Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead kop Lake county Ill.

Dead kop Lake county Ill.

Fox Lake police officer shot and killed, manhunt underway in Lake County

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...901-story.html

Fox Lake police officer was shot and killed Tuesday morning, and a massive manhunt with dogs and helicopters was underway along Rollins Road in Lake County.

The officer was shot around 9 a.m. but details of the shooting were not immediately available.

Police, with the help of U.S. marshals, were searching woods and businesses in the area, authorities said.

Every law enforcement agency in the area, along with a regional SWAT team, was assisting, according to George Filenko, commander of the Lake County Major Crime Task Force.

Authorities said they were searching for two men and possibly a woman. No other details were available.

The search prompted officials at Grant Community High School to put the building on lockdown.

"Grant Community High School is currently in a lockdown at the request of the Fox Lake Police Department," read a statement posted at grantbulldogs.org. "A police matter is occurring in the community and for the safety of our students and staff they have requested we remain locked down."

Metra's Milwaukee District North Line has also been shut down because of the search, the agency said.

Check back for updates.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again the reader is left to assume the physical characteristics of the suspects lest someone take offence....

Be sure to inspect the genitalia of any criminal suspects and inquire as to their gender preference before reporting next time Tribune reporter person....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Once again the reader is left to assume the physical characteristics of the suspects lest someone take offence....

Be sure to inspect the genitalia of any criminal suspects and inquire as to their gender preference before reporting next time Tribune reporter person....

Maybe they read your comment because now it reads, "Police have established a perimeter and are seeking one black male and two white males, Rose said."

Remember that time they initiated a sweeping manhunt and put schools on lockdown because of that garbage man who got shot?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Remember that time they initiated a sweeping manhunt and put schools on lockdown because of that garbage man who got shot?
    It must be nuts for everyone in Illinois to go through this man hunt stuff every time one of it's citizens is murdered...
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I heard the cop was resisting a citizen's arrest and wouldn't put his hands up or drop his weapon.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I heard the cop was resisting a citizen's arrest and wouldn't put his hands up or drop his weapon.
    Drop his weapon, hell. Furtive movements, towards the waist region, on the part of L.E.O.s should cause any citizen to fear for their lives.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Drop his weapon, hell. Furtive movements, towards the waist region, on the part of L.E.O.s should cause any citizen to fear for their lives.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Officer Richard Raper knew at a young age that he possessed a unique crime investigative tool.

Officer Richard Raper knew at a young age that he possessed a unique crime investigative tool.
    His special purpose?
    "The Patriarch"

Now, now. Race and gender are merely "social constructs". I know that because I read it on RPFs.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

There was a little bit on the tv news about this story. Sounds like cops were searching house to house. My first thought was, how can they legally do that? After thinking about it a bit, I'm guessing, they simply ask if they can search, if they meet with resistance, they probably use some verbal persuasion or do it anyway and then just lie later and claim the home owner gave permission. Or is there some kimd of blanket warrant for this type of thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

They will never catch these guys, unless they do something stupid like ditch the officer's gun and pepper spray, and those are found for dna testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    There was a little bit on the tv news about this story. Sounds like cops were searching house to house. My first thought was, how can they legally do that? After thinking about it a bit, I'm guessing, they simply ask if they can search, if they meet with resistance, they probably use some verbal persuasion or do it anyway and then just lie later and claim the home owner gave permission. Or is there some kimd of blanket warrant for this type of thing?
    I would guess most people invite them in and feed them cookies.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Copsucker"
    I've altered your gif.

Looks like the Kop killed himself!

Probe of Illinois officer's death marked by tension between cops, coroner

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/16.../?intcmp=hpbt2

The investigation into the death of an Illinois police officer earlier this month has been beset by clashes between the task force looking into the case and the local coroner, reports say.

Late Tuesday, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that investigators met with the pathologist who performed the autopsy on Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz last week without Lake County coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd's knowledge. The pathologist, identified as Manny Montez, confirmed to the paper that the meeting took place.

"They called me and told me to be present, so I showed up,” Montez said. “We went over my findings. They had copies of my sketches because I haven’t finalized my [autopsy] report yet."

Fox News first reported last week that two sources close to the case say evidence suggests that Gliniewicz, 52, a 30-year veteran of the Fox Lake, Ill. police force, could have shot himself, despite the original characterization of his death as an execution-style murder by police. Authorities say that while they continue to actively investigate the case as a homicide, they say they aren't ruling out suicide.

Rudd told the Sun-Times that he was "totally confused" when told that the meeting had happened without him. Montez's role is to report his autopsy findings to Rudd, who will make the final determination about the cause of Glieniewicz's death.

Rudd told Fox News last that Gliniewicz died from a “single, devastating” shot to the torso. He said he hasn’t made a ruling in the death and that suicide is a possibility. Earlier Tuesday, Lake County Sheriff's spokesman Christopher Covelli criticized Rudd to reporters, saying that the coroner had released details that could damage the investigation and claimed that Rudd had not told investigators that he would make such statements to the media.

Meanwhile, Fox 32 Chicago reported that authorities are also still waiting for the result of ballistics and DNA tests that could determine both whether Glinieweicz, 52, was shot with his own service weapon and if unknown DNA found at the scene matches anyone in a criminal database.The station also reported that computers belonging to Gliniewicz are being forensically analyzed at a laboratory and his social media presence is also being scrutinized. However, investigators are still waiting for certain websites to comply with requests by law enforcement.

The drama began on the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 1 when Gliniewicz radioed in from a remote, marshy area that he was beginning a foot pursuit with three suspects, two white males and one black male. Shortly after that, his radio communication cut off—leaving police with minimal description of the men.

Minutes later, backup officers arrived and discovered Gliniewicz had been shot and killed. An enormous manhunt followed. Police quickly alerted the public to be on the lookout for the three suspects.

Sources tell Fox News two shell casings were found about 100 feet apart from each other near Gliniewicz’s body, which was discovered face down. His hand was in a gun position, the firearm “dropped at his body.”

One bullet hit Gliniewicz in his bulletproof vest. The second and fatal shot struck him underneath his vest, fired in a downward trajectory, near the heart. There was no sign of a struggle or defensive wounds—especially one to save his own life.

Two weeks after the officer’s death there are more questions than answers as police remain tight-lipped. There have been no arrests. There are no witnesses, suspects or concrete leads in the death of the father of four, who was regarded as a pillar of the community and known as “G.I. Joe.”

The FBI, ATF and Homeland Security participated in the investigation along with the Fox Lake Police Department, under the direction of Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko.

The story gained national attention as teams of media crews flooded the quiet town.

In the following days, Filenko hosted a series of news conferences in which he told reporters and the anxious community that nearby traffic cameras and home surveillance systems captured video depicting what appeared to be the three suspects—but it would take time to verify what was on the tapes.

As the unsolved death investigation carried on into the Labor Day weekend, neighbors and tourists in the picturesque “Chain O' Lakes” area took to the streets and blue waters with caution. Three “cop killers” were on the run, but people weren’t quite sure who or what they should be looking for.

The tree-lined streets of the quaint community were lined with blue ribbons and signs in Gliniewicz’s honor. A long line formed at a print shop that was giving out free posters depicting Gliniewicz. A local Motorola company offered a $50,000 reward for a tip and information leading to an arrest.

The following Monday, Gliniewicz was given a ceremonial funeral attended by over 5,000 police officers from around the country. Thousands of mourners stood along the streets and in their yards as the procession of over 1,600 police cars took hours to drive the 18-mile route to the cemetery. Gliniewicz was hailed as a hero, the latest officer to be killed in the line of duty.

The next day, one week after Gliniewicz died, Filenko hosted his final news conference to date in which he told the public the three suspects who were caught on tape, as described in Gliniewicz’s radio call, were cleared. Receipts and affidavits showed they were not the cop killers.

Filenko said investigators still consider the officer’s death a homicide and were analyzing crucial DNA found at the crime scene—which they said does not belong to Gliniewicz. But he would not specify what it was.

As the mystery deepens and theories abound, police insist the investigation will be a “marathon not a sprint.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I've altered your gif.
    saved.

Looks like the Kop killed himself!

Probe of Illinois officer's death marked by tension between cops, coroner

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/16.../?intcmp=hpbt2

The investigation into the death of an Illinois police officer earlier this month has been beset by clashes between the task force looking into the case and the local coroner, reports say.

Late Tuesday, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that investigators met with the pathologist who performed the autopsy on Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz last week without Lake County coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd's knowledge. The pathologist, identified as Manny Montez, confirmed to the paper that the meeting took place.

"They called me and told me to be present, so I showed up,” Montez said. “We went over my findings. They had copies of my sketches because I haven’t finalized my [autopsy] report yet."

Fox News first reported last week that two sources close to the case say evidence suggests that Gliniewicz, 52, a 30-year veteran of the Fox Lake, Ill. police force, could have shot himself, despite the original characterization of his death as an execution-style murder by police. Authorities say that while they continue to actively investigate the case as a homicide, they say they aren't ruling out suicide.

Rudd told the Sun-Times that he was "totally confused" when told that the meeting had happened without him. Montez's role is to report his autopsy findings to Rudd, who will make the final determination about the cause of Glieniewicz's death.

Rudd told Fox News last that Gliniewicz died from a “single, devastating” shot to the torso. He said he hasn’t made a ruling in the death and that suicide is a possibility. Earlier Tuesday, Lake County Sheriff's spokesman Christopher Covelli criticized Rudd to reporters, saying that the coroner had released details that could damage the investigation and claimed that Rudd had not told investigators that he would make such statements to the media.

Meanwhile, Fox 32 Chicago reported that authorities are also still waiting for the result of ballistics and DNA tests that could determine both whether Glinieweicz, 52, was shot with his own service weapon and if unknown DNA found at the scene matches anyone in a criminal database.The station also reported that computers belonging to Gliniewicz are being forensically analyzed at a laboratory and his social media presence is also being scrutinized. However, investigators are still waiting for certain websites to comply with requests by law enforcement.

The drama began on the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 1 when Gliniewicz radioed in from a remote, marshy area that he was beginning a foot pursuit with three suspects, two white males and one black male. Shortly after that, his radio communication cut off—leaving police with minimal description of the men.

Minutes later, backup officers arrived and discovered Gliniewicz had been shot and killed. An enormous manhunt followed. Police quickly alerted the public to be on the lookout for the three suspects.

Sources tell Fox News two shell casings were found about 100 feet apart from each other near Gliniewicz’s body, which was discovered face down. His hand was in a gun position, the firearm “dropped at his body.”

One bullet hit Gliniewicz in his bulletproof vest. The second and fatal shot struck him underneath his vest, fired in a downward trajectory, near the heart. There was no sign of a struggle or defensive wounds—especially one to save his own life.

Two weeks after the officer’s death there are more questions than answers as police remain tight-lipped. There have been no arrests. There are no witnesses, suspects or concrete leads in the death of the father of four, who was regarded as a pillar of the community and known as “G.I. Joe.”

The FBI, ATF and Homeland Security participated in the investigation along with the Fox Lake Police Department, under the direction of Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko.

The story gained national attention as teams of media crews flooded the quiet town.

In the following days, Filenko hosted a series of news conferences in which he told reporters and the anxious community that nearby traffic cameras and home surveillance systems captured video depicting what appeared to be the three suspects—but it would take time to verify what was on the tapes.

As the unsolved death investigation carried on into the Labor Day weekend, neighbors and tourists in the picturesque “Chain O' Lakes” area took to the streets and blue waters with caution. Three “cop killers” were on the run, but people weren’t quite sure who or what they should be looking for.

The tree-lined streets of the quaint community were lined with blue ribbons and signs in Gliniewicz’s honor. A long line formed at a print shop that was giving out free posters depicting Gliniewicz. A local Motorola company offered a $50,000 reward for a tip and information leading to an arrest.

The following Monday, Gliniewicz was given a ceremonial funeral attended by over 5,000 police officers from around the country. Thousands of mourners stood along the streets and in their yards as the procession of over 1,600 police cars took hours to drive the 18-mile route to the cemetery. Gliniewicz was hailed as a hero, the latest officer to be killed in the line of duty.

The next day, one week after Gliniewicz died, Filenko hosted his final news conference to date in which he told the public the three suspects who were caught on tape, as described in Gliniewicz’s radio call, were cleared. Receipts and affidavits showed they were not the cop killers.

Filenko said investigators still consider the officer’s death a homicide and were analyzing crucial DNA found at the crime scene—which they said does not belong to Gliniewicz. But he would not specify what it was.

As the mystery deepens and theories abound, police insist the investigation will be a “marathon not a sprint.”
    This should be headline news, lets get rid of this silly "war on cops" crap one may have killed himself and the other lied about being shot at after he hit a tree. hero's my ass....

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    This should be headline news, lets get rid of this silly "war on cops" crap one may have killed himself and the other lied about being shot at after he hit a tree. hero's my ass....
    They're martyrs to the tax-dollar God in blue.....

Banned

Blog Entries
    It is funny... ...on this one I my first thought was this was an inside job. And it looks like it might just be that. An internal crooked cop dispute that ended with murder.

They're martyrs to the tax-dollar God in blue.....
    on the bright side no retirement will have to be paid...

Ruled a suicide.

God help any Mundanes that looked cross-eyed at any amped up, hut hutting, Chicago cop in the weeks after this.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news-chi...uicide-sources

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ruled a suicide.

God help any Mundanes that looked cross-eyed at any amped up, hut hutting, Chicago cop in the weeks after this.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news-chi...uicide-sources
    Gliniewicz was found dead after he radioed dispatchers that he was checking on three men. He was shot twice in the upper torso.
    He was shot twice, with both bullets from his service weapon, authorities said. The first shot struck his bulletproof vest, with the force of a “sledgehammer.” The second bullet struck the upper left chest region and killed him.
    Sounds like he was trying to create a "hero" situation and it went crosswise. Doesn't sound like suicide to me. Sounds like a scam that went awry.

Sounds like he was trying to create a "hero" situation and it went crosswise. Doesn't sound like suicide to me. Sounds like a scam that went awry.
    Wonder for what he was under investigation too?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Suicide? Yup, two small groups of crooked cops tangled horns, and one was murdered for it, and like most cop murders, they got away with it. At least this time they killed one of their own.

this begs the question: who won this battle in the current "war on cops"?
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Just heard on NPR that he was stealing government funds and was afraid of the findings of a possible audit.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    this begs the question: who won this battle in the current "war on cops"?
    I think there's been backlash among the sheeple. My Facebook feed is full of people posting "comply" type videos and memes. My neighborhood is filled with too. In the past few weeks, #bluelivesmatters bumper stickers, blue ribbons, and "We support the POLICE" signs have started appearing everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast