Thread: Attendance at Paul rallies

Attendance at Paul rallies

Anyone been tracking attendance at some of Paul's recent stops? Is he getting 50 people in a room? 1000, 10,000? Just curios. When the elder Paul was running we'd see attendance figures so I would guess he's not pulling 1000+

Thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think his crowds have been in the 100s. Definitely not the 1000s and no where near Ron or Bernie Sanders.

The crowds in NH are smaller than they were for Ron Paul. Rand Paul is working (whether trying to or not) to compete with the other establishment candidates in NH, not bring out the hardcore liberty folks, or folks looking for an anti-establishment candidate. The crowds are still of decent size. Nothing to not be proud of

This week, the crowds might be a little small in NH because Rand is visiting little restaurants in very rural parts of Northern New Hampshire. Even thought the crowds are smaller, it is a good strategy because some of these communities are places that Ron Paul run outright in 2012.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I am interested since the campaign is taking a huge initiative with the 10,000 students from Iowa voting in the caucus goal if he will soon be making those large campus tours like Ron did. Maybe he will even have Ron with him or more likely having Ron do a tour himself. I agree that his campaign stops have been smaller however they are pretty intimate. As far as I hear they are being ran very professionally and I like what he is doing.

As we learned with both of Ron's campaigns the massive crowds don't necessarily represent votes. McCain and Romney had small crowds and still won. McCain was written off at this point in the race and still won.
    I still hold that the reason Ron did not put up a fight at the convention in 12 and why Rand endorsed Romney in 12 was because they struck a deal. We all know the whole thing is fixed, so why not fix it for Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    As we learned with both of Ron's campaigns the massive crowds don't necessarily represent votes. McCain and Romney had small crowds and still won. McCain was written off at this point in the race and still won.
    I still hold that the reason Ron did not put up a fight at the convention in 12 and why Rand endorsed Romney in 12 was because they struck a deal. We all know the whole thing is fixed, so why not fix it for Rand.
    The +rep was for your first sentence. lol. I don't agree with your 2nd; I don't believe any deal was struck beyond what Doug already told us and that was a threat from the Romney camp.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

He hasn't really been trying to do the large venues yet. Mostly he is meeting with local GOPs and doing restaurants, conference rooms, churches, and at least 1 barn. The reason for this is to build relationships when it comes caucus time. With smaller crowds, a candidate can remain accessible. I know most of these events, Rand will stay and shake hands with everyone, this is still the best way to win votes.

He had 700 at one of his Washington stops; don't remember which one now. He had crowds in the 100's in his other Washington stops. I think that is very good...and makes me wonder about all of these low poll numbers

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Exactly, people in here have yet to figure out how to WIN. The reason McCain and Romney won even with very small crowds at their events is because they have the...wait for it...MEDIA pumping them despite the fact that neither are really a Republican in the sense of smaller limited government. I can't remember for McCain but for Romney it was "he was the only one that could Obama" BS lie. The sheep bought it.

It's why I ALWAYS supported Ron Paul running as an "Independent" and I do support Rand doing the same. The system won't let either win the 2 party nomination set up so you have to $#@! the system and hit it from the side to reach the masses.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    It's why I ALWAYS supported Ron Paul running as an "Independent" and I do support Rand doing the same. The system won't let either win the 2 party nomination set up so you have to $#@! the system and hit it from the side to reach the masses.
    Donald Trump has demonstrated that "the system" doesn't have nearly as much power as it thinks it has. Trump is a deeply flawed candidate with many personal character issues, so he might not last, but his success has proven that it is possible to beat the machine. Imagine a Liberty Candidate with Trump's balls but without his baggage. They'd be cleaning up right now. We should not allow ourselves to fall victim to defeatism. The elites are running scared.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Donald Trump has demonstrated that "the system" doesn't have nearly as much power as it thinks it has. Trump is a deeply flawed candidate with many personal character issues, so he might not last, but his success has proven that it is possible to beat the machine. Imagine a Liberty Candidate with Trump's balls but without his baggage. They'd be cleaning up right now. We should not allow ourselves to fall victim to defeatism. The elites are running scared.
    Not 1 single vote has been cast for Trump yet. You don't get to stab at the "machine" till the GOP says they're ready to let you AND the GOP gets to count the votes afterwards. We are still unaware if all this broohaha over Trump is actually running defense for Hillary during her Nixon moment.

There is a liberty candidate who has far bigger balls than Trump who doesn't pander like Trump and he is not cleaning up. Rand talks about immigration and race to potentially very unreceptive crowds.

I caught the clip of Maddow ripping Rand and Christie last night. In the PPP poll last night 86% of Republican voters think Obama is not a Christian. 54% think he is a Muslim. Only 25% of Republicans think Obama was born in the US. More people thought Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada, was born in the US than those who thought Obama was.

The fact of the matter is Trump is a guy who appeals to extremely uneducated people. He is an economically illiterate birther and that is okay because the average Republican is an economically illiterate birther. It isn't balls that are necessary. It is a willingness to engage crazies with illogical nonsense. My honest opinion is the reason Rand is not doing as well, is because Trump is taking the crazy vote that Ron Paul had away from Rand. I think Rand is too logical for the crazies.
    Think how many times you have seen Ron Paul supporters talk about the Fed is a Jew conspiracy. Think how many think 9-11 was a hoax or the Bilderberg Group is something to worry about. I think Rand has lost those people. I think those people combined with single issue voters on foreign policy are leaving Rand.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 09-01-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He hasn't really been trying to do the large venues yet. Mostly he is meeting with local GOPs and doing restaurants, conference rooms, churches, and at least 1 barn. The reason for this is to build relationships when it comes caucus time. With smaller crowds, a candidate can remain accessible. I know most of these events, Rand will stay and shake hands with everyone, this is still the best way to win votes.
    Yeah, they haven't been trying to do huge venues with 1,000's of people yet. They've been going for multiple stops a day at smaller places. Gives him a chance to visit people closer to where they are, and like CPUd said it allows him to stay and shake hands and meet the crowd and make a connection.

Ron did the same thing, he didn't start off doing 5,000 person events in 2012... he went to all the small stops in the early states too.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    He had 700 at one of his Washington stops; don't remember which one now. He had crowds in the 100's in his other Washington stops. I think that is very good...and makes me wonder about all of these low poll numbers
    Yes, even a few of the times on this recent trip where they had planned for fewer people they got bigger crowds than expected and had to add chairs and expand the room.

A lot of these are in the middle of the day during the week. His stop in Seattle was at 8:30am on a Wednesday. So I think the attendance he's getting right now is great and probably where the campaign wants it at this point.

There were a couple hundred here in Maine. I had to work like usual.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/09/0...campaign-stop/

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Exactly, people in here have yet to figure out how to WIN. The reason McCain and Romney won even with very small crowds at their events is because they have the...wait for it...MEDIA pumping them despite the fact that neither are really a Republican in the sense of smaller limited government. I can't remember for McCain but for Romney it was "he was the only one that could Obama" BS lie. The sheep bought it.

So running 3rd party is how to win? When was the last 3rd party president elected?

the houston one I was at was over 800...they have to change rooms twice to be able to accommodate all the people

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pass me what you are smoking. Trump has gotten the MOST media coverage out of all the candidates. He is an Israel Firster, an NSA supporter, wants war with Iran. The "elites" you speak up of absolutely love him. But in public, they say they hate him and the sheep like you go, "baaaaaa!"