Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CNN changes debate criteria, clearing path for Fiorina

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I have noticed, although Greta did have Rand on tonight. But FOX in general, is promoting Christie with everything they've got, in order to dump Rand.
    I have also noted the big Christie push the past week. Behind Trump, Jeb and Carly talk of course.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I have also noted the big Christie push the past week. Behind Trump, Jeb and Carly talk of course.
    I'd love to see some internal campaign polling, not Frank Luntz horse$#@! polls. I'd bet Rand did very, very well after the first debate even with his last-in-total-speaking-time. Media has been in non-stop anti-Rand mode ever since, with the goal of getting him off the main CNN debate stage.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I have noticed this as well. Seems like all the networks are giving him air time. It's sad when "air time" and not policy positions is what causes a candidate to rise or fall in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    I have noticed this as well. Seems like all the networks are giving him air time. It's sad when "air time" and not policy positions is what causes a candidate to rise or fall in the polls.
    Part of it is they'd like for him to bump Rand from debates. But I think mostly this is them scared to death of Rand being perceived as having a powerful enough intellect, and enough principle, to knock someone out of the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thing is the pollsters can simply use certain demographics to make it appear Rand is dropping in the polls while bumping Christie up a notch along with Fiorina for that matter which the MSM helps them with this illusion by giving him/her enough air time which will make people believe it and they're all covered. I'm sorry, but there's just no way in hell that Rand is polling 1%. While he may not have ALL of his father's supporters at the moment the ones he does have are hardcore and no other candidate fits the mold for them to support. Hell I'd even say those that are not on fire for Rand like they were Ron, if called would still select Rand. I'm sure many can recall how the pollsters used manipulation tactics to keep Ron down in the polls. I'd say the pollsters are also using these tactics as well, not just the demographic trick. Tactics that included people selecting Ron's number to vote for and getting asked again to make a selection, so they pick Ron again and it hangs up. Also people selecting Ron and when they did it said thank you for selecting so and so, which was another candidate and hung up. I don't think people realize or have forgotten just how much the pollsters and MSM used every trick in the book to make it appear that Ron couldn't win or was unelectable. The same no doubt it being done to Rand, yet many people don't wanna believe it.

The thing is the pollsters can simply use certain demographics to make it appear Rand is dropping in the polls while bumping Christie up a notch along with Fiorina for that matter which the MSM helps them with this illusion by giving him/her enough air time which will make people believe it and they're all covered. I'm sorry, but there's just no way in hell that Rand is polling 1%. While he may not have ALL of his father's supporters at the moment the ones he does have are hardcore and no other candidate fits the mold for them to support. Hell I'd even say those that are not on fire for Rand like they were Ron, if called would still select Rand. I'm sure many can recall how the pollsters used manipulation tactics to keep Ron down in the polls. I'd say the pollsters are also using these tactics as well, not just the demographic trick. Tactics that included people selecting Ron's number to vote for and getting asked again to make a selection, so they pick Ron again and it hangs up. Also people selecting Ron and when they did it said thank you for selecting so and so, which was another candidate and hung up. I don't think people realize or have forgotten just how much the pollsters and MSM used every trick in the book to make it appear that Ron couldn't win or was unelectable. The same no doubt it being done to Rand, yet many people don't wanna believe it.
    Oh believe me, I'm sure that there is extremely dishonest manipulation of polls going on, that's part of how the concept works. If you can convince people that everybody supports somebody, the average lemming/voter will fall in line without even questioning the logic behind it. Trump's entire ascendancy is based on an abject ignorance of the general public and a combined adoration/worship of celebrity status. These are at the heart of what public polling is about, shaping opinion, as opposed to actually measuring it.

Whelp, just heard The Donald whining on Fox News that Rand Paul will be in the CNN debate, so that all but puts to rest the rumors that he is getting bumped out, but sadly also that one of the other dumbbells like Christie will still be in given that they are allowing for 11 people. I guess the big New York tycoon was a little sore that Rand embarrassed him in the last debate and all but helped force him to sign that loyalty pledge.

Even if Rand doesn't win the nomination, I hope he continues being a thorn in the side of this petty tyrant, and particularly goes after him on that Kelo decision and the woman who almost lost her home on his account.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 09-03-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Whelp, just heard The Donald whining on Fox News that Rand Paul will be in the CNN debate, so that all but puts to rest the rumors that he is getting bumped out, but sadly also that one of the other dumbbells like Christie will still be in given that they are allowing for 11 people. I guess the big New York tycoon was a little sore that Rand embarrassed him in the last debate and all but helped force him to sign that loyalty pledge.

Even if Rand doesn't win the nomination, I hope he continues being a thorn in the side of this petty tyrant, and particularly goes after him on that Kelo decision and the woman who lost her home on his account.
    Rand is getting a lot of play on Twitter. Some of it good, some bad. His insult of Dick Cheney's foreign policy experience is great.

Trump's supporters are on the defensive because Rand continues to fire shots and they don't want to be part of the "dumb" crowd. Eventually they will move away from the moron.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Rand is getting a lot of play on Twitter. Some of it good, some bad. His insult of Dick Cheney's foreign policy experience is great.

Trump's supporters are on the defensive because Rand continues to fire shots and they don't want to be part of the "dumb" crowd. Eventually they will move away from the moron.
    Unlike some others posting on this forum, I think the primary reason why Rand's numbers went down was due to a lack of media appearances, and that is changing now with his recent rounds on Fox and NBC. During the run-up to the next debate I think Rand will get more play in the news cycle and his numbers will start to gradually creep back up.

Oh, and the reason why Trump is scared of Rand is because unlike Bush, Rand is hitting Trump on things where he actually has vulnerability. The illegal immigrant thing doesn't sway people because that recent slaying of that innocent woman in San Francisco is still fresh in peoples' minds, but these people that are backing Trump are not going to go for him potentially kicking people out of their homes so he can expand his gambling empire and supporting other corporations using the government as lackeys to do the same thing across the country.

Most people who support Trump have no idea who he is apart from his TV shows and the fluff pieces done on him by Fox News. I have to admit that prior to his numbers going up, I didn't know half of the things about him that I do now after having read into things. Granted, I didn't pay as close attention to politics prior to 2006 when a lot of this stuff happened.

the woman who lost her home on his account.
    Trump lost that case. The woman kept her home.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Trump lost that case. The woman kept her home.
    I fixed the post, forgot to put the word "almost" in there. lol

Unlike some others posting on this forum, I think the primary reason why Rand's numbers went down was due to a lack of media appearances, and that is changing now with his recent rounds on Fox and NBC. During the run-up to the next debate I think Rand will get more play in the news cycle and his numbers will start to gradually creep back up.

Oh, and the reason why Trump is scared of Rand is because unlike Bush, Rand is hitting Trump on things where he actually has vulnerability. The illegal immigrant thing doesn't sway people because that recent slaying of that innocent woman in San Francisco is still fresh in peoples' minds, but these people that are backing Trump are not going to go for him potentially kicking people out of their homes so he can expand his gambling empire and supporting other corporations using the government as lackeys to do the same thing across the country.

Most people who support Trump have no idea who he is apart from his TV shows and the fluff pieces done on him by Fox News. I have to admit that prior to his numbers going up, I didn't know half of the things about him that I do now after having read into things. Granted, I didn't pay as close attention to politics prior to 2006 when a lot of this stuff happened.
    I'm from New Jersey. Trump is joke. But he is even getting voters here. Mostly because they think it would be "cool" to have him be president.

Rand is doing fine. He is getting a lot of attention and spreading his message around the country. It's so early in the season for polls I don't worry yet. Rand just needs to play the game in the debates. Answer the questions about Trump that he will definitely get.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand was on Laura Ingraham this morning and she basically asked him how it felt being bumped out of the main debate. He said he was still in the main debate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand was on Laura Ingraham this morning and she basically asked him how it felt being bumped out of the main debate. He said he was still in the main debate.
    Yep, Kasich and Christie tying him in the Monmouth poll today made it a certainty, even if the cutoff dropped to 8 + 1.

Thank God.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

'm sorry, but there's just no way in hell that Rand is polling 1%.
    I agree. Whether the polls are manipulated, or people just give answers that don't match who they would actually vote for - ie. Deez Nuts - I don't think there is any way Rand is 1%.

I've been all over the internet the past couple weeks promoting the money bomb and there is no way Rand only has as many supporters as someone like Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal, George Pataki etc.

And there are also a lot of people that have Rand as a second choice with Cruz or Carson. It's common that when I search for Rand related Tweets and Instagram pictures I see the person actually supports a few candidates... even Trump. So once the field narrows and the numbers consolidate Rand has potential to pick up a lot more supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yep, Kasich and Christie tying him in the Monmouth poll today made it a certainty, even if the cutoff dropped to 8 + 1.
    Yeah, I thought I was going to have to start posting it in huge bold letters for people to notice that the math showed he would be in the main debate.

Hopefully this settles it now and everyone accepts the fact that Rand Paul will be in the main CNN debate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123