Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quit freaking out over crappy polls.. The Iowa 10,000 program is alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    N Iowa is good but what about Iowa U and Iowa St.? I think if the campaign can get those two schools involved also the campaign10,000 mark could concieveably be hit. I still think sooner or later Rand must send Ron to these campuses to get his old supporters fired up and willing to get out and vote. Who cares what the media will say, to win Rand must send set Ron's hardcore supportersfon fire and hope that the older ones he's picked up by using his strategy stay with him. If he does this Rand will take Iowa unexpectantly and set the talking heads on fire. And if Rang does win I don't think he'll have to worry about Ron's supporters in others states getting out and trying to put a Paul in the White House.
    No doubt Rand will or already has a group made there. They will be pushing all of those schools hard. You don't make a goal of 10,000 and skip those schools.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand has only 10,000 people in IA supporting him out of over 100,000? That's not good enough. We need at least double that. .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssunlimited View Post
    Rand has only 10,000 people in IA supporting him out of over 100,000? That's not good enough. We need at least double that. .
    10,000 college students. Not total.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    10,000 college students. Not total.
    Hey okay! How much total?

Not sure yet. They haven't set a goal for total votes yet. I would probably say around 30,000 would be a good goal. That would be a few thousand more than Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    Most polls have small amounts of people, I saw one national poll with only about 500 voter, yes only 500. That is only 10 people per state. The state polls are a bit more accurate since it is 500 people in one state.
    You have no idea how polling actually works do you? You need a class in statistics. 500 people is actually on the larger size of polling, especially for a small state like Iowa. 500 people for Iowa will yield very significant findings with a minuscule 3-4% margin of error.

Not sure yet. They haven't set a goal for total votes yet. I would probably say around 30,000 would be a good goal. That would be a few thousand more than Ron.
    Rand won't come close to Ron's numbers, let's be honest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    You have no idea how polling actually works do you? You need a class in statistics. 500 people is actually on the larger size of polling, especially for a small state like Iowa. 500 people for Iowa will yield very significant findings with a minuscule 3-4% margin of error.
    To his credit though, I think it is harder to poll a caucus state. It is all about getting out the vote in Iowa as everyone knows. If we get 2012 Ron voters out while adding a good chunk of new students, we can win. We just have to get that done.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Here's the 2012 entrance poll for Iowa:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...2#cite_ref-151
    Nice source! I am familiar with this. What stroked me were that Ron won youth vote, moderate or liberal and independent vote. But almost all of you knew these things now didn't you? Cool beans!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully something's going on and this isn't just a case of whistling past the graveyard.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Rand won't come close to Ron's numbers, let's be honest here.
    You are going to be surprised. Just because there is less enthusiasm for Rand than Ron it doesn't necessarily mean he will get less votes. Don"t equate enthusiasm for caucus votes.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Hopefully something's going on and this isn't just a case of whistling past the graveyard.
    yeah we heard all this in 2008/2012 ,
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

"Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post

Rand won't come close to Ron's numbers, let's be honest here."

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    You are going to be surprised. Just because there is less enthusiasm for Rand than Ron it doesn't necessarily mean he will get less votes. Don"t equate enthusiasm for caucus votes.
    I can see and agree with that. For instance, I myself am not as excited this time around as I was with Ron, but I'm still going to get out and vote for Rand regardless. I think many feel the same way. So long as Rand can get his fathers supporters fired up any way possible, while holding onto the new ones he's brought in Rand has a very good chance to get more votes than Ron. Especially considering all the students will be in town this time, unlike last time. Now eventually Rand may have to get Ron out to all of these colleges in Iowa to get them fired up and perhaps the ones that have already graduated. There could be enormous potential in doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    yeah we heard all this in 2008/2012 ,
    Sure, but 2008/2012 didn't have 17 candidates. Hell if 7 candidates dropped out after Iowa in either year there would have been maybe 2 or 3 left. This time there will still be 10! Add in the Trump factor that neither of those years had and I think there's obviously a much greater chance for the delegate strategy to pan out. And lets be honest with ourselves, do we really believe that Rand can win this election outright? I mean sure I'm going to get out and vote for him and tell people about him and hope for the best, but the reality is with no billionaire backer in this day and age it's almost impossible to win a presidential election outright. I think Ron knew this which is why he spent so much time and money educating the young people and trying to build up as big of a network as possible for this very moment. This is the route one has to take if they don't have a 100 million dollars to brainwash the public. It's unfortunate, but a candidate like Ron/Rand will never be "allowed" to have a billionaire backer. At least that's the way it seems. If the billionaire coal baron from Kentucky "just can't" support Rand for president, but will back him for all his senate runs I truly believe these people are being told they best not be giving that kind of money to Rand unless they want the IRS up their ass. If a billionaire ever did back a Rand or Ron, with the grassroots they've built up I think they'd win the election very easy. Hell, look at Obama. With a billion dollars and the grassroots he had, he was able to beat the Clinton machine. Rand is up against the Bush machine without a billion dollars. But he does have 8 years of a grassroots build up that knows how to play the game. He just HAS to figure out a way to get all those people involved and willing to participate. Enter, Ron Paul.
    Last edited by rich34; 09-03-2015 at 08:08 AM.

One side note on this effort for a college students is that Iowa state law requires that anyone who will be of voting age on the date of the general election must be allowed to participate; thus, a number of seventeen-year-olds may join the caucus in Iowa. Therefore many high school seniors and even juniors can vote for Rand. As someone that has attended a Leadership Institute Youth Leadership School there are ways to get high school volunteers and in this case actual voters. As a high school American Government student in 2000 the local GOP did outreach to our classes and my teacher offered extra credit for volunteering, so I filled literature bags, made calls, and went door to door with an older volunteer.

I would have a High School coordinator who coordinates with high schools for volunteer recruitment, speaking opportunities, and I would consider having high school reps working on commission (gift cards versus pay) for each person they can commit to Rand and Caucus.

High School attendance all grades so over 25% of these should be eligible to vote.
    •East High School Des Moines, IA. 2,230.
    •Lincoln High School Des Moines, IA. 2,218.
    •Valley High School West Des Moines, IA. 1,951.
    •West High School Davenport, IA. 1,931.
    •West Senior High School Iowa City, IA. 1,907.
    •Southeast Polk High School Pleasant Hill, IA. 1,816.
    •Linn-Mar High School Marion, IA. 1,788.

Full list here. https://k12.niche.com/rankings/publi...llment/s/iowa/

To his credit though, I think it is harder to poll a caucus state. It is all about getting out the vote in Iowa as everyone knows. If we get 2012 Ron voters out while adding a good chunk of new students, we can win. We just have to get that done.

No it's not. Just ask if the you intend to attend the caucus then exclude those who aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No it's not. Just ask if the you intend to attend the caucus then exclude those who aren't.
    Problem is that is not as easy as it sounds. So many people say they plan to vote right now when Trump is dominating the air waves. What if Trump starts to fall... It is not that easy to peg people for actually caucusing for an hours or so in Feb. Rand and Ron supporters are much more likely to show up in my opinion. So when a caucus poll has 30 percent of the people say they will "probably"caucus.. I don't know about the accuracy on that.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Problem is that is not as easy as it sounds. So many people say they plan to vote right now when Trump is dominating the air waves. What if Trump starts to fall... It is not that easy to peg people for actually caucusing for an hours or so in Feb. Rand and Ron supporters are much more likely to show up in my opinion. So when a caucus poll has 30 percent of the people say they will "probably"caucus.. I don't know about the accuracy on that.
    I'm starting to wonder if the average Trump supporter even knows what a caucus is, let alone what goes into winning one. It's very possible that a good number of them have likely never voted and probably never will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12