Thread: Clinton emails mention Rand Paul and 'Rove at war with Palin'

Clinton emails mention Rand Paul and 'Rove at war with Palin'

Trudging through the 7,000 pages of newly released Hillary Clinton emails, I came upon a very revealing series of emails while searching the term, "Rand Paul." And the State Department made a boo-boo. The original email from Sid Blumenthal includes a large portion of a paragraph that is whited out. However, Sec. Clinton's reply doesn't include these redactions.

This email from Blumenthal (and her short reply) gives us a window into the thinking of Sec. Clinton at the time of the 2010 midterm elections when a wave of more conservative Republicans swept into office--including Sen. Rand Paul. Mr. Blumenthal is a journalist who also acted as an adviser to Sec. Clinton.

Link: http://iroots.org/?p=135599
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was interesting.

6. In the Senate, Jim DeMint continues to be a Fifth Column of the right, allied to the House Republicans, against remaining Senate GOP moderates. He will be reinforced after this election with Rand Paul, et al. Paul, of course, hates Mitch McConnell, and vice versa.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    This was interesting.
    Damn, I am tired of Rand's "alliance" with McConnell.

It wasn't supposed to be that way.

Calls it with McConnell and the speaker
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Damn, I am tired of Rand's "alliance" with McConnell.
    Did you read what I quoted. They hate each other.

It wasn't supposed to be that way.
    Says who? Paul got on the best committees and he wouldn't have been able to do that without McConnell interceding. Get over it. They don't like each other.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Says who? Paul got on the best committees and he wouldn't have been able to do that without McConnell interceding. Get over it. They don't like each other.
    They did hate each other. Maybe they still do, but not publicly.

Rand hurt himself permanently by endorsing McConnell. Nothing he got in return comes close to overcoming that. It is one of the primary reasons he can't capture anti-establishment support.

That is why I have said many times that he must disavow and attack McConnell in order to win.

That email was from 2010, and it appears as though it was before the November election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    They did hate each other. Maybe they still do, but not publicly.

Rand hurt himself permanently by endorsing McConnell. Nothing he got in return comes close to overcoming that. It is one of the primary reasons he can't capture anti-establishment support.

That is why I have said many times that he must disavow and attack McConnell in order to win.
    Again, he certainly wouldn't have done himself any favors by backing a unthreatening challenger like Bevin, who only exemplified the 'crushed' factions McConnell said the GOP would beat. And for the most part, they did.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.