Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New evidence of Russian involvement in Syrian civil war

New evidence of Russian involvement in Syrian civil war

New evidence proves Russian military directly engaging in Syrian Civil War

The regime's offensive in the Lattakia Governorate continues to reveal previously unknown details about Russia's involvement in the Syrian Civil War. Apart from the sighting of recently delivered Russian BTR-82A infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs), new evidence now confirmes Russian military personnel has a key role in leading the offensive on the ground.

Sound fragments heard in a news report from the Media Wing of the National Defence Force (NDF) covering the offensive in Lattakia, which was also the first to reveal the presence of BTR-82As in Syria, confirm earlier accounts of Russian military personnel being sent to Lattakia in support of the ongoing regime operations in this area. Together with the Syrian Arab Army (SyAA) and the recently arrived Republican Guard, the NDF launched a new offensive aimed at recapturing territory previously lost to the rebels in North-Eastern Lattakia. If it proves successful, the offensive will greatly enhance the regime's control over its currently endangered heartland, and provide a serious blow to rebel forces.

The conversation is difficult to hear due to the booming noise coming from the BTR-82A's 30mm 2A72 autocannon, yet certain phrases can be made out, including calls to resume fire support and at some point "Павлин, павлин, мы выходим", which translates to "Peacock, Peacock, we are moving out" (Peacock presumably being a callsign).

A translation from 2:03 to 2:30 of the video is provided below:

2:03: ''Давай!'' - Give me/Come on!

2:06: ''Бросай!'' - Throw!

2:10: "Ещё раз! Ещё давай!'' - Once again! Do it again!

2:30: "Павлин, павлин, мы выходим" - Peacock, Peacock [callsign], we are moving out.

Although only little of the conversation is heard, it appears to be directed at the crew of the BTR-82A, implicating the vehicle was in fact operated by Russian military personnel.However, when the subject of Russian personnel being sent to Syria was raised on the 4th of August to Vladimir Putin's press secretary, following comments made by the head of Russia's Airborne Troops, he reportedly denied requests of such nature had been made by the Syrian regime.

Interestingly, this is not the first indication of Russian ground involvement in the Syrian Civil War this month. The news website Souria Net reported on the 12th of August that Russian military personnel was dispatched to the village of Slanfah (some 30 kilometres East of Lattakia) to defend against the rebels' advance on the primarily Alawite ground.

Consequently, the pro-regime newspaper al-Watan ("The Homeland") published an article on the 26th of August claiming Russia is expanding its presence in Syria by constructing a new military base in Jablah, a coastal city in the Lattakia Governorate some 25 kilometres South of Lattakia itself. The same article mentions a variety of rumours and conspiracy theories regarding Western and Russian meddling in the Syrian Civil War including the much-publicised but ultimately false story of the deliveryof six Russian MiG-31 interceptors last month, as well as the supposed start of handing satellite imagery to pro-regime forces by Russia. Although no evidence towards the the provision of satellite imagery has been found before, it is known that Russia supported the Syrian regime both prior to and during the Civil War with signals intelligence (SIGINT) through its Center-S, S-2 and (presumably) S-3 intelligence gathering facilities, the first of which was captured on the 5th of October 2014.

The news also coincides with an upsurge of sightings of Russian-made drones in Syrian skies, further indicating the initiation ofnovel intelligence programmes in recent months.

While the fact that Russian military contractors have operated in Syria before might lead one to argue the conversation in Russian might not have been made by Russian military personnel, it should be noted that the probability of such contractors operating an advanced weapons system like the BTR-82A are very slim. Additionally, the Russian government actually forbids the deployment of contractors in Syria, and the FSB detained the leadership of the so-called Slavonic Corps upon return to Russia (which was in October 2013). Of course, the statements made by Syrian media corroborate the notion of Russian enlisted personel in Syria, further undermining any arguments that could be made towards the theory that the exchange in the video was made by private military contractors.

Obviously, this evidence of secretive Russian military involvement in Syria does not represent an isolated occurance: much-publicised reports of Russian military personnel operating in the Ukraine and years of unabating (even increasing) support to the Syrian regime serve as a testament to Russia's dedication towards protecting its foreign interests, even if this means getting directly entangled in open conflict. The fact that such a stealthy intervention now appears to be occurring once again increases the uncertainty of Syria's future, and may spell the onset of much wider Russian participation in a war that nears its half-decade mark.

Special thanks to PFC_Joker.

http://spioenkop.blogspot.de/2015/08...itary.html?m=1

If anyone here can confirm this, I would much appreciate it. I will be checking Russian news/propaganda outlets for developments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone here can confirm this, I would much appreciate it. I will be checking Russian news/propaganda outlets for developments.
    I assume this you also now support the Free Syrian Army which aren't any Democratic nor moderate? Russian propaganda for news on Syria? to tell you the truth honestly.
    The western news outlets haven't being very honest nor truthfully when it comes to the news from Syria, Russian news sites have being the only ones showing you the what was actually going on in Syria.

Unlike CNN or Fox where they had being claiming and calling the Syrian Rebels as Ordinary freedom fighters.

I love how you Free Syrian Army supporters have being using blogs as a laughable evidence.

--
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 08-30-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I assume this you also now support the Free Syrian Army which aren't any Democratic nor moderate? Russian propaganda for news on Syria? to tell you the truth honestly.
    The western news outlets haven't being very honest nor truthfully when it comes to the news from Syria, Russian news sites have being the only ones showing you the what was actually going on in Syria.

Unlike CNN or Fox where they had being claiming and calling the Syrian Rebels as Ordinary freedom fighters.

I love how you Free Syrian Army supporters have being using blogs as a laughable evidence.
    Do you realize I made no value statement in the OP (and in fact very clearly asked for verification of the story)? Are you trolling or just dumb as a box of $#@!ing rocks? And -rep back at ya, dip$#@!.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Do you realize I made no value statement in the OP? Are you trolling or just dumb as a box of $#@!ing rocks? And -rep back at ya, dip$#@!.
    Are you aware that trolls, don't stay here very long? how fitting for you to claim that i am trolling you and you claim i am dumb ? how nice.

-I love how you accuse me of being dump yet i have being following the conflict a lot longer then most had.

-If i was a troll wouldn't trolls be banned in a day or so?

for a moment i thought u posted this in a support of the Free Syrian Army.

Are you aware that trolls, don't stay here very long? how fitting for you to claim that i am trolling you and you claim i am dumb ? how nice.
    The question mark (?) indicates the interrogative tone. Do you understand this? I asked you if you're a troll. The proper response from you is either "yes" or "no".

-I love how you accuse me of being dump yet i have being following the conflict a lot longer then most had.
    If this were so, you could discuss the matter intelligently. You can't, so I don't believe you. I've also been following this longer than most, as many people in my church are of Syrian descent. So?

-If i was a troll wouldn't trolls be banned in a day or so?
    Not necessarily. Some are more subtle and fly under the mod radar for a while.

for a moment i thought u posted this in a support of the Free Syrian Army.
    Consider yourself corrected.

The question mark (?) indicates the interrogative tone. Do you understand this? I asked you if you're a troll. The proper response from you is either "yes" or "no".

If this were so, you could discuss the matter intelligently. You can't, so I don't believe you. I've also been following this longer than most, as many people in my church are of Syrian descent. So?

Consider yourself corrected
    So i was right. You then support the same Barbarians the FSA who are allied with ISIS. Ironic of your so called evidence from a German based blog yeah very reliable.

Are you aware that your beloved Sunni Free Army Army are killing and forcing Christians out? sounds to me that the one's trolling for the Free Syrian Army to gain them the support here is you.

Once Assad is taken out Syria will look like alot like Libya and a lot of more Syrian will migrant then. I love how you claim that you belong to a church that has Syrian descent.

You were quite aggressive when i challenged your BS on Syria. Yet thats the same response we anti-interventionists always get from scums like you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Actually no.

[QUOTE]If this were so, you could discuss the matter intelligently. You can't, so I don't believe you. I've also been following this longer than most, as many people in my church are of Syrian descent. So?[/QUOTE

The way you responded to me once i attacked your Free Syrian Army brand terrorists in my reply to wasn't very intelligently. Or when i mentioned the gulf arab states arming them.

You became very aggressive. Was that intelligently? nope

I've also been following this longer than most, as many people in my church are of Syrian descent. So
    You remind me the same people who were so pro Libyan intervention and now your kind is closed mouth because perople like you are the ones causing this mess in Europe and middle east.

But don't get me wrong Assad is the only protecting the Christians i have failed to see your beloved child soldiers the Free Syrian Army protecting any of none Sunni minorities in Syria.

So when you used the following line in your thread.
    I will be checking Russian news/propaganda outlets for developments.

Don't make me laugh, at least the Russian media have being the only ones showing the truth on Syria and middle east i have failed to see how reliable the western propaganda mainstream news media has being on the matter.

So please educate yourself further.

Sharmine Narwani is a source on the middle east and i have known her since the failed arab springs have started. My name on twitter has being on the news during the moments when war mongers like you who pretend to be libertarians wanted an intervention into Syria so derspatealy at the same moment while Libya was slowly flowing into chaos and being completely whitewashed by the western media.

http://www.rt.com/op-edge/313792-tur...c-state-syria/

When it comes to the Balkans, Mediterranean issues please don't call yourself an expert.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 08-31-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Russia absolutely has the moral high ground to bomb ISIS & help Assad regime keep power.

Crazy, but true.

Well, ynet confirms:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...696268,00.html

EDIT: Credit: Found on ZeroHedge.com
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Russia absolutely has the moral high ground to bomb ISIS & help Assad regime keep power.

Crazy, but true.
    I agree
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I hope Russia is finally going to step up in a big way and rescue Syria from western backed jihadists without being bogged down they they did in Afghanistan. Hopefully with oil prices finally going up again, Russia can have the funds to give this one final push and smash these sub human rebel fighters once and for all

Viva SAA.

So when you used the following line in your thread.

Don't make me laugh, at least the Russian media have being the only ones showing the truth on Syria and middle east i have failed to see how reliable the western propaganda mainstream news media has being on the matter.

So please educate yourself further.
    Here you go babbling out your ass again.

I won't even dignify this absurdity with an answer.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You remind me the same people who were so pro Libyan intervention and now your kind is closed mouth because perople like you are the ones causing this mess in Europe and middle east.
    I remind you of those people because I oppose Libyan intervention? Damn, son, you're short a few marbles.

But don't get me wrong Assad is the only protecting the Christians i have failed to see your beloved child soldiers the Free Syrian Army protecting any of none Sunni minorities in Syria.
    Nice flailing at strawmen. Piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Well, ynet confirms:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...696268,00.html

EDIT: Credit: Found on ZeroHedge.com
    +rep See? That's all I was asking of you people.

I remind you of those people because I oppose Libyan intervention? Damn, son, you're short a few marbles.

Nice flailing at strawmen. Piss off.

Right sure, thats why you support a intervention in Syria.

Right sure, thats why you support a intervention in Syria.
    False. You're either a troll or too damn dense to understand basic English. Welcome to ignore.

False. You're either a troll or too damn dense to understand basic English. Welcome to ignore.
    dense to understand basic English
    I speak and can write pretty well English. Again for a moment i though you were supporting the Free Syrian Army. Another thing if i was a troll i would be just spamming different threads and posts.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...id/524586.html

Putin Reiterates Russian Support for Assad's Syria, Promises Aid

Reuters Jun. 29 2015 16:23

AMMAN/BEIRUT — Syria's foreign minister said in Moscow on Monday Russia had promised to send political, economic and military aid to his country, where the army is coming under some of the heaviest pressure since the start of the civil war.

Insurgent groups have made gains against government forces in northwest, central and southern Syria in the past two months but Damascus has voiced confidence that it can hold on to important territory with the help of its allies.

"I got a promise of aid to Syria - politically, economically and militarily," Walid al-Moualem said at a televised news conference after meeting Russian President Vladimir Putin. He did not give details.

Putin said earlier on Monday there was no change in Russia's support for the Syrian leadership.

Syria has relied on help from its allies - Russia, Iran and Lebanese Shi'ite group Hezbollah - in the four-year conflict that has killed more than 220,000 people and convulsed the region.

At the news conference with Moualem, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov reiterated Moscow's stance that calling for Syrian regime change was aiding the expansion of hardline groups, which have become some of the strongest in the war.
    More at link.

I've been seeing more news articles relating to this lately. Trying to paint the narrative that Russia is intervening in Syria. Yet, all the reports are the same. Taking quotes from "unconfirmed" sources.

Russia is doing what we should be. Only hope everyone calls their Gov Rep & demands to stop all funding to opposition in Syria.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe Israel and the U.S. Should back off.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Maybe Israel and the U.S. Should back off.
    Indeed they should.

Eastern Ukraine and Ukraine in general as well that part of areas aren't theirs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...civil-war.html

Vladimir Putin confirms Russian military involvement in Syria's civil war

Russian president talks of desire for "international coalition" to fight terrorism and extremism and does not rule out possibility of direct military intervention in Syria

Russia is providing “serious” training and logistical support to the Syrian army, Vladimir Putin has said, in the first public confirmation of the depth of Russia’s involvement in Syria's civil war.

Commenting on reports that Russian combat troops have been deployed to Syria, the Russian president said discussion of direct military intervention is “so far premature,” but did not rule out that such a step could be taken in future.

“To say we're ready to do this today - so far it's premature to talk about this. But we are already giving Syria quite serious help with equipment and training soldiers, with our weapons,” the state-owned RIA Novosti news agency quoted Mr Putin as saying when asked about Russian intervention in Syria during an economic forum in Vladivostok.

"We really want to create some kind of an international coalition to fight terrorism and extremism," Mr Putin said.

Russia has repeatedly used its UN Security Council veto to support Bashar al-Assad throughout the four and a half year-long war, which is believed to have claimed some 250,000 lives. Russia has also been a long-term supplier of arms to the Syrian government, something it now justifies by the need to fight Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil).

Speculation is growing that Russia has significantly expanded its involvement in recent months, including with deliveries of advanced weaponry, a raft of spare parts for existing machines, and the deployment of increasing numbers of military advisers and instructors.
    "To this end, we hold consultations with our American partners - I have personally spoken on the issue with US President Obama."
    I liked the photo they chose to use with the article.

Russian President Vladimir Putin (L) holds a cat as he inspects the progress in the construction of residences for victims of wildfires in the village of Krasnopolye Photo: EPA
    Reminds me of Blofeld and his cat:

Which was copied by Dr Evil:
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-06-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...civil-war.html

I liked the photo they chose to use with the article.

Is below representative of other mideast Christians and Christians in mideast see Putin as their defender now?

Down With The Holocaust Denier Obama And Long Live Putin The Hero Of Christians

By Shoebat Foundation on April 24, 2015
    By Walid Shoebat'

Putin was KGB, yes, something that many always bring up in order to condemn the man, but so was Oscar Schindler a member of the Nazi Party. Paul like myself was a persecutor of God’s people, yet God honored the terrorist, while He condemned many of the ‘religious’. If anyone refuses to call a holocaust “genocide” to appease Holocaust deniers is just as evil as the holocaust denier himself. How else can one define Obama and many American politicians who do not want to call the Holocaust of the Armenians a “genocide”?
    Anyone dares to refute?

And unlike Obama and many before him in the American Administration who refuses to say the word “genocide,” ‘KGB’ Putin proves to be Armenia’s closest ally. He not only provides Armenia crucial economic and military support, including border security, but despite Turkey’s strategic importance, Mr. Putin’s decision to go to Yerevan was a signal to many that ultimately Russia’s allegiances lie with Armenia, which, like Russia, is a predominantly Christian nation.

“We sincerely sympathize with the Armenian people who suffered one of the most awful tragedies in the history of mankind,” Mr. Putin said in his speech.

http://shoebat.com/2015/04/24/down-w...of-christians/

This seems like religious/subjective view but has West started to side with Islamic fighters who are attacking Syrian Christians?

Russian special forces have landed in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankman View Post
    Russian special forces have landed in Syria.
    And you know this how? Did Putin give you a call to brief you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast