Thread: CA-Cops raid man's home for making critical comments about cops on FedBook

Exclamation CA-Cops raid man's home for making critical comments about cops on FedBook

Rohnert Park Cops Raid Home of Man who Criticized Them on FB Over Co-Worker’s Viral Video Incident

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...dent/#comments

Rohnert Park police have managed to find themselves in the spotlight again after yet another resident claims police used excessive force against him.

This time, a man named Greg Del Secco said that police showed up to his home unannounced two weeks ago, so he raised his arms to show that he was not a threat.

But they took that as a sign that he was a threat, grabbing his hands, pulling them behind his back and handcuffing him, forcing him to sit on a curb while they raided his home without a warrant.

Their claim: A 911 caller reported hearing a woman screaming for help from inside his home.

But no screaming woman was even found inside his home.

Del Secco believes the raid was in retaliation for posting critical comments on the department’s Facebook page after the earlier incident involving his co-worker, Don McComas.

It was just a few weeks ago when McComas was outside of his home when a Rohnert Park police officer drew his service weapon and began following him around his property.

Video of the incident, posted below, quickly went viral, leading to officer Dave Rodriguez being placed on paid administrative leave.

Del Secco exercised his First Amendment to express his grievances with the actions of the Rohnert Park police officer towards his fellow coworker.

But his Facebook comment post was subsequently deleted and seven days later, his home was raided by three Rohnert Park police officers.

Chief Steve Masterson claims the connection is an “odd coincidence.”

Del Secco told KTVU that three Rohnert Park police officers came to his house in the early morning and started banging on his door.

Del Secco came to the door and opened it, making sure to keep his hands visible for his safety.

“I put it out so they could see my hand, knowing that I wasn’t opening it with a weapon or anything like that,” Del Secco said. “As that hand, and I stepped out, they grabbed that hand and twisted it behind my back and started cuffing me and taking me off the porch.”

Del Secco was then lead away from his home by armed officers and sat on the curb in front of his house, handcuffed, while officers with drawn guns raided his home, only to come up empty handed.

Concerned neighbors began to take photographs of Del Secco, in a tank top and shorts, sitting handcuffed against his will, in front of his own house.

The Rohnert Park Police Department says the 911 telephone call came from someone claiming to be 200 feet away from Del Secco’s property.

When asked for the 911 recording, Police Chief Steve Masterson claimed he didn’t have to release the tape.

PINAC has since sent a public records request for that 911 tape and will update the story once it has arrived. Del Secco says he wasn’t doing anything wrong, and had no idea why officers visited his home.

Police Chief Steve Masterson says Del Secco was suspicious for putting his hands in the air.

“To me that an indication that he has some involvement in something that’s gone on inside that house,” said Masterson.

To the rest of America, it’s an indication that citizens are taking extra precautions to prevent themselves from being shot.

Civil rights attorney John Burris agrees with Del Secco, stating he acted appropriately before the officers cuffed him.

“It’s the one lesson we give everybody: always make sure your hands can be seen by an officer,” said Burris. “It should not have been perceived as a threat of any kind.”

(God damned if you do, god damned if you don't. Just another Catch 22 in today's AmeriKa. - AF)

Unfortunately for Chief Masterson, the courts are going to decide.

McComas, through his attorney Daniel Beck, has announced they plan to sue the city.

The lawsuit will be for abuse of power and violation of Mr. McComas’ civil rights.

McComas has had to receive medical care after his incident with the Rohnert Park Police Department.

“He thought he was going to die. He thought he was going to be shot. He thought there was nobody around, nobody can see this,” said Beck.

As for Del Secco, officers did not find anything inside his home and eventually released him.

If you leave a comment on the department’s Facebook page, please make a screenshot in case they delete it, so we can prepare possible legal action against them for censorship.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hard to say on this one. The Police claim it's a coincidence. The Police say that they have the name and address of the 9/11 caller. Seems that if the Police are serious, they will investigate if this was a case of SWATting, or just an idiot neighbor. Was there a neighbor dispute?

Of course there is always the potential that someone on the force called in the 9/11 complaint.

Obviously the handcuffing and rough treatment were out of line though.

UPDATE

After pressure from KTVU Fox 2 Investigates, along with attorney Lisa Rafferty, Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety ultimately agreed to release the transcript of the 911 call that sparked this entire situation. Police are still refusing to release the actual 911 call.

Investigative reporter Ross Palombo has spoken to the caller himself and he has declined to comment further. A PDF of the transcript from August 11th, 2015 at 7:18am can be found here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the heels of a controversy over a Rohnert Park police officer pulling his gun on a citizen, another resident is claiming officers from that department used excessive force against him in a separate incident.

2 Investigates has also discovered a bizarre connection between the two incidents, which are raising questions about the use of force in the Rohnert Park Police Department.

Questions of Force

Greg Del Secco says three Rohnert Park police officers unexpectedly banged on his door early one morning, and when he opened it with his hands in view, he was cuffed and taken outside.

“I put it out so they could see my hand, knowing that I wasn’t opening it with a weapon or anything like that,” Del Secco said. “As that hand, and I stepped out, they grabbed that hand and twisted it behind my back and started cuffing me and taking me off the porch.”

Del Secco says he has no idea why officers were at his home, and he didn’t do anything wrong. Police Chief Steve Masterson says he considers Del Secco’s putting his hands up unusual.

“To me that an indication that he has some involvement in something that’s gone on inside that house,” said Masterson.

Del Secco says the officers then began searching his home with guns drawn. He believes they had no right to search his house.

But Rohnert Park Police tell 2 Investigates that they had good reason to search the house without a warrant because they received a 911 call from someone who claimed they heard a woman screaming for help inside Del Secco’s home.

The department refused to released the audio of the 911 call to KTVU. Police Chief Steve Masterson would only say that the 911 caller was “about 200 feet from the residence and he clearly heard a woman screaming for help.”

Civil rights attorney John Burris says it appears that Del Secco acted appropriately before the officers cuffed him.

“It’s the one lesson we give everybody: always make sure your hands can be seen by an officer,” said Burris. “It should not have been perceived as a threat of any kind.”

Officers did not find anything inside Del Secco’s home and did not arrest him.

“It was handled with force,” said Del Secco. “It was not handled with diplomacy.”

Connection or Coincidence?

The search of Del Secco’s home comes just weeks after a different incident involving Rohnert Park police officer pulling a gun on a citizen. That man, Don McComas, recorded the confrontation on his cell phone and the viral video triggered a controversy over whether the officer used excessive force in that case.

2 Investigates has uncovered a bizarre connection between the two incidents. Del Secco says he and McComas are coworkers who work side by side in an auto body shop.

Just a few days after McComas posted the cell phone video online, Del Secco wrote a Facebook post on Rohnert Park Police’s page that criticized the officer and the department. It has since been deleted, although other critical posts from different users have been allowed to remain public.

In the post, Del Secco called the Rohnert Park police “gun happy,” saying they “harass citizens,” and that officers would be “looking for revenge.” A week later, three officers showed up at his door.

Del Secco says he believes his Facebook post is “potentially” connected to the reason he received a visit from police.

Chief Masterson called the connection an “odd coincidence.”
    More: http://www.ktvu.com/news/11849391-story

The call:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.ktvu.c...111_ver1.0.pdf

911 call into Rohnert Park Public Safety
    reporting a woman calling for help at 6047 Donna Ct on
    8/11/15 0718 hrs.
    Report 15
    -
    DISPATCHER:
    Rohnert Park 911, state your emergency?
    CALLER:
    Yeah, um I’m over by my house and in my neighbor’s house I hear a woman like screaming like there’s a big argument going on.
    DISPATCHER:
    What’s the address?
    CALLER:
    Um, 6047 Donna Court.
    DISPATCHER:
    Donna?
    CALLER:
    Yeah and I’m like 50 yards away from the house so I can hear.
    DISPATCHER:
    Ok, you hear a man and a woman?
    CALLER:
    I hear a man and a woman. First it was the woman squealing and then I
    hear I heard a low voice of a man. It was silent for a while and it’s starting back up. I don’t know what’s going on but.
    DISPATCHER:
    Ok, does it sound like it’s physical at all or just verbal?
    CALLER:
    Um, no it sounds to the point of uh it could be physical. It’s not like an argument its high pitched like.
    DISPATCHER:
    May be physical?
    CALLER:
    Yeah, it doesn’t sound like the normal I hate you, it sounds
    . . .
    it sounds that’s why I’m calling.
    DISPATCHER:
    Yeah definitely. W
    hat was your name?
    CALLER:
    CALLER NAME HERE
    DISPATCHER:
    Ok and you live on Donna Court as well?
    CALLER:
    Yeah, I live I live XX houses over.
    More.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Just a few bad apples OR a boat load of liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Rohnert Park Cops Raid Home of Man who Criticized Them on FB Over Co-Worker’s Viral Video Incident

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...dent/#comments

Rohnert Park police have managed to find themselves in the spotlight again after yet another resident claims police used excessive force against him.

This time, a man named Greg Del Secco said that police showed up to his home unannounced two weeks ago, so he raised his arms to show that he was not a threat.

But they took that as a sign that he was a threat, grabbing his hands, pulling them behind his back and handcuffing him, forcing him to sit on a curb while they raided his home without a warrant.

B]Their claim: A 911 caller reported hearing a woman screaming for help from inside his home.[/B]

But no screaming woman was even found inside his home.

Del Secco believes the raid was in retaliation for posting critical comments on the department’s Facebook page after the earlier incident involving his co-worker, Don McComas.

It was just a few weeks ago when McComas was outside of his home when a Rohnert Park police officer drew his service weapon and began following him around his property.

Video of the incident, posted below, quickly went viral, leading to officer Dave Rodriguez being placed on paid administrative leave.

Del Secco exercised his First Amendment to express his grievances with the actions of the Rohnert Park police officer towards his fellow coworker.

But his Facebook comment post was subsequently deleted and seven days later, his home was raided by three Rohnert Park police officers.

Chief Steve Masterson claims the connection is an “odd coincidence.”

Del Secco told KTVU that three Rohnert Park police officers came to his house in the early morning and started banging on his door.

Del Secco came to the door and opened it, making sure to keep his hands visible for his safety.

Del Secco was then lead away from his home by armed officers and sat on the curb in front of his house, handcuffed, while officers with drawn guns raided his home, only to come up empty handed.

Concerned neighbors began to take photographs of Del Secco, in a tank top and shorts, sitting handcuffed against his will, in front of his own house.

The Rohnert Park Police Department says the 911 telephone call came from someone claiming to be 200 feet away from Del Secco’s property.

When asked for the 911 recording, Police Chief Steve Masterson claimed he didn’t have to release the tape.

PINAC has since sent a public records request for that 911 tape and will update the story once it has arrived. Del Secco says he wasn’t doing anything wrong, and had no idea why officers visited his home.

Police Chief Steve Masterson says Del Secco was suspicious for putting his hands in the air.

To the rest of America, it’s an indication that citizens are taking extra precautions to prevent themselves from being shot.

Civil rights attorney John Burris agrees with Del Secco, stating he acted appropriately before the officers cuffed him.

(God damned if you do, god damned if you don't. Just another Catch 22 in today's AmeriKa. - AF)

Unfortunately for Chief Masterson, the courts are going to decide.

McComas, through his attorney Daniel Beck, has announced they plan to sue the city.

The lawsuit will be for abuse of power and violation of Mr. McComas’ civil rights.

McComas has had to receive medical care after his incident with the Rohnert Park Police Department.

“He thought he was going to die. He thought he was going to be shot. He thought there was nobody around, nobody can see this,” said Beck.

As for Del Secco, officers did not find anything inside his home and eventually released him.

If you leave a comment on the department’s Facebook page, please make a screenshot in case they delete it, so we can prepare possible legal action against them for censorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

PROTECTING AND SERVING.

SERVING AND PROTECTING.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

glad the cops found another terrorist
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."