Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit freaking out over crappy polls.. The Iowa 10,000 program is alive and well...

Quit freaking out over crappy polls.. The Iowa 10,000 program is alive and well...

Copied from a student's for Rand Paul's FB page.. Pretty big news so far.

Rand Paul is the only Presidential candidate to have an official student organization at the University of Northern Iowa.
    Students for Rand, Students for Rand - University of Northern Iowa, ‪#‎standwithrand‬, ‪#‎iowa10000‬.

Rand having the largest and perhaps only college presence on the Republican side on campuses is a big deal. We are off and running to caucus night.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we need more than students to win the caucus

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Copied from a student's for Rand Paul's FB page.. Pretty big news so far.

Rand Paul is the only Presidential candidate to have an official student organization at the University of Northern Iowa.
    Students for Rand, Students for Rand - University of Northern Iowa, ‪#‎standwithrand‬, ‪#‎iowa10000‬.

Rand having the largest and perhaps only college presence on the Republican side on campuses is a big deal. We are off and running to caucus night.
    I'm pumped. I don't even care about the 1% national ppp poll. I think we are going to steal Iowa and once that happens the media narrative will change and Paul's national poll numbers will go up.

Guys don't be discouraged. I have been but I think Iowa will come through.

If they actually show up, 10,000 students would be massive.

Btw, they don't vote in polls because they have cell phones.
    Last edited by TaftFan; 09-01-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Warlord, we got this bro. I believe in Rand's organization in Iowa. We're gonna churn out more caucus voters and steal the damn state... and the media heads will be spinning.

How about 10,000 students and half of the 25% of the independent vote? We need to fight to get into the evangelical vote, conservative vote, republican vote, etc as well. If we get 10,000 students to caucus, I think we win.

For gods sake, don't tell people how to actually win.

Hint...

68% of the voters will be age 45 plus...
    Last edited by Liberty74; 09-01-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Yes and Ron Paul supporters. That's it, that would be enough to win the Iowa caucus.
    Rand Paul for Peace

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Warlord, we got this bro. I believe in Rand's organization in Iowa. We're gonna churn out more caucus voters and steal the damn state... and the media heads will be spinning.
    They are not going to be "spinning", they are going to blame the win on the students and then say that the past winners of the Iowa Caucus have NOT gone on to win the nomination. But who cares, a win for Rand would give him the momentum that is much needed for New Hampshire.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    How about 10,000 students and half of the 25% of the independent vote? We need to fight to get into the evangelical vote, conservative vote, republican vote, etc as well. If we get 10,000 students to caucus, I think we win.
    In 2012 there were 18225 voters that were ages 17-29. Ron won only 48% of them which most were Republican or Independents which gave him 8748 votes in that age range. Students might have made up half of that or 4374. It will be extremely tough for Rand to more than double his father's student votes at 10,000.

Much easier to go after the 68% of the voters. Rand will need to do extremely well with the 45 and up crowd or he loses. No 10,000 students anything will get him over the top.

Ron got 13% of the 45 and up crowd. It's why he lost. Rand will need to get at least 20% them. There were only 7 real candidates in 2012. It's a little crowded now and I expect the field to be below 10 by Iowa so 20% should be the target. Then add the students to take him over the top...
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Most polls have small amounts of people, I saw one national poll with only about 500 voter, yes only 500. That is only 10 people per state. The state polls are a bit more accurate since it is 500 people in one state.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    They are not going to be "spinning", they are going to blame the win on the students and then say that the past winners of the Iowa Caucus have NOT gone on to win the nomination. But who cares, a win for Rand would give him the momentum that is much needed for New Hampshire.
    Blame the students? Perhaps, but its not like students aren't voters too. Regardless, a win in Iowa makes Rand a legitimate contender in voters eyes despite whatever the media may say.

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of all this pessimism too. I really wish people would spend less time complaining about Rand's poll numbers and actually try, I don't know, doing something to help the campaign? Trump supporters obviously need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of sick of all this pessimism too. I really wish people would spend less time complaining about Rand's poll numbers and actually try, I don't know, doing something to help the campaign? Trump supporters obviously need not apply.
    Hey, if Trump supporters want to help Rand out, more power to them.

IOWA RESULTS IN

Trump pulls Second in Nation's First Contest
    Carson Pulls Third; Fiorina and Kasich Round Out Top Five

That's the headline I want to see, because then I'll know Rand Paul won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Exactly as the Trumpbots will be looking for a new home very soon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't underestimate the power of the young vote in a caucus state. If their presence is large enough to be noticed by the party faithful, then the key message to be delivered during the caucus is, "Rand Paul represents a future for the Republican party that is fading away."

With a carefully crafted message, this theme can resonate with many people that are afraid of what the democrats will become if they're left unchecked.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I'll believe it when I see it.

If they pull it off I would have much respect though.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

If they pull it off I would have much respect though.
    You have to believe it, and THEN you'll see it. This is how we make it happen.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You have to believe it, and THEN you'll see it. This is how we make it happen.
    Sorry, I don't expect Rand to win this time. I think he's the best candidate and will vote for him no matter what. Maybe in 20 when Hillary has made a few messes will be Rand's time.

Sorry, I don't expect Rand to win this time. I think he's the best candidate and will vote for him no matter what. Maybe in 20 when Hillary has made a few messes will be Rand's time.
    So, if there really is a big correction within the next month, you refuse to be ready to help Rand Paul capitalize on the sudden and widespread sobriety that results from it?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Sure, if they are actually going to do that, but as of right now, what I've been hearing out of them is the majority of the pessimism that's been rampant around here, though obviously not all of it.

I've seen football games where a team is getting slaughtered and then executes an epic rally, seen horseraces where the last horse down the stretch turns on the burners and wins it all... and I've seen it in politics too, in 2008 with John McLame. Translation: It aint over til its over and it honestly hasn't even really begun yet.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, if there really is a big correction within the next month, you refuse to be ready to help Rand Paul capitalize on the sudden and widespread sobriety that results from it?
    Did I say that?

Lets face reality here. The primary will be idiots like trump and carson spewing hate toward illegals and gays to mouth breathers for a while until they get tossed out in scandals and Bush is nominated.

This is how it always goes. If something crazy happens and Rand starts doing well I obviously still support him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post

*Cough* September 17th Constitution Day Money Bomb Thread *Cough*

I understand people saying you can't win with only students... but would you rather not have them? If the campaign weren't doing this people would complain "why isn't the campaign organizing the natural base of young people?"

As for the polling at this point, Ron polled at 3% in Iowa after the first two debates in 2012. Finished with 21.4%, 3% short of winning. Only 3800 votes.

Another reminder of what polling means on this date...

Not one was the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    For gods sake, don't tell people how to actually win.

Hint...

68% of the voters will be age 45 plus...
    In 2012 it was only 54%...and I suspect that number will have fallen a little. But its definitely not even close to 68%

I've seen football games where a team is getting slaughtered and then executes an epic rally, seen horseraces where the last horse down the stretch turns on the burners and wins it all... and I've seen it in politics too, in 2008 with John McLame. Translation: It aint over til its over and it honestly hasn't even really begun yet.
    all of this. people need to quit with the sky is falling rhetoric.

We have 5 months to get 10 K students. I really like what I am hearing about this program. If we happen to surge, we must make the most of it. Walker didn't, Trump isn't, and hopefully Carson and Fiorina don't. When we surge, we need to make sure we reach as many young voters as possible. I trust the campaign to target young voters, Ron Paul supporters, and independent voters effectively.

Did I say that?

Lets face reality here. The primary will be idiots like trump and carson spewing hate toward illegals and gays to mouth breathers for a while until they get tossed out in scandals and Bush is nominated.

This is how it always goes. If something crazy happens and Rand starts doing well I obviously still support him.
    You want to face reality? Here's some reality in your face, bud.

The nation is pissed, and Republicans most of all, but they're still stupid enough to listen to the Fox$#@! every day and their anger is being misdirected down useless channels that are more likely to lead them to recreate Stalin's Soviet Union than to get us back to the nation that grew into the greatest the world had ever seen. And we can't cut through the ninety billion megawatts of broadcast power to make them see the facts of the matter. Eventually, their Clown Prince will expose his ass for real and they are going to be extraordinarily pissed.

And then one of two things is going to happen. We will discover that the liberty movement has been thinking forward enough, and has been thinking clearly enough, and has been practicing long enough, to sway these angry people and get them stampeding in the right direction for the first time in four decades or more. And then the forces of good will win. Or, we will discover that while evil has been busy planning its strategy and marshaling its forces, we were busy whining and trying to get each other depressed and giving up and hiding our heads in the sand.

Rand Paul is not allowed to coordinate with We, the People. He's almost incidental to the process. As long as he keeps on keeping on with insane energy, and as long as he keeps sidestepping the dozen traps the Mainstream Mafia lays for him every single day. that's his role. That's all the miracles he can do. The rest is truly up to us. We, the People, are the only party that can pull this revolution off.

Do you want to help? If you don't want to help, could I interest you in taking your whine and your cheese elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    all of this. people need to quit with the sky is falling rhetoric.
    Thank you. I'll see you after I've seen some other posts worth spreading some rep to.

N Iowa is good but what about Iowa U and Iowa St.? I think if the campaign can get those two schools involved also the campaign10,000 mark could concieveably be hit. I still think sooner or later Rand must send Ron to these campuses to get his old supporters fired up and willing to get out and vote. Who cares what the media will say, to win Rand must send set Ron's hardcore supportersfon fire and hope that the older ones he's picked up by using his strategy stay with him. If he does this Rand will take Iowa unexpectantly and set the talking heads on fire. And if Rang does win I don't think he'll have to worry about Ron's supporters in others states getting out and trying to put a Paul in the White House.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast