Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: TX-Cop executed while pumping gas in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    And what is a LEO?
    Law enforcement officer.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You've seen the posts I have made through the years, showing how many people in prison are actually innocent.

I could not do your, or your husband's job, and still sleep at night, knowing I was party to jailing in rape cages hundreds, perhaps thousands (I do not know how big the facility(s) were/are) of people who were, in fact, innocent.
    Now I imagine you are speaking of innocence. That is, innocent of the crime or non-crime the state accused them of.

If one considers that the majority of those incarcerated are there for victimless 'crimes,' the prison slave labor industry, or any of the other many rackets ran, I can't say I much think there is a good CO, either.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You've seen the posts I have made through the years, showing how many people in prison are actually innocent.
    Another consideration is that many of those in jail or prison who actually *are* guilty are caged for things that shouldn't even be considered "crimes" to begin with (personal drug use, public intoxication, etc).

Many are in jail or prison for things that should just be considered "personal problems" or are really just trumped up codes violations.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-31-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Now I imagine you are speaking of innocence. That is, innocent of the crime or non-crime the state accused them of.

If one considers that the majority of those incarcerated are there for victimless 'crimes,' the prison slave labor industry, or any of the other many rackets ran, I can't say I much think there is a good CO, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Another consideration is that many of those in prison who actually *are* guilty are imprisoned for things that shouldn't even be considered "crimes" to begin with (personal drug use, etc).
    Sure, this is a valid consideration as well.

I'm speaking of those who are actually, in fact, innocent of any real or made up "crime".

Innocent people are routinely railroaded into prison by pressure from cops and DAs to "plead out".

Nope, gonna triple down, cry crocodile tears and complain that we all need to shut the $#@! up and comply.

And this article is so full of horse$#@!...being a cop has never been more safe.

It's different world that you, cops, have created.

You are the ones kicking in our doors 200 times every day.

You are the ones stealing millions of dollars every year in asset forfeitures.

You are the ones shooting our pets indiscriminately.

You are the ones that kill us without justification, lie about and then hide behind the blue wall of silence.

You did this.

Not us.

Police worry about their own safety after killings: 'It's a different world'

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...831-story.html

During his 21 years in law enforcement, Cpl. Wayne Curry hasn't worried much about the approach of strangers.

The Texas officer, like anyone who wears a badge, said he has had his share of run-ins with those who harbor a dislike of the police. But when people have stepped up to him, he said, it is "more likely they want to buy me dinner."

Curry is now thinking twice. He spoke as he watched over a crowd of about 1,500 people gathered at an impromptu memorial at a gas station in a Houston suburb, where an on-duty officer from a neighboring department in Harris County near Houston was gunned down Friday in an apparently unprovoked attack while fueling his car.

"This was an ambush, a coward that took advantage," Curry said.

The killing was the latest in a spate of deadly attacks in which police officers have been the targets. Last week, two Louisiana officers were killed in separate incidents and two officers in Mississippi died in May when they came under fire during a traffic stop.

At least 25 police killings in New York, Pennsylvania, San Jose and elsewhere have rattled police already this year.

(Read that carefully crafted propaganda again. The author intentionally misleads the reader into assuming that 25 killings took place in each of those states. The fact is that is TOTAL FOR THE YEAR ACROSS THE COUNTRY, which is DECREASE of 21% from last year - AF)

And although dozens of police officers are slain on duty in any given year, active and retired police officers across the country said the recent bloodshed feels different. As the nation has been roiled by strong currents of distrust and fear of police that surfaced after last year's killing of Michael Brown by a cop in Ferguson, Mo., an ugly byproduct of the turmoil has been a newfound willingness to do harm to those in uniform, many police officers say.

"The general public has a perception that we may or may not be the good guys," said Curry, 51, a law enforcement veteran who now works with the Harris County Constable's Office.

The scrutiny, some say, is coming in many forms. The U.S. Justice Department is overseeing the operations of several major police departments across the country; police are being sued, investigated, arrested and indicted; a routine traffic stop may be recorded by dashboard video, body camera or a nearby cellphone; an officer in full uniform can get shot while filling up his vehicle at a gas station. None of these are new, but their frequency and the ongoing national debate over policing have crystallized into a sense of being under siege on all fronts, officers said.

(Oh, poor babies. Hey tough $#@!, you built a surveillance state to keep a hairy eyeball on all of US, so it cuts both ways - AF)

"Day to day, you're a little more aware of your surroundings, you're a little more skeptical of people," said Rick Perine, a 17-year veteran of the Mesa, Ariz., Police Department.

Perine said he has found himself being "hyper-vigilant" since the killings in December of two New York City police officers, who were ambushed in their patrol car. Their killer had boasted on social media that he planned to kill cops in retaliation for the deaths of Brown and Eric Garner, who died during an arrest by officers in Staten Island, N.Y. Garner's and Brown's deaths — coming three weeks apart in 2014 — became part of a growing public outrage toward law enforcement.

"These days, if I don't know you, I'm going to be extra guarded around you," Perine said. "It is a different world."

The brazen nature of the shooting in Texas on Friday night echoed the New York City killings.

Darren Goforth, a 10-year veteran of the Harris County Sheriff's Department, was in uniform as he pumped gas at a Chevron station outside Houston when a man approached him from behind and shot him several times, officials said. Goforth, 47, died at the scene, leaving behind a wife and two children, ages 12 and 5.

A suspect in the case, Shannon J. Miles, 31, was being held without bail on a charge of capital murder. Goforth was white and Miles is black, but police have discussed no racial motive in the attack.

Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman told reporters that the investigation so far has not uncovered any connection between Goforth and the suspect, and it appeared he was targeted only because he was a law enforcement officer.

Hickman referred to a "dangerous national rhetoric that is out there today," saying it "has gotten out of control."

(Clearly, the Mundanes must have some limits placed on what type of speech is permitted - AF)

He said Goforth's killer approached from behind and said nothing before opening fire.

It was, he said, a "coldblooded execution."

Social media sites, meanwhile, lighted up with posts speculating about a connection between Goforth's slaying and calls earlier last week for attacks on law enforcement on a Houston-area radio show.

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, a nonprofit group that tracks police deaths, posted figures showing 83 officers have died while on duty so far this year, 10 more than in the same period last year. But, as is typical, traffic accidents have been the most common cause of police deaths and the 25 officers killed in assaults so far this year is about even with 2014, which had seen a sharp rise from the year before, according to the group's figures.

(2013=31 killed by gunfire - 2014=47 killed by gunfire - 2015=23 killed by gunfire www.odmp.org - AF)

Statistics compiled by the FBI show the number of officers "feloniously killed" each year has fluctuated somewhat over the last decade, but it stands at about 50.

Numbers, however, don't tell the whole story, police said. Whether or not violence toward police is up this year, officers said attacks on law enforcement are playing out in a new atmosphere of amplified animosity, in which cops are routinely vilified — fairly or not — by a public on Twitter, YouTube and other social media sites.

The atmosphere surrounding recent incidents of police violence "is more dangerous," said Deon Joseph, a Los Angeles police officer who has spent 17 years working on the city's skid row. Social media now have "the capability of influencing millions with truth and embellished versions of it with the click of a button," he said, and "more people want to hear the sensationalized version than the truth."

In Southern California, memories of Christopher Dorner still hang heavily over the LAPD and other departments. In 2013, years after he was fired from the LAPD for lying, Dorner resurfaced bent on exacting revenge for what he saw as his unfair dismissal.

Vowing to target the police he blamed for his downfall, Dorner ended up killing four people, including two officers, before killing himself during a standoff with police.

For police in the region, perhaps as unsettling as Dorner's willingness to kill were those who took to social media and other outlets to lionize him and applaud his decision to target cops. Stenciled graffiti portraits of Dorner appeared on buildings across Los Angeles in the weeks after the episode with "Dorner Lives" spray-painted below.

Sandra Sheesley, who retired a few years ago after more than 23 years as deputy in the Alameda County Sheriff's Department, was finishing up a trip to New York City on Sunday. Shaken by the Goforth killing in Texas, she felt compelled to visit the NYPD's 84th Precinct house in Brooklyn, where the two officers slain in December had been stationed.

"It's overwhelming for us," Sheesley said.

Sheesley said she can understand both the anger of people demanding reforms to policing in the country and that of police officers who feel they are under siege. She pointed to the Black Lives Matter social movement that has formed in the wake of the Brown killing and the Blue Lives Matter movement that has arisen in response.

"It's sad, because we need our police," Sheesley said. "But there is definitely something that needs to be addressed."

Meanwhile, police in Houston are being more watchful than ever. The Harris County Sheriff's Department, where Goforth was employed, has ordered its deputies to work in pairs.

Curry's department can't afford that luxury. "We don't have the manpower," Curry said. "But we're saying any time you go to get gas, double up. We don't want a copycat."

When I say 50 50 I don't mean 50% are corrupt. I just mean 50% were dicks or the females were bitches. The ones I hung out with were pretty normal folks and wanted nothing more than a peaceful uneventful shift. I left the sheriff department to pursue another avenue. The short time I spent in the jail I will tell you it was not a rape cage nor were many of the people saying they were innocent. We had to keep the rapists and the child molesters separate. They are disgusting people.

LEO..law enforcement officer

Just to be clear, I did whatever possible to keep people out of the justice system. I could not begin to guess the number of times I drove drunks home. But if you crossed that line the second time and did harm to someone I came with a vengeance. Especially if you messed with the kids.
    Last edited by puppetmaster; 08-31-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

(Read that carefully crafted propaganda again. The author intentionally misleads the reader into assuming that 25 killings took place in each of those states. The fact is that is TOTAL FOR THE YEAR ACROSS THE COUNTRY, which is DECREASE of 21% from last year - AF)
    Were they all executions, like this one?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    When I say 50 50 I don't mean 50% are corrupt.
    Noted. How are they paid? Is 'corruption' not a herring?

I just mean 50% were dicks or the females were bitches.
    Noted.

The ones I hung out with were pretty normal folks and wanted nothing more than a peaceful uneventful shift.
    What do you mean, precisely? A few tickets and go home? You had a general appropriate targeting mean, did you not? That's only to say, the shifts could only be so 'uneventful.'

I left the sheriff department to pursue another avenue. The short time I spent in the jail I will tell you it was not a rape cage nor were many of the people saying they were innocent.
    Many have been conditioned to the fact that periodically they will be abducted from their families/friends and locked away with people possibly more violent, misguided, or criminal than they.

They aren't saying they are innocent because they committed the 'crime' (for instance they actually had the half gram of crack). Vices are not crimes. Those actually innocent, even in the eyes of the state, would be a depressing figure.

We had to keep the rapists and the child molesters separate. They are disgusting people.
    Yes, they are.

If one goes in for a felony credit card manufacturing operation, where was he placed? What if the court said he was a possible flight risk? Or was there a separate ward of rapists?

LEO..law enforcement officer
    Law, as in?

Just to be clear, I did whatever possible to keep people out of the justice system. I could not begin to guess the number of times I drove drunks home.
    Awesome. Hopefully later you didn't then figure yourself wise enough to ascribe or enact 'justice,' though.

But if you crossed that line the second time and did harm to someone I came with a vengeance. Especially if you messed with the kids.
    Yeah?

A regular 'Texas Ranger', huh?

How many of your own farts can you smell on the head of a pin?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Were they all executions, like this one?
    No, not at all.

I think there have been five of these incidents this year IIRC.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    How many of your own farts can you smell on the head of a pin?
    Depends on what I ate.

Care to debate the issue of incentivized policing?

Noted.

What do you mean, precisely? A few tickets and go home? You had a general appropriate targeting mean, did you not? That's only to say, the shifts could only be so 'uneventful.'

Many have been conditioned to the fact that periodically they will be abducted from their families/friends and locked away with people possibly more violent, misguided, or criminal than they.

They aren't saying they are innocent because they committed the 'crime' (for instance they actually had the half gram of crack). Vices are not crimes. Those actually innocent, even in the eyes of the state, would be a depressing figure.

Yes, they are.

If one goes in for a felony credit card manufacturing operation, where was he placed? What if the court said he was a possible flight risk? Or was there a separate ward of rapists?

Law, as in?

Awesome. Hopefully later you didn't then figure yourself wise enough to ascribe or enact 'justice,' though.

Yeah?

A regular 'Texas Ranger', huh?
    No performance standards as far as tickets. I do not support the war on drugs nor do I think they should be illegal but the are often a factor in a crime of violence, theft etc. That's why I drove folks home many times. I need a real victim in the crimes I choose to defend and yes I will be a ranger when needed to defend the defenseless. I tried to keep families together but many of these people didn't care about their families.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    No performance standards as far as tickets. I do not support the war on drugs nor do I think they should be illegal. That's why I drove folks home many times. I need a real victim in the crimes I choose to defend and yes I will be a ranger when needed to defend the defenseless. I tried to keep families together but many of these people didn't care about their families.
    I respect the honesty, not the actions.

Individuals mediating impossible situations? Yes, sir. It happens all day long.

The issue derives when paying folks a stipend off the backs of all. Especially when the 'law' is anything but.

I've gone to bat for the 'helpless,' myself. More so than giving them fines or 30 day sentences for drinking in public, too.

I suppose the issue, to me, is whether or not everyone should be robbed to pay to prevent robberies or whether everyone ought be victimized to prevent victimization to which I would argue, 'No.'

Well, time to triple down or stand down, cops?
    God I hope that's not a serious question, given the obvious response that shall be forthcoming.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Well I take the view that no one innocently pumping gas should be killed, under any circumstances. If the cop was hassling someone and being a douche bag, as many of they can and will be.. I can see how tempers might flare. If a cop is coming after one of my kids, or my boxers, he or she is going down scenario.

Cops are really useless. If you have a real life emergency, it takes them forever to get there. They troll all day and all night to write tickets to bring revenue into the state. We all know that, but that is what they are told to do. Many of them are dicks, many are not. The cop problem lies, not in the cops, but those superiors above them who give the orders.
    Yeah, I have to agree. This was, so far as I can tell, an execution. I despise cops, but this guy was off duty as I gathered, and got his brains spread on the pavement with apparently no provocation by just another one of these black $#@!s who drank the koolaid of progressive divisiveness, the purpose of which is to do everything to inflame the emotions of just about everyone at any opportunity. So sorry, but I am long out of tolerance for those who whine "Ooooo... he racis..." Yeah? Really? Well $#@! you if you don't like it because if a man want's to be "racis", that is his business.

I am so sick of this bull$#@! anymore that I really wish some of these people with whom I have no agreement, like Klansmen, would stand up for their views and start getting open about how they feel - not because I agree, which categorically do not, but because it is their right to be $#@!s and it is well past the time that the vast majority of Americans, who are stoopid beyond forgiving, need to get some very serious push-back, even if it comes from people whose positions I find disagreeable. In fact, those are precisely the people from whom we need to be hearing because a fundamental aspect of our human rights turns upon our ability to hold opinions and so-called "values" that others do not like. So I say $#@! it - lets get the Klan and every other jack$#@! yahoo out of their damned closets and into the bright light of the public forum because the whiny, shrieking progressive stooges who might have at one time become decent Americans need a smackdown the way Obama needs a clue.

We need to go on a mad, rampaging campaign of political incorrectness well beyond my meager ravings, that much I can assure the world at large. The progressives need to be stopped dead because that $#@! is sucking the life right out of the sad remnants of this land.
    Last edited by osan; 09-01-2015 at 01:35 AM.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree. This was, so far as I can tell, an execution. I despise cops, but this guy was off duty as I gathered, and got his brains spread on the pavement with apparently no provocation by just another one of these black $#@!s who drank the koolaid of progressive divisiveness, the purpose of which is to do everything to inflame the emotions of just about everyone at any opportunity. So sorry, but I am long out of tolerance for those who whine "Ooooo... he racis..." Yeah? Really? Well $#@! you if you don't like it because if a man want's to be "racis", that is his business.

I am so sick of this bull$#@! anymore that I really wish some of these people with whom I have no agreement, like Klansmen, would stand up for their views and start getting open about how they feel - not because I agree, which categorically do not, but because it is their right to be $#@!s and it is well past the time that the vast majority of Americans, who are stoopid beyond forgiving, need to get some very serious push-back, even if it comes from people whose positions I find disagreeable. In fact, those are precisely the people from whom we need to be hearing because a fundamental aspect of our human rights turns upon our ability to hold opinions and so-called "values" that others do not like. So I say $#@! it - lets get the Klan and every other jack$#@! yahoo out of their damned closets and into the bright light of the public forum because the whiny, shrieking progressive stooges who might have at one time become decent Americans need a smackdown the way Obama needs a clue.

We need to go on a mad, rampaging campaign of political incorrectness well beyond my meager ravings, that much I can assure the world at large. The progressives need to be stopped dead because that $#@! is sucking the life right out of the sad remnants of this land.
    Lol.

Klansman wantonly murdering? Well, "Because it is their right to be $#@!s and it is well past the time that the vast majority of Americans, who are stoopid beyond forgiving, need to get some very serious push-back, even if it comes from people whose positions I find disagreeable" that is okay.

Yet you cry.

You apparently find what's his name's murder disagreeable. Why not agree with it to show what a tough guy you are?

"All the people's saying is it's crazy down in Florida.
    What you sayin', is you playin'? It's the same in California.
    They're gangin' like they're bangin' and will hang you down in Georgia,
    Frame you and then cage you for what you say without a lawyer."

"All the people's saying is it's crazy down in Florida.
    What you sayin', is you playin'? It's the same in California.
    They're gangin' like they're bangin' and will hang you down in Georgia,
    Frame you and then cage you for what you say without a lawyer."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reading "Teh Newz" over coffee I see the word ambush being used in conjunction with coward when referring to this shooting...

What exactly is a SWAT raid if not a well planned and organized ambush?

Which voluntary group of government employees has killed over 700 citizens due to "fearing for their lives"? (cowardice)

Seems a bit of a double standard to me.......

Lol.

Klansman wantonly murdering?
    Show me where I wrote anything about murder. I specifically wrote about speech. More specifically, about OPINIONS and nothing regarding so much as language to incite such as a call to action.

Well, "Because it is their right to be $#@!s and it is well past the time that the vast majority of Americans, who are stoopid beyond forgiving, need to get some very serious push-back, even if it comes from people whose positions I find disagreeable" that is okay.
    That non-sequitur is YOURS and has nothing to do with anything I wrote or with the way I see things. Hello? Come now - you are smarter than that; therefore, I have to ask you what is this really about? It certainly cannot be about anything I wrote, unless you somehow managed to completely misinterpret my words.

Yet you cry.
    Cry? Whatever in the world are you talking about?

You apparently find what's his name's murder disagreeable.
    "What's his name"? Is that supposed to be amusing? A man was brutally murdered and you think it is time to show such disrespect for his life? Nice going. He may have been a class-A scumbag, but I know nothing of that. Unlike some people, I will not condemn him for things I do not know. That he was a cop makes him guilty per sé of certain things, none of them deserving of summary execution. If he was guilty of things worthy of that death, should he not have been afforded the benefit of our due process? Would YOU not want as much, even if guilty - ESPECIALLY if guilty?

Why not agree with it to show what a tough guy you are?
    Sorry pal, but nothing you have written here makes a shred of sense. If you are interested, how about explaining your response so that it makes some grok to mere mortal intellects such as myself? Seriously - I cannot make heads or tails of it, unless it was intended as sarcastic humor and I missed the cue.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So most of this guy's record and time in jail was due to "resisting arrest" or "evading arrest". I think we all know those tend to be some bull$#@! charges, no wonder he held a grudge. Not that this makes murder ok; but it could explain it.
    Yup. I don't see much news, so I don't know what details have emerged since I first heard of this. The sense I got was that this nitwit was all pissy about "racis" cops due to things he had heard and thereby decided to shoot this guy. That's the reason for my reference to "black $#@!" in another post because if true, that is precisely what he is. If there is more to the story, and usually there is, then as you wrote, there may be a more "understandable" explanation.

What annoys me endlessly with cases such as this is how the media treat them - always the hand wringing and crocodile tears without ever once asking what the cops (note the third-person plural) might have done to bring this upon their own heads. Oh never, for the sainted in blue must never be put under any scrutiny. How in hell did this approach to dealing with so much as a news story arise? Not by any application of honest intelligence, that is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    OK, yeah... unless you return to the TRUTH of the Reformation as found in scripture
    I'll spell it out for you.

You and I can be congenial with each other. We can share beers and discuss politics and religion. If we were neighbors I'd be happy to watch your pets while you're out of town. We can be friends in the way that I am friends with Jews and Muslims and Atheists, and I actually count some of them among my best friends.

But theologically, you and I are NOT friends.

To me, you are one of millions of deluded followers of a 16th century innovation in Christendom, who is hopelessly adrift in a sea of bad theology, forced into picking and choosing your own way, treating Christianity like an a-la-carte menu. I'll admit there's a lot of projection going on here, and the fact that I didn't have any of the resources you did at age 20 probably factors heavily into how I feel.

If you were to refrain from pulling punches, you'd have equally (probably more) unkind things to say about me.

In case you don't know, "excommunication" means something specific. It means to bar someone from taking communion. It has nothing to do with kicking someone out of church... at least not in the way you think, because it really has everything to do with it.

You want to excommunicate me? Please! Do it! I do not want your communion! I want nothing to do with your heresy! I thought I made that clear when I stormed out and slammed the door!
    I thought I made that clear when I voluntarily excommunicated myself from Protestantism six years ago, and nobody batted an eye! Nobody cares who is and is not in communion with your Christianity, not even those who are in it! That is the essence of why I left!

So for the sake of me, for the sake of your enemies within Christianity, will you please stop pretending like it's possible for "Biblical Christianity" to rule society? You will make exactly zero progress from people like me who are supposed to be on the same side as you, and yet who have flatly and publicly rejected the centerpieces of your theology (e.g., Sola Scriptura). That is the context of why I brought up the unbelievers - when you add them to those within Christendom who would fight you, you are outnumbered, and by quite a lot.

If you think that devout Protestantism's fraction of control over this society can do something to stop bad cops, please do it! But since I stand outside your Eucharists' tiny sphere of influence, I'm not going to help. I can't. So I'm going to stick to secular suggestions that might be equally ridiculous, but have a real chance at effecting real change.... like abolishing the constabulary altogether.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I'll spell it out for you.

You and I can be congenial with each other. We can share beers and discuss politics and religion. If we were neighbors I'd be happy to watch your pets while you're out of town. We can be friends in the way that I am friends with Jews and Muslims and Atheists, and I actually count some of them among my best friends.

But theologically, you and I are NOT friends.

This is true. Sad... but true.

To me, you are one of millions of deluded followers of a 16th century innovation in Christendom, who is hopelessly adrift in a sea of bad theology, forced into picking and choosing your own way, treating Christianity like an a-la-carte menu. I'll admit there's a lot of projection going on here, and the fact that I didn't have any of the resources you did at age 20 probably factors heavily into how I feel.
    Yeah, and to me you are one of millions of deluded followers of a Church that doesn't follow scripture.

If you were to refrain from pulling punches, you'd have equally (probably more) unkind things to say about me.
    Yeah, probably.
    In case you don't know, "excommunication" means something specific. It means to bar someone from taking communion.
    '

Yes, I'm aware.

It has nothing to do with kicking someone out of church... at least not in the way you think, because it really has everything to do with it.
    I realize this. Barring someone from communion is equivalent to denying them membership.
    You want to excommunicate me? Please! Do it! I do not want your communion! I want nothing to do with your heresy! I thought I made that clear when I stormed out and slammed the door!
    My point wasn't really about you, my point was about Protestants who choose to be police officers. They should be disciplined by their churches. And really, much as I dislike Rome and the Eastern Orthodox Church, if either of them were to do this I'd support them in it as well.

I thought I made that clear when I voluntarily excommunicated myself from Protestantism six years ago, and nobody batted an eye! Nobody cares who is and is not in communion with your Christianity, not even those who are in it! That is the essence of why I left!
    This is actually a legitimate problem.
    So for the sake of me, for the sake of your enemies within Christianity, will you please stop pretending like it's possible for "Biblical Christianity" to rule society? You will make exactly zero progress from people like me who are supposed to be on the same side as you, and yet who have flatly and publicly rejected the centerpieces of your theology (e.g., Sola Scriptura). That is the context of why I brought up the unbelievers - when you add them to those within Christendom who would fight you, you are outnumbered, and by quite a lot.
    We are outnumbered indeed. But I trust in God's promises. Evenetually the knowledge of the Lord will cover the earth like the waters cover the sea. Until then we should keep preaching, keep fighting, and trust God.

If you think that devout Protestantism's fraction of control over this society can do something to stop bad cops, please do it! But since I stand outside your Eucharists' tiny sphere of influence, I'm not going to help. I can't. So I'm going to stick to secular suggestions that might be equally ridiculous, but have a real chance at effecting real change.... like abolishing the constabulary altogether.
    Honestly, I'm not sure what exactly would happen if every conservative Presbytery, conservative baptist churches, and so forth started turning against the police, but at the least it would make life easier for those of us who are against them, and it would definitely change Christian culture which is more immediately pressing to me than changing secular culture.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Exactly my point, it sounds like its quite possible this guy has had his life repeatedly screwed up by cops for not really doing anything.
    But if true, the fact will NEVER be raised, much less questioned, in the MSM. There is the tacit assumption that cops are always rights and it is enforced with great prejudice such that when a cop is caught red-handed, the spin machine always goes into overdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Miles figured out that the cop problem is a cop problem. He figured out that a cop is a cop is a cop. He figured out that the "good" cops do nothing about the "bad" cops, and that therefore there is no difference.

He might even have read at some point about the Nuremburg Trials and how principle 4 specifically states that your "just following orders" excuse is no more an excuse for cops than it was for the Nazis we sent to the gallows for it.

He has lived a life of consistent and baseless harassment from cops, and they probably pushed him across the rubicon some time ago making him basically unemployable. I will bet money that if you look into his life you will probably find he is also not married and likely also had trouble keeping relationships due to the legal trouble. His family may also have disowned him based just on the cops' bull$#@! charges.

So yeah, I totally understand if he didn't want to go through the effort of finding the exact cops who ruined his life for no reason, because they are actually all the same.
    Still doesn't make what he did right if the cop he killed had never done him wrong. Deserving a pink slip and a day in the unemployment line is not the same as deserving execution. I would fire every cop on the planet yesterday, were I so empowered. I would not, however, see a cop imprisoned or otherwise harmed if he was not demonstrably guilty of a felony while acting under the mantle of the public trust. Those are very different things and if we are to remain a society of decent men, we'd damned better not forget it.

I understand. Its still not right.
    Depends. If that cop had committed a crime and had not been called to account and make whole that which he violated, I would have to differ with you on this point, which predicates on the availability AND proper dispensation of justice for both the perpetrator of the crime and his victims. When the courts fail to uphold the laws they so vociferously proclaim to those of the land, all bets are off as far as I am concerned. That being the case, this sort of circumstance stands to give rise to REALLY bad things. Therefore, courts and other relevant agents of justice are trebly criminal in their failure to discharge their duties with timeliness, competence, and vigorous faith to their oaths. On that basis, they should see the insides of supermax prisons for not a second under ten years, general population. If they die or are grossly harmed during their tenure, tough $#@!. The public trust is THAT important and THAT sacred. Trespass there at your peril.

Vigilantism isn't Biblical.

Firstly, biblicality is irrelevant insofar as law and its just application are concerned. We are able to derive proper law from the principles of proper human relations and should be able to apply them competently with no reference to the bible.

Secondly, vigilantism is perfectly acceptable, provided that justice is served, particularly when those commonly entrusted with its service fail to honor their obligations to serve their fellows as sworn. I repeat: under such circumstances, all bets are off. If someone murders a man's child and those responsible for bringing the guilty to justice fail to do so, for whatever reasons, he may assert his right to dispense justice by his own hand. So reserving, he would reside centrally within his rightful prerogative to hunt the killer as if a wild hog and take care of business with the manner and degree of cruelty deemed fitting of the crimes in question. No man holds any authority to judge another on such points, assuming the right individual is held to account.

Rights either mean everything, or they mean nothing. Which shall it be?
    Last edited by osan; 09-01-2015 at 10:02 AM.

God I hope that's not a serious question, given the obvious response that shall be forthcoming.
    Rhetorical.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a difference. Moses was defending his fellow Hebrew from oppression. That's justice. I could perhaps see an argument that using lethal force to defend another person against unjust arrest based on this. But a cop pumping gas doesn't qualify.
    For Christ's sake, get a damned dictionary.

[vij-uh-lan-tee]
    Spell Syllables

noun1.a member of a vigilance committee.

2.any person who takes the law into his or her own hands, as by avenging a crime.

Do you need a picture drawn?

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Reading "Teh Newz" over coffee I see the word ambush being used in conjunction with coward when referring to this shooting...

What exactly is a SWAT raid if not a well planned and organized ambush?

Which voluntary group of government employees has killed over 700 citizens due to "fearing for their lives"? (cowardice)

Seems a bit of a double standard to me.......
    It's a huge double standard, and the usual propaganda line and crocodile tears.

The same thing is said about the war of occupation overseas.

The man who lays down his life for his cause, in an asymmetrical warfare attack against a vastly superior enemy, is a "coward".

The man who kills by tapping a touchscreen in an air conditioned control shack, 5000 miles from the field of battle, is a "hero".

Show me where I wrote anything about murder. I specifically wrote about speech. More specifically, about OPINIONS and nothing regarding so much as language to incite such as a call to action.

That non-sequitur is YOURS and has nothing to do with anything I wrote or with the way I see things. Hello? Come now - you are smarter than that; therefore, I have to ask you what is this really about? It certainly cannot be about anything I wrote, unless you somehow managed to completely misinterpret my words.

Cry? Whatever in the world are you talking about?

"What's his name"? Is that supposed to be amusing? A man was brutally murdered and you think it is time to show such disrespect for his life? Nice going. He may have been a class-A scumbag, but I know nothing of that. Unlike some people, I will not condemn him for things I do not know. That he was a cop makes him guilty per sé of certain things, none of them deserving of summary execution. If he was guilty of things worthy of that death, should he not have been afforded the benefit of our due process? Would YOU not want as much, even if guilty - ESPECIALLY if guilty?

Sorry pal, but nothing you have written here makes a shred of sense. If you are interested, how about explaining your response so that it makes some grok to mere mortal intellects such as myself? Seriously - I cannot make heads or tails of it, unless it was intended as sarcastic humor and I missed the cue.

Thanks.
    I apologize. I assumed the Klan getting open about how they felt was more than them simply holding Klan rallies and passing out literature. Perhaps it was the, "The progressives need to be stopped dead because that $#@! is sucking the life right out of the sad remnants of this land," that led me to such a conclusion?

In any case, you speak all the time about this and that. 'Stopping people dead' and equally visceral rhetoric. I wonder if Thomas Jefferson wrote tearful OP eds about the tax collectors hanging from trees?

Now if you want to argue that this was as senseless as most any murder, then yes, I agree. I don't get all worked up when a Crip shoots a Blood or when the neighborhood bully gets gunned down in the street, either. Why? Because their lives didn't warrant as much. At best, from me, you might get an indifferent, "meh."

Live by the sword and all that.

Now is saying that justifying what happened? No. It is not. You cannot justify it. But looking at the causes realistically, I cannot find a single $#@! to give. Hell, they can laugh about blowing up a baby and I'm the $#@! for pointing out that one, this guy never so much as spoke out against the countless abuses occurring all around him (much less, I don't know, actually arrest the criminals) and that two, had he not done what he did for a living, he'd probably be alive today.

Tell me, the last twenty people killed in Harris County by the police, was he the one leading the eulogies? No? Well surely he was the one leading the city shutting down funeral procession. Oh, they didn't get that? Well I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that he was the one who handed out bulk cash payments to help the family, hell, he probably donated himself. Oh that never happened and the families of those murdered men aren't going to receive a lifetime of checks? Hmmm.

I am sorry that the world isn't butterflies and rainbows. I want nothing more than peaceful voluntary interaction. Unfortunately there are bands of marauders roaming the streets.

I have to watch what I even say for fear of a knock at the door and you want me to cry over this? $#@! that motherfucker. Yeah, I said it. Same as I would say, "$#@! 'Murda'," when his little ghetto ass gets gunned down in the projects.

Be sure to forward this post to the Rutherford Institute when men such as the deceased show up and cage me for thinking too much.

Still doesn't make what he did right if the cop he killed had never done him wrong. Deserving a pink slip and a day in the unemployment line is not the same as deserving execution. I would fire every cop on the planet yesterday, were I so empowered. I would not, however, see a cop imprisoned or otherwise harmed if he was not demonstrably guilty of a felony while acting under the mantle of the public trust. Those are very different things and if we are to remain a society of decent men, we'd damned better not forget it.

Depends. If that cop had committed a crime and had not been called to account and make whole that which he violated, I would have to differ with you on this point, which predicates on the availability AND proper dispensation of justice for both the perpetrator of the crime and his victims. When the courts fail to uphold the laws they so vociferously proclaim to those of the land, all bets are off as far as I am concerned. That being the case, this sort of circumstance stands to give rise to REALLY bad things. Therefore, courts and other relevant agents of justice are trebly criminal in their failure to discharge their duties with timeliness, competence, and vigorous faith to their oaths. On that basis, they should see the insides of supermax prisons for not a second under ten years, general population. If they die or are grossly harmed during their tenure, tough $#@!. The public trust is THAT important and THAT sacred. Trespass there at your peril.

Firstly, biblicality is irrelevant insofar as law and its just application are concerned. We are able to derive proper law from the principles of proper human relations and should be able to apply them competently with no reference to the bible.

Secondly, vigilantism is perfectly acceptable, provided that justice is served, particularly when those commonly entrusted with its service fail to honor their obligations to serve their fellows as sworn. I repeat: under such circumstances, all bets are off. If someone murders a man's child and those responsible for bringing the guilty to justice fail to do so, for whatever reasons, he may assert his right to dispense justice by his own hand. So reserving, he would reside centrally within his rightful prerogative to hunt the killer as if a wild hog and take care of business with the manner and degree of cruelty deemed fitting of the crimes in question. No man holds any authority to judge another on such points, assuming the right individual is held to account.

Rights either mean everything, or they mean nothing. Which shall it be?
    That's not true. Secularists have no single standard of objective right and wrong, just and unjust. They NEED God. If they don't choose the God of the bible or some other religion, they will create their own deity. If history is a guide, the secularists will deify some charismatic philosopher or State actor or the State apparatus generally. For example, the Soviets deified Lenin and the Americans deified the "Founding Fathers".
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast