arcade classic “Space Invaders” that features Mr. Paul’s torch logo shooting rockets at other campaigns’ logos, blasting Donald J. Trump’s “Make America Great Again” and Jeb Bush’s “Jeb!” into pixelated embers.

A common criticism of campaign apps is that they speak only to the converted; there’s no point in persuading a user who’s willing to download an app.

But there is use in reaching out to that base. Mr. Paul’s app will send push alerts when the senator is hosting an event in the area, and notify users when he is about to vote on a bill in the Senate, asking his followers how they think he should vote.

“You have a reason to download it because you can influence what happens,” said Ron Schnell, the chief technology officer of the Paul campaign and architect of the app. “It’s not just to find out about the candidate you support, it’s about letting the candidate know what you think.”

The first piece of content a user sees when beginning to scroll in the app, however, is not a game or news, but rather an option to donate.

And should a Trump or Bush logo blow up the user-controlled Paul liberty torch in the app’s hidden game, the user is chided: “You have not defeated your inferiors! Assuage your guilt by making a donation to the campaign!”
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-02-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

This app is garnering a lot of interest. This is a big deal and you guys should share it. This is something that people would rather do than just to look up records, votes, etc. This could be a great gateway to people learning about Rand.
    Last edited by kbs021; 09-02-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Damn... requires iOS 8.0 or later..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Of course people are going to troll.. But they signed up for the app.. Besides the trolling, this app does many good things. It has donation options, makes it easy to hear from Rand consistently amidst media blackouts, etc. This app is good.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Of course people are going to troll.. But they signed up for the app.. Besides the trolling, this app does many good things. It has donation options, makes it easy to hear from Rand consistently amidst media blackouts, etc. This app is good.
    lol the media claims its a troll, I call it an internet hug.

Good marketing. No matter how it is used. It brings his name into different spheres of influence.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

If we can get people directed to download the app, it's probably just as good as getting the campaign their email. I would be promoting this everywhere. Rand's digital team continues to impress me. An app might not seem like much, but he is literally the only candidate doing this kind of stuff along with snapchat.

Testing the app. It's legit. You can't share the app from the app though. You can share it to other social media through the app store.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Got it for droid.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Got it for droid.
    OK - alot of android 4.4 KitKat still around - even some new cheap tablets. I'll download when I get to campus WiFi connection.

Now if we can only get an app that has Rand punching on Fox's Chris Wallace or bombards him with snowballs . . .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    OK - alot of android 4.4 KitKat still around - even some new cheap tablets. I'll download when I get to campus WiFi connection.

Now if we can only get an app that has Rand punching on Fox's Chris Wallace or bombards him with snowballs . . .
    Wow, I know it would probably be hard to create, but what about a Rand Paul punch out game in the mold of Mike Tyson's punch out? There's definitely enough candidates to fill out the game. Damn this would be more popular than the Pac Man idea and be cool as hell.

I wish someone would make an app like this for Mac and Me

Still cant find that darn game, anyone know where to click?

Anybody found the Easter Egg yet? I've looked all over but nothing so far...
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    Still cant find that darn game, anyone know where to click?
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    Anybody found the Easter Egg yet? I've looked all over but nothing so far...
    SPOILER HERE
    the rEVOLution begins!

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    Oh my god, that....was totally worth it. It could use some work but I laughed. Get the app
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

make sure after you download it that you rate it and leave a good message!

This should give him a bump in the polls

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great idea. It's funny, we were just talking about an app in the money bomb thread a couple weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Has there ever been a moneybomb app? It would tell the users to HOLD, HOLD, then ring the bell to CHARGE when the moneybomb is on. Then there would be a secure gateway to donate, and during the moneybomb, it will plot the progress. I might be able to build an android one, at the very least, I can build the backend data server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    An app would be pretty cool. A benefit of an app is that like with email you can communicate with people directly, rather than hoping that your Facebook or Twitter posts show up in their feed and get seen. It could be another way to tell them when the moneybomb starts and then give info about the next one.

Something like that would be great to release through the campaign's website, it would get more exposure and they could add more fun campaign features... maybe some Rand sound bytes, his Twitter feed, a "Rand Tracker" that shows his campaign path and stops on a map of the US, animating the torch that's in his logo and making it full screen so that people could hold up their phones and display a lit torch.

Encourage people to download it his rallies and on campus, and then have the app send out notifications later.
    I just downloaded it and it's a lot like what I had in mind.

If they send push notifications for the money bomb, and maybe add the ticker on there it would be really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    If they send push notifications for the money bomb, and maybe add the ticker on there it would be really great.
    Will pass this along to the official campaign. Anything else you guys see that should be added?
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-02-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Will pass this along to the official campaign. Anything else you guys see that should be added?
    Rand Paul's Flat Tax Calculator, shows you how much you are saving with his tax plan.
    Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 09-03-2015 at 07:26 AM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    How about a pac man game. Like have Rand's picture as pac man and the dots being pictures of the other candidates. Pac Man was once the most popular game to play and is way more classic and a game that more people would be willing to play even if they may not like Rand at the moment. Maybe add links to some of those inspirational videos. It'll get those that are on board fired up while hopefully getting more people on board through educating them and showing them just how much young people/people in general support Rand. This would have been great for Ron, and would have probably went much more viral since more people were fired up.

Submit these articles to the Blaze(at the very bottom of the page) so they will get a story up on it. Mention the hidden game and other fun things so they will be more likely to put it up.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast