Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dekalb Cop Shot After Entering Wrong House and Shooting Dog

Dekalb Cop Shot After Entering Wrong House and Shooting Dog

Breaking story, not much info outside of Twitter -- looks like perhaps a case of a homeowner shooting back after his dog was shot ... or not, we shall see. In any event they have already admitted they went to the wrong home.

Hopefully the homeowner will make a full recovery from the wounds he sustained from the home invaders ...

https://twitter.com/wsbtv?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

WSB-TV ‏@wsbtv 13m13 minutes ago

#BREAKING: DeKalb police say officers responded to wrong house before officer was shot. WATCH LIVE news conference: http://www.wsbtv.com/live

WSB-TV ‏@wsbtv 15m15 minutes ago

MORE: Dog was shot and killed, homeowner was shot in the leg and DeKalb officer was shot inside the residence. GBI called to investigate.

MORE: Officer was shot in the thigh, lost a lot of blood and is in critical condition. We're updating this story
    News article with same info: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breakin...er-shot/nnT9R/
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-31-2015 at 09:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm defending cops on another thread as we speak. But, cop shoots my dog; he's going down.

Can someone explain this to me....why is it that only dogs in United States are getting shot by American police? I don't hear about Mexican police shooting Mexican dogs....I don't hear about Canadian cops executing Canadian dogs, etc. Also police aren't the only ones who come in contact with other people's dogs....I don't hear about American meter readers, mail carriers, delivery drivers, etc killing dogs. Why are American cops the only pussies who fear for their lives when they come in contact with dogs?
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 08-31-2015 at 09:31 PM.

I bet another cop shot him by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Can someone explain this to me....why is it that only dogs in United States are getting shot by American police? I don't hear about Mexican police shooting Mexican dogs....I don't Canadian cops executing Canadian dogs, etc. Also police aren't the only ones who come in contact with other people's dogs....I don't hear about American meter readers, mail carriers, delivery drivers, etc killing dogs. Why are American cops the only pussies who fear for their lives when they come in contact with dogs?
    Because cops have been trained, through military style training and the Circular Force Continuum that Officer Safety is paramount and above any other considerations.

They, cops, are on a war footing, and if a "hostile" (that's us) or one of his animals even twitches funny, they are gonna take you out.

And because they are almost never held accountable for killing us or our animals, well, the process continues and gets worse.

Can someone explain this to me....why is it that only dogs in United States are getting shot by American police? I don't hear about Mexican police shooting Mexican dogs....I don't hear about Canadian cops executing Canadian dogs, etc. Also police aren't the only ones who come in contact with other people's dogs....I don't hear about American meter readers, mail carriers, delivery drivers, etc killing dogs. Why are American cops the only pussies who fear for their lives when they come in contact with dogs?
    Because they can.

And since most popos are about 100 lbs overweight, it's one of the few ways they can feel "manly".
    There is no spoon.

It almost has to be their training.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It almost has to be their training.
    No doubt that is what it is.

I started hollering about the CFC, right about the same time I started making this, police abuse, the centerpiece of my reading, writing and activism.

I and others knew, quite clearly, where it was going to lead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lots of questions about what went on here. This article has a tiny bit more info:

http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer...35141441.html#

ATLANTA (AP) — A police officer was shot and critically wounded Monday when he responded to a call of a suspicious person and showed up at the wrong house, authorities said.

The homeowner was also shot in the leg and his dog was killed in what DeKalb County police Chief Cedric Alexander is calling a complicated shooting. Officers fired their weapons, the chief said, but it's not clear if the homeowner had a gun.

Alexander said his department would typically handle the investigation since it did not involve a fatality, but because of the unusual situation, he asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to look into it.

"We did respond to the wrong residence tonight and then these other circumstances unfolded," he said.

Alexander said the situation happened like this: A neighborhood resident called 911 at 7:34 p.m. to report a suspicious person and described a home to the dispatcher. Three officers responded to a house that fit the description the caller gave 911. The officers went to the back of the home and found that a screen door and a rear door were unlocked.

"That in and of itself would probably suggest to anyone that it is possible that there could be intruders inside, but it turned out not to be the case," Alexander said. "Somewhere at the rear of that home, some things happened that have yet to be determined."

The officers had just entered the home when the gunfire erupted.

"There was gunfire, I just cannot tell you who fired and who did not," he said.

An officer was shot in the leg and lost a lot of blood. He was rushed to the hospital and was undergoing surgery. The homeowner was also taken to the hospital.

The homeowner's girlfriend was at the home at the time of the shooting and called 911.

Derek Perez told The Associated Press that he reported the suspicious person. He said he was walking his dog when he saw a man knock on a neighbor's door and then just stand in the yard. He said he then heard a loud noise, a dog barking and didn't see the man anymore. There had been break-ins in the neighborhood recently, so he called 911, he said.

Just as he was about to go into his house, he heard the gunshots, but they didn't come from the house where he had reported the suspicious person.

Police were still investigating whether there was a burglary at the home where the suspicious person was spotted.

All three officers have been placed on administrative leave.

The shooting happened in a neighborhood about 5 miles from downtown Atlanta.
    At least they admit they went into the wrong house.

They make no mention of the officers announcing they are going to enter a house without being welcomed in (so they probably didn't).

Good job by the person that called the cops. They should have been the one who ended up shot and with a murdered dog.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Here is a piece I just found. Notice the difference between the headline and the deeper truth:
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...-county/nnT9N/
    DeKalb officer shot, critical after responding to wrong house

Officers noticed the back door was unlocked and went inside, and for an unknown reason, gunfire erupted.
    At first it seems the media wants people to believe a cop was shot for just making a mistake, when in reality he broke into someone's home and suffered the consequences.

or the cop was shot by a fellow cop...

Police never suggested the homeowner had a gun or threatened the officer.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 09-01-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    At first it seems the media wants people to believe a cop was shot for just making a mistake, when in reality he broke into someone's home and suffered the consequences.

or the cop was shot by a fellow cop...
    Some things I've read seem to indicate that the homeowner didn't do any shooting, so it looks like another case of blue-on-blue violence. It wouldn't surprise me if the shooting was all about taking out the dog and the homeowner and other cop were shot "accidentally" in the process.

And, as with many of these stories, it also appears to be yet another case of a busy-body neighbor calling 911 about a "suspicious" person. Another thing, the police entered through an unlocked door -- these days you need to keep doors locked at all times to keep out the police too.

found a story with more info and the idea that the cop was shot by another cop is confirmed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/i...icers-33453972

Investigators: Georgia Officer Likely Shot by Other Officers
    ATLANTA — Sep 1, 2015, 11:16 AM ET
    By RAY HENRY Associated Press

Police officers who arrived at the wrong metro Atlanta home for a report of suspicious activity shot the man who lives there, killed his dog and "likely" shot a fellow officer, leaving him seriously wounded, authorities said Tuesday.

The bloody misunderstanding began when DeKalb County police received a report of a possible burglary. Officers were sent in the dark to a neighborhood in southeast Atlanta where many of the single-story homes look similar.

Three police officers found an unlocked door at the rear of one house they apparently thought matched a description provided by a 911 caller, according to a statement by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Once inside, two officers fired their guns at a dog, killing it.

A man in the home who exited a room off the kitchen was also shot by police, GBI officials said. A police officer was shot in the hip and listed in serious condition at Grady Memorial Hospital.

"Early investigation indicates that the injured officer was likely shot accidently[sic - nice journalism] by one of the other officers on the scene," GBI officials said in a statement.

However, GBI spokesman Scott Dutton said it was too early in the investigation to determine exactly who fired the gunshots. Dutton said he did not know if anyone in the home was armed beside the police officers. GBI officials said there is no evidence the residents had committed any crimes.

The wounded man, whose name was not released, returned home early Tuesday, limping and wearing hospital scrubs, but declined to comment.

DeKalb County police would normally investigate local shootings.

However, DeKalb police Chief Cedric Alexander asked the GBI, a statewide law enforcement agency, to lead the probe that involves his own officers' actions. Alexander acknowledged Monday night that DeKalb officers responded to the wrong home. All three officers have been placed on administrative leave.
    So glad the officers teamed up to shoot the dog. Wouldn't want there to be any chance of an officer getting hurt for trespassing.
    Last edited by jtap; 09-01-2015 at 09:36 AM.

HOW DO PIZZA DELIVERY GUYS EVER SURVIVE????
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

So, it was cops, in the wrong house, that unloaded on each other and the dog?

JFC...

We actually may see a firing in this case. No cop wants a partner who is so trigger happy they are shooting other cops. That crosses a line...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We actually may see a firing in this case. No cop wants a partner who is so trigger happy they are shooting other cops. That crosses a line...
    If a cop is hurt, someone has to pay.

If a cop screws up, they cover it up (usually).

If a cop is hurt and another cop caused it...how can someone pay and they cover it up? Stay tuned...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    DeKalb Co. officer accidentally shot by another officer, not homeowner
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...shot/71492826/

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- The G.B.I. says the DeKalb County police officer that entered the wrong home for a burglary call was accidentally shot by another officer, not by the homeowner.

The incident happened on Boulderwoods Drive around 7:35 Monday night. Three officers arrived at the residence and attempted to contact any occupants inside. When no contact was made, the officers made their way around to the rear of the home and gained entry to the residence through a screened porch. The G.B.I. said police went through a "reportedly unlocked door".

Upon entry, the officers encountered a dog. Two officers fired their weapons striking and killing the animal. A male in the home, later determined to be the homeowner, was also shot by the responding officers.

One of the police officers, identified as Travis Jones, was shot in the hip. The G.B.I. says their early investigation indicates Jones was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers at the scene.

The injured officer, who was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, is in "in serious but stable condition", according to DeKalb County Police PIO Capt. Steven Fore. The officer "lost a lot of blood," DeKalb County Public Safety Director Dr. Cedric Alexander said on Monday.

Alexander said officers received a vague location description of the possible burglary-in-progress call. The 911 call described the home as a brick and tan one-story home. Neighbors tell 11Alive the call was not a robbery in progress call, but a suspicious persons call.

11Alive has requested the audio and transcript of that 911 call. DeKalb County Police have declined to release that information at this time.

The homeowner, identified as 36-year-old Christopher McKinley, also suffered a gunshot wound to his leg. He was treated at Atlanta Medical Center and released.

The GBI identified the other officers involved as Officer Quhuanna Lloyd, and Officer Timothy Harden.

Dr. Alexander asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to take over investigation of the incident. Tuesday morning, the G.B.I. released their first public report. Read it here. After the investigation is complete, it will be turned over the the district attorney for "any action the district attorney deems appropriate".
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, it was cops, in the wrong house, that unloaded on each other and the dog?

JFC...
    They let themselves in, in fact (what the average person would consider a felony--breaking and entering).

If this pig dies, they should all be facing murder charges.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

DeKalb Co. officer accidentally shot by another officer, not homeowner
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...shot/71492826/

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- The G.B.I. says the DeKalb County police officer that entered the wrong home for a burglary call was accidentally shot by another officer, not by the homeowner.

The incident happened on Boulderwoods Drive around 7:35 Monday night. Three officers arrived at the residence and attempted to contact any occupants inside. When no contact was made, the officers made their way around to the rear of the home and gained entry to the residence through a screened porch. The G.B.I. said police went through a "reportedly unlocked door".

Upon entry, the officers encountered a dog. Two officers fired their weapons striking and killing the animal. A male in the home, later determined to be the homeowner, was also shot by the responding officers.

One of the police officers, identified as Travis Jones, was shot in the hip. The G.B.I. says their early investigation indicates Jones was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers at the scene.

The injured officer, who was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, is in "in serious but stable condition", according to DeKalb County Police PIO Capt. Steven Fore. The officer "lost a lot of blood," DeKalb County Public Safety Director Dr. Cedric Alexander said on Monday.

Alexander said officers received a vague location description of the possible burglary-in-progress call. The 911 call described the home as a brick and tan one-story home. Neighbors tell 11Alive the call was not a robbery in progress call, but a suspicious persons call.

11Alive has requested the audio and transcript of that 911 call. DeKalb County Police have declined to release that information at this time.

The homeowner, identified as 36-year-old Christopher McKinley, also suffered a gunshot wound to his leg. He was treated at Atlanta Medical Center and released.

The GBI identified the other officers involved as Officer Quhuanna Lloyd, and Officer Timothy Harden.

Dr. Alexander asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to take over investigation of the incident. Tuesday morning, the G.B.I. released their first public report. Read it here. After the investigation is complete, it will be turned over the the district attorney for "any action the district attorney deems appropriate".
    So, then ... not a word on whether the dog and the homeowner were shot "accidentally" ...

(But of course, they are just subcop mundanes - so who really gives a $#@!, amirite? Certainly not "journalists" or the GBI ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

$#@!. I got nothing to say. Just about everyone before me has already covered it. Reps.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Another thing, the police entered through an unlocked door -- these days you need to keep doors locked at all times to keep out the police too.
    You need a steel door and a murder hole hallway if you wish to avoid such "accidents."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Because only blue lives matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You need a steel door and a murder hole hallway if you wish to avoid such "accidents."
    This stupid accident by these fine officers has resulted in 1 innocent dog being killed, 1 innocent home owner being injured and 1 cop being injured... oh yeah and 0 criminals being stopped.

That is an awful lot of damage to do by mistake and not any good coming from in in terms of stopping violent criminals. Then again, 3 violent cops have been taken off of the streets for a little while.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Because only blue lives matter.
    They get out there and sacrifice so much without asking for anything.

Except for a lifetime of benefits, good pay, overtime, qualified immunity, and a PBA lawyer
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This stupid accident by these fine officers has resulted in 1 innocent dog being killed, 1 innocent home owner being injured and 1 cop being injured... oh yeah and 0 criminals being stopped.

That is an awful lot of damage to do by mistake and not any good coming from in in terms of stopping violent criminals. Then again, 3 violent cops have been taken off of the streets for a little while.
    They're in jail? Oh. You mean paid administrative leave.

Georgia? I think they have laws with gun specifications, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Because cops have been trained, through military style training and the Circular Force Continuum that Officer Safety is paramount and above any other considerations.

They, cops, are on a war footing, and if a "hostile" (that's us) or one of his animals even twitches funny, they are gonna take you out.

And because they are almost never held accountable for killing us or our animals, well, the process continues and gets worse.
    Last night I was arguing against you. This morning I woke up to this horrible story !!!! So I retract everything I said on the other thread. F'k those bastard cops in Atlanta. Atlanta, GA. probably the worst run municipality I've ever seen in my life. And I will say it .... you have the most bought off, corrupt, lazy ass black people... just like Obama. The majority of them should be in prison, but yet through the grace of Mafia.... they are free to throw your ass in prison, or kill you, or kill your dog. F'k them bastards.

Good thing for the homeowner that they had the wrong address. Otherwise he would have been charged with the cops injuries. Even if the cop had been killed there wouldn't have been a blue on blue charge for his death. Unlike the homeowner had it been the correct house.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Another thing, the police entered through an unlocked door -- these days you need to keep doors locked at all times to keep out the police too.
    Silly mundane - locked doors are prima facie evidence that nefarious and illicit activities a going on on the other side ...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And don't forget the boiling pitch ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Last night I was arguing against you. This morning I woke up to this horrible story !!!! So I retract everything I said on the other thread. F'k those bastard cops in Atlanta. Atlanta, GA. probably the worst run municipality I've ever seen in my life. And I will say it .... you have the most bought off, corrupt, lazy ass black people... just like Obama. The majority of them should be in prison, but yet through the grace of Mafia.... they are free to throw your ass in prison, or kill you, or kill your dog. F'k them bastards.
    And another converted by AF. And some would question his intentions.

Well:

All states have laws that prohibit going into someone else’s home or property without permission. In Georgia, it is crime, called burglary, to enter into a home, building, or vehicle with the intent to commit a crime inside. Residential burglary, sometimes called home invasion burglary, carries very stiff penalties, and can be punished by up to life imprisonment. Georgia also criminalizes trespass (going onto someone else’s property without permission), although it is a less serious crime than burglary. For general information on these crimes, see Home Invasions, Burglary: Penalties and Sentencing, and Trespassing Penalties.
    Enter or remain

In order to be convicted of burglary, the defendant must enter (or remain) in the building without permission. This can include going into a portion of the building that is generally closed to the public, such as an employee break room in a store. However, a person who goes into an “open house” in a house that is for sale and steals a piece of furniture does not commit burglary (only theft), because open houses are generally open to the public.

No need to commit felony or theft

The crime of burglary occurs as soon as the defendant enters the building or vehicle with the intent to commit theft or some other crime, even if the intended felony or theft never occurs. For example, a burglar who sneaks into a home but runs away as soon as the homeowner returns and does not take anything, has still committed the crime of burglary. Of course, if the theft or other crime is completed, then additional charges can be filed.

Home invasion burglary

Burglary is punished more severely if the building or vehicle (such as a camper or a boat) is a dwelling. Under Georgia's law, a “dwelling” is any building, structure, or part of a building or structure that is designed or intended for residential use. Even if a house is only used occasionally for residential use, such as a vacation home, it can still be considered a dwelling. Laws against home invasion burglaries are a bit of a throwback to the traditional definition of burglary.
    Burglary and possession of burglary tools are punishable by one to five years in prison. Home invasion burglary is punishable by one to 20 years in prison.
    hxxp://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/burglary-and-home-invasions-georgia.htm

Pointing and Firing a Gun

Pointing a gun at another person without legal justification is a crime in Georgia. In order to convict, the prosecutor does not need to show that the defendant intended to fire the gun, just that he or she intentionally pointed the gun at another person. For example, if a person points a gun at the postman because he is late picking up the mail, that is a crime, even if the person does not intend to shoot the worker, or even fire the gun, but just wants to scare him. However, under Georgia law, a person would be justified in pointing a gun at a trespasser in the person’s home without permission, and doing so is not a crime. (Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-102.) Georgia also has laws prohibiting firing guns on public roads or highways, on other people’s property without permission, and while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. (Ga. Code Ann. §§ 16-11-103, 16-11-104, 16-11-134.)
    Possession of Weapon During the Commission of a Felony

Georgia law prohibits the possession of a gun or a knife during the commission of a felony. (Ga. Code Ann. § 16-11-106.) For example, a person who wields a gun during a sexual assault could be convicted of possession of a weapon during a felony, as well as the underlying sexual assault.
    Possession of a weapon during the commission of a felony is punishable by up to five years in prison. The prison term must be served consecutively to any prison term for the underlying felony. Being a felon in possession of a firearm is punishable by one to five years in prison.
    hxxp://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/weapons-charges-georgia.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast