Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drudge: ISIS Calls For Gold Standard; Plots Blow to Financial System

Drudge: ISIS Calls For Gold Standard; Plots Blow to Financial System

The Gold Standard
    A Monetary Policy So Pure Even Zealots Give Their Blessing

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...of-corruption/

Islamic State Plotting ‘Second Blow’ to U.S. Financial System in Bid to ‘Purify the Earth of Corruption’

Aug. 30, 2015 8:44am Sharona Schwartz

Shares

The Islamic State group revealed over the weekend that at the centerpiece of its goal to bring down America is a concerted effort to weaken the U.S. dollar and replace it with gold currency.

A video posted Saturday warned of the “dawning of a new age” in which replacing the dollar with gold would deliver “the second blow to America’s capitalist financial system of enslavement … casting into ruins their fraudulent dollar note.”

The first blow, it said, was the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center.

(Screenshot: Islamic State group video)The Islamic State group vowed to destroy the U.S. dollar and replace it with

gold dinars.

The English-language video included archival footage from U.S. news channels, including a 2007 clip of Ron Paul sounding the alarm over the vulnerability of the dollar.

Produced by the Islamic State’s Al Hayat Media, the extremist Sunni group positioned itself as leading the fight against fiat currency by minting caliphate gold, silver and bronze coins. It named them after historical Islamic caliphate coins: the gold dinar, the silver dirham and the bronze fals (or the plural fulus).

Its dedication to gold – and opposition to paper notes – was grounded in the Quran, excerpts of which appeared onscreen in the video.

It vowed to sell oil for gold – like this caliphate gold dinar – not “fraudulent” bank notes. (Screenshot: Islamic State group)

The 55-minute video, posted on forums used by the jihadist group’s supporters, reviewed international monetary policy since World War I to make its case against the dollar.

The American-accented narrator accused the U.S. of “heading a capitalist financial system of enslavement underpinned by a piece of paper called the Federal Reserve dollar note which they alone printed and imposed on the rest of the world.”

The Islamist group likened its military efforts, shown in a montage of exploding buildings and militants firing their automatic weapons, to financial warfare against America’s “satanic financial system.”

It described the introduction of its gold dinar coin as “blessed” by Allah, as the “prophesy of prophet now unfolding” and as an effort to “purify the earth of corruption.”

The group vowed that in the future, it would sell oil only in exchange for gold, not “fraudulent” paper bills.
    The video railed against the modern financial system, including the unbridled printing of banknotes, “abhorrent” interest, fractional-reserve banking, deficit spending, and the petro-dollar system.

The Islamic State group’s video used a 2007 clip of Ron Paul warning about the vulnerability of the dollar.

“One of the great forms of corruption that the world came to witness was the dark rise of banknotes borne out of the satanic conception of banks which mutated into a fraudulent … financial system of enslavement orchestrated by the Federal Reserve in America, a private corporation and system that would, through the use of deceit and force, deprive people of their due by imposing on them the usage of the piece of paper that came to be known as the dollar bill,” the narrator said.

“It is the Federal Reserve banknote that they alone print and would go on to replace gold and silver which Allah created as the standard mediums of exchange for the purchase of goods and services,” he added.

The video was filled with anti-Semitic comments and boasted of the Islamic State group’s honesty in producing its coins, making sure it is of proper purity, using even weights to avoid fraud.

It also touted other plusses of using gold, which can be divided into smaller pieces and melted into jewelry, ensuring wealth maintenance.

The Islamic State group described the U.S. abandoning of the gold standard as a “great theft.”
    “The dollar has in fact lost almost all of its value since the Federal Reserve came into existence,” the video asserted.

To drive home its point, it included a 2007 clip of then U.S. Congressman Ron Paul describing how the devaluation of the dollar robs people of their savings.

“People’s money being stolen, people who have saved. They’re being robbed. If you have a devaluation of the dollar at 10 percent people have been robbed of 10 percent,”
    Paul said.

In June, the jihadist group posted photos of its freshly minted coins that reportedly were inspired by the original dinar used during the Caliphate of Uthman in 634. One side of the coin showed a map of the world, reflecting the Islamist organization’s designs to spread the caliphate around the globe.
    Last edited by presence; 08-31-2015 at 01:14 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm speechless. Have no clue how to respond to this. After all, this group is funded by the U.S. Government and driving around in American army vehicles. This looks more like an "Anonymous" video.

got a link for the 55 min tube?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    This looks more like an "Anonymous" video.
    Wait... I thought they were with the CIA and driving around in army vehicles too.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Wait... I thought they were with the CIA and driving around in army vehicles too.
    I didn't read that, but can't say I'm one bit surprised lol.

It's just a thought, but I don't know if it's a good idea to have Ron Paul and ISIS together as the thread title. Perception is everything. Just sayin.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Is anyone surprised that the goons would use every tool in their toolbox against liberty? Of course these ISIS goons were trained by the US goons and possibly still have connections. It makes sense that this would be used as a propaganda bullet targeting those who promote liberty... If only "the people" had half-a-brain...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm speechless. Have no clue how to respond to this. After all, this group is funded by the U.S. Government and driving around in American army vehicles. This looks more like an "Anonymous" video.
    Maybe the same CIA section is responsible for both Anonymous and ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Maybe the same CIA section is responsible for both Anonymous and ISIS.
    Possibly so... I never thought of it, because my favorite movie is V for Vendetta where the mask originated.

Because quoting Charles Krauthammer or Netanyahu would have been bit too inconvenient for ISIS' masters?

Netanyahu advised US against attacking ISIS, wants violence between ISIS-Iran

Controversial zionist Charles Krauthammer making neocons' case for alliance with Al Qaeda:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

ISIS = RM 2.0

Related

Michelle Obama Gets Chilling Mention in Islamic State Magazine Article, ‘Slave-Girls or Prostitutes?’

May. 22, 2015
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...r-prostitutes/

TheBlaze is an independent news and entertainment television network and website founded by conservative talk radio personality Glenn Beck.

Possibly so... I never thought of it, because my favorite movie is V for Vendetta where the mask originated.
    It might have been popularized by that film, but it is definitely not where the mask originated.

ISIS isn't the only Islamic group coining dinars and dirhams. "Muslims for Liberty" are also selling silver dirham (Bullion) to help finance the liberty movement in, I think, Pakistan. They were for sale at PorcFest this summer. 14.875 grams of fine silver = 5 dirham.

And this is an interesting link to other links: http://www.similarsites.com/site/norwichconference.com

How long before ISIS endorses Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    How long before ISIS endorses Rand?
    Rand actually did try to work with ISIS.

They called his dad wanting pointers on how to set up a sound money system using gold so Rand went to the Middle East to teach them in exchange for freeing some American prisoners and other refugees.

Unfortunately, they kidnapped Rand and forced him to perform eye surgery for their jihadists. But secretly Rand used his scientific expertise to construct a bionic suit which he used to escape. While the suits technology was too advanced to be released to the public, Rand was able to license the storyline to Marvel.

And that's how the Iron Man movies came about.

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

This is a dangerous game they're playing. There are people who won't automatically assume there's nothing but evil to see here just because it's hung with the ISIS label, and will think about the Incredible Shrinking Petrodollar.

Smells of desperation. But it will work on those people whose cognitive dissonance goes into overdrive when you try to make them see just who created ISIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mine too! I have it on my phone and watch it when I'm not doing anything...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...-will-it-work/

Did ISIS really put together an hour-long documentary on the collapse of the dollar from an Austrian/free-market perspective, featuring archival footage of, among others, Ron Paul and Jim Rickards? Or is somebody at the Fed or CIA trying to paint gold standard people as an ISIS-backing fifth column? Today’s Liberty Report takes a look at the strange new “ISIS” video and the gold standard:

Watching now.

ETA related: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eation-of-ISIS
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-31-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Did ISIS really put together an hour-long documentary on the collapse of the dollar from an Austrian/free-market perspective, featuring archival footage of, among others, Ron Paul and Jim Rickards? Or is somebody at the Fed or CIA trying to paint gold standard people as an ISIS-backing fifth column?
    Drudge didn't name their article what the OP did. Ron's name wasn't in it. It's not smart to mention Ron's name and ISIS together in a thread title. Because casual readers will associate them.

Why are we helping the MSM hurt our cause?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

I know, LE. I checked Drudge right after I saw the thread and there was no mention of Ron Paul whatsoever on Drudge. I reported it and asked the mods to change it.

Drudge: ISIS Calls For Gold Standard; Plots Blow to Financial System

Good Liberty Report on this though! They all are. That man is prolific!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one LE.

Its an interesting article about an even more interesting video.
    Its of importance to RPF reader because:

It includes a clip of Ron.
    The video calls for a return to gold standard.
    It highlights that Muslims have intrinsic religious values regarding coinage and usury.

Perhaps, through the lens of diplomacy we find a monetary coalition ally one day in Islam.

See, I thought we had an election going on. Silly me. Entertaining RPF members is more important. Got it.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    See, I thought we had an election going on. Silly me. Entertaining RPF members is more important. Got it.
    Maybe we can turn more Muslims to the Liberty Movement by shining a light on our monetary policy;

moar muslims = moar votes

U-LU-LU-LU-LU-LU-LU-LU!!!
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I primarily clicked on the thread BECAUSE it indicated ISIS was referencing Ron Paul. That is the important fact of the article. Now that you've campaigned to have that removed, Ron Paul supporters will be unaware.

Bad call.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Don't forget who V was working for....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one LE.

Its an interesting article about an even more interesting video.
    Its of importance to RPF reader because:

It includes a clip of Ron.
    The video calls for a return to gold standard.
    It highlights that Muslims have intrinsic religious values regarding coinage and usury.

Perhaps, through the lens of diplomacy we find a monetary coalition ally one day in Islam.
    Do you really think the bombed-out peeps of the middle east care about economics? Really?

This is just someone else trying once again to associate us with the devil himself. That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

it sets the precedent that anyone who likes the gold standard is a terrorist.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Do you really think the bombed-out peeps of the middle east care about economics? Really?

Bombed out peeps in the middle east don't vote. I was talking about the exponentially growing US Islamic population being drawn to the liberty movement for theological economic policy reasons.

This is just someone else trying once again to associate us with the devil himself. That's all.
    lemons to lemonaide for the win

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Economics is pretty much all they care about.

Its Americans living on 0 interest payment mortgages as if money is free that don't care about economics.

Strategically, getting oil bourses to exchange Oil directly for gold.... would be a very serious blow to the US. Its a great idea for them
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast