Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dekalb Cop Shot After Entering Wrong House and Shooting Dog

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Well:

hxxp://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/burglary-and-home-invasions-georgia.htm

hxxp://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/weapons-charges-georgia.htm
    We can only hope that the home owner presses charges. Then again, the DA probably would refuse. Just Us System.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    We can only hope that the home owner presses charges. Then again, the DA probably would refuse. Just Us System.
    And the one stupid ass dumb 'fker' police officer was shot by another police officer. But those two, 6th grade i.q. officers, killed the dog ... Police, are you Happy, you $#@!s?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being in possession of a flashlight has undoubtedly gotten many charged with possession of burglary tools, I'd add.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    And the one stupid ass dumb 'fker' police officer was shot by another police officer. But those two, 6th grade i.q. officers, killed the dog ... Police, are you Happy, you $#@!s?
    They're ecstatic. What cop wouldn't want to discharge their firearm in the line of duty? What cop wouldn't want bragging rights at the local cop bar of the latest sanctioned trend.

As far as their brother-in-arms I'm sure they've kissed and made up over the opportunity of their fellow getting early retirement on a disability. Even if he will be able to go snowboarding in Vale in another year or two.

It's all good.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-01-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Isn't this the same department that blew up 18 m/o baby boo?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Isn't this the same department that blew up 18 m/o baby boo?
    No.

This is Dekalb. Habersham was the other.

Same worthless investigative body, though.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    No.

This is Dekalb. Habersham was the other.

Same worthless investigative body, though.
    Yer right. Only about 50 miles apart though. Must be some idiot cops in GA
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Yer right. Only about 50 miles apart though. Must be some idiot cops in GA
    Lol.
    "The Patriarch"

Last night I was arguing against you. This morning I woke up to this horrible story !!!! So I retract everything I said on the other thread. F'k those bastard cops in Atlanta. Atlanta, GA. probably the worst run municipality I've ever seen in my life. And I will say it .... you have the most bought off, corrupt, lazy ass black people... just like Obama. The majority of them should be in prison, but yet through the grace of Mafia.... they are free to throw your ass in prison, or kill you, or kill your dog. F'k them bastards.
    well...that was quick..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last night I was arguing against you. This morning I woke up to this horrible story !!!! So I retract everything I said on the other thread. F'k those bastard cops in Atlanta. Atlanta, GA. probably the worst run municipality I've ever seen in my life. And I will say it .... you have the most bought off, corrupt, lazy ass black people... just like Obama. The majority of them should be in prison, but yet through the grace of Mafia.... they are free to throw your ass in prison, or kill you, or kill your dog. F'k them bastards.
    Not even necessary, all we were doing is having a conversation.

I see these stories every single day, I don't post one tenth of what I find, so I come off as pretty jaded.

Cops Break Into Wrong Home, Shoot Innocent Homeowner, Kill His Dog, Then Shoot Each Other

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...6lj1Wm6XKgf.99

By Matt Agorist on September 1, 2015

Atlanta, GA — An almost unbelievable tale of police incompetence comes out of Dekalb County Tuesday after police responded to the wrong home on a burglary call.

During the blunder, police officers wrongfully entered a residence as the homeowners, Chris and Leah McKinley and their small child, watched the movie Serendipity on their sofa.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

The bizarre incident unfolded shortly after 7:30 p.m. when three officers responded to a report of a suspicious person near Bouldercrest Road, but were not given a street address, DeKalb director of public safety Cedric Alexander said. The officers went to a home in the 1500 block of Boulderwoods Drive that matched the description given by a 911 caller, Dutton said.

“Officers approached the residence and attempted to contact occupants at the residence,” he said. “No contact was made.”

When officers went to the rear of the house, they found an unlocked screen and unlocked door and believed an intruder was inside, according to police. Officers entered the home through the unlocked door that led to the kitchen and announced their presence.

“Upon entry to the residence, the officers encountered a dog,” Dutton said in an email. “Two officers fired their weapons, striking and killing the animal in the kitchen.”

The McKinley’s neighbor, Tama Colson was out walking Monday night when she saw the patrol cars on the street. She then heard the gunshots.

It wasn’t just the dog, who police shot, however. After hearing police shoot his dog in the kitchen, Chris McKinley walked into the room to assess the situation. That’s when he too was shot by the Dekalb County police.

“I hear Leah screaming, I see Chris walking out, ‘They just shot me, they just shot me, and they killed my dog,’” Colson recounted of the incident. “So I got him to lay down, took my shirt off and rendered first aid. And Chris just kept saying, ‘Why did they shoot me? Why did they shoot my dog?’ He says, ‘I opened the door to see what the dogs were barking at, and I see black uniforms and I hear pop-pop-pop-pop,’” Colson continued.

But the epic blunder wasn’t over just yet. After they broke into the wrong home, killed a family pet, and shot the innocent and unarmed homeowner, they also shot their fellow cop!

One of the officers had to be transported in critical condition to the Grady Memorial Hospital after being shot by one of his own officers. That officer was in serious, but stable condition Tuesday morning after receiving a bullet to his hip.

According to DeKalb police Chief James Conroy, the three officers involved are all on paid leave.

“Without getting into the specifics of this case, that’s one of the challenges when people call 911, we often don’t know where they are,” Conroy said. “We want officers to go out and investigate crimes like this rather than react. We want to go out and actually apprehend criminals and help people.”

However, these officers were doing no such investigation, nor were they apprehending criminals.

In an atypical fashion, the department officially admitted to making a mistake.

“Are we perfect? Absolutely not. But when we find that we made a mistake, we own it. We own the fact that we were at the wrong house,” he said. “We didn’t hide it. We didn’t mismanage it. We were at the wrong location based on information that was given to us.”

The part that was left out, however, is that their ‘mistake’ led to police officers shooting an innocent man and killing a family pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    During the blunder, police officers wrongfully entered a residence as the homeowners, Chris and Leah McKinley and their small child, watched the movie Serendipity on their sofa.
    ser·en·dip·i·ty /serənˈdipədē/ noun: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

The Recommended Daily Allowance of irony has been met and exceeded ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “Without getting into the specifics of this case, that’s one of the challenges when people call 911, we often don’t know where they are,” Conroy said. “We want officers to go out and investigate crimes like this rather than react. We want to go out and actually apprehend criminals and help people.”
    Dafuq is this guy talking about? What "crime" was being "investigated" ... ?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ser·en·dip·i·ty /serənˈdipədē/ noun: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

The Recommended Daily Allowance of irony has been met and exceeded ...

Dafuq is this guy talking about? What "crime" was being "investigated" ... ?
    We would all be better off if calling the cops to alert them to "suspicious" persons or activity was a crime. Dogs especially!
    Last edited by jtap; 09-02-2015 at 06:42 AM.

A year later and the cops are still telling them to $#@! off.

Police shoot husband, family’s dog, offer few answers

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law...answers/nsDtB/

5:35 p.m. Aug. 11 by Jodie Fleischer / Channel 2 Action News

It’s been a year since Chris McKinley and his wife, Leah, were watching a movie on the couch in their East Atlanta home, when they heard a strange noise and went to check it out.

They slowly opened the door between the den and their kitchen, and saw three men standing in their home.

“As I’m opening it, pow pow pow pow pow,” said Chris McKinley, adding that he hadn’t even made it all the way into the kitchen when a bullet struck him.

It all happened so fast the young couple, their one-year-old son sleeping in room just a few feet away, thought they were being robbed.

“It was 5 shots and I thought they just murdered (Chris), they’re going to come for me and they’re going to get my baby. And that’s all I could think about,” said Leah McKinley.

Their assailants? The DeKalb County Police Department.

When it was over, the McKinleys’ ten-year-old Boxer, Yanna, who police also shot, was dead on the kitchen floor. Chris McKinley lay on the ground with a gunshot to the leg and the family’s trust in police shattered.

The couple has spent the past year seeking answers from a department that has yet to even apologize or offer a clear explanation about how the incident involving their three uniformed officers went so wrong. Chris McKinley underwent months of physical and emotional therapy as he’s tried to recover from the violent episode.

“It carries this hard, heavy, heavy weight on your heart. And it really screws with you,” he said.

Filled with anxiety, the couple moved from the home they loved. The visual reminders were too traumatic.

“I can’t turn it off. I see it all the time. I imagine it all the time; if I hear noises; if I’m at home by myself,” said Leah McKinley said.

The couple says the officers never even tried to help Chris McKinley after shooting him. They seemed more concerned about one of their own officers, who was also hit by the police gunfire.

“For someone to not be accountable for their actions is extremely hurtful,” said Leah McKinley.

The couple thought by now, they’d know why it all happened.

It was still light out on Aug. 31, 2015 when the officers were responding to a 911 call of a suspicious person at the far end of the couple’s street, in a cul-de-sac. The officers later said dispatchers did not provide a house number, only a vague description of the color of the home, which resembled the McKinley house.

The description of the suspicious person was that of a 50-year-old black man. The couple is white.

Police admit they were at the wrong house, but when they wrote out the incident report, they listed the wounded officer as the victim and Chris McKinley as the offender.
    “It’s just a slap in the face and a reminder of the incompetence from the very beginning until now still,” he said.

The report also lists the wrong address of the house, describes Yanna as a Pit Bull, and says Mr. McKinley ‘burst out of a closed door’, which he says he hadn’t even finished opening when the officers opened fire.

“They were trying to spin a story that would protect them, that would cover what they did,” said the couple’s attorney, Mark Bullman, who has filed notice of the family’s lawsuit against the department and its officers.

Leah McKinley said DeKalb investigators kept trying to suggest her husband had a gun. He had no weapon.

“We’re good people. I’m a teacher. I’m not doing anything wrong. And because they made a poor choice they’re going to try to blame us,” she said.

Police conducted an internal investigation, which they’ve yet to release. Investigators haven’t spoken to the couple since the night of the incident.

(It's a called a "police state" for a reason. - AF)

“I would have thought that if they were going to perform an investigation they would ask the victims, and nothing, not a word this entire year,” said Chris McKinley

DeKalb Police Chief James Conroy said his heart goes out to the McKinley family and confirmed that his department did do a review of the incident. He said he could not comment on specific details of what happened because of potential litigation.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation finished its review of the case last September, but has refused to release the file as the case is still pending in the DeKalb District Attorney’s office.

It is expected to be presented to a civil grand jury to review the officers’ actions and determine whether a criminal grand jury will hear the case.

The couple hopes their lawsuit will provide some answers and maybe an apology.

“To at least force them into accountability if they’re not willing to admit they did anything wrong,” said Leah McKinley.

it never fails...that damn 'litigation' crap always gets in the way....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    it never fails...that damn 'litigation' crap always gets in the way....
    ^^This^^

Fear of litigation prevents our men in blue from being able to perform their duties!

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Here is an interesting news update with video.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/deka...ting/420813769
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Fapping cop

For further search references

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12