Thread: PHOTOS: Rand Paul campaign rallies in Anchorage, Seattle, Boise, Nampa, Salt Lake City

PHOTOS: Rand Paul campaign rallies in Anchorage, Seattle, Boise, Nampa, Salt Lake City

This past week I had the pleasure of traveling from Anchorage, Alaska to Seattle, Washington to Boise, Idaho to Salt Lake City, Utah, all to cover Rand Paul's western tour. It's always great when Rand is able to speak to an audience that is starved, politically speaking, from the constant visits by presidential candidates and media attention. As far as I know, Rand is the only candidate that has campaigned in Alaska so far this election cycle. Regardless, I got lots of photos I'd like to share with you all, you can find many more HERE.

Of course that is just a small sample of the photos I was able to get from this trip, I have crowd shots from each event, as well as more photos from each speech and greeting voters after his speech. It was really fun to see a part of the country that I had never even visited myself before. Thank you to the people that made this possible, including those on the ground in each state, you know who you are!

You can find more than 30 photos from the Anchorage event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57657776912642

You can find nearly 60 photos from the Seattle event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57655489669583

You can find nearly 40 photos from the Boise event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57655558946053

You can find more than 40 photos from the Nampa event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57657889504371

You can find more than 50 photos from the Salt Lake City event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57657944565675
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for the pictures and great work as usual. It sure does shed light on the "reports" that hardly any people were going to his events. Looks like healthy sized crowds at every stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
    Thank you for the pictures and great work as usual. It sure does shed light on the "reports" that hardly any people were going to his events. Looks like healthy sized crowds at every stop.
    I literally got so angry at an article I saw on Daily Beast, I believe talking about the Nampa event. They had about 150 seats set up originally in a small part of the room, but nearly triple that ended up showing up, and they had to bring out hundreds more seats, open the retractable walls, and still had people standing.

These events were all in the middle of the day on a work week. So keep that in mind also.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Amazing pictures as always. Agree that they are nice to be able to show the truth of what's happening at the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I literally got so angry at an article I saw on Daily Beast, I believe talking about the Nampa event. They had about 150 seats set up originally in a small part of the room, but nearly triple that ended up showing up, and they had to bring out hundreds more seats, open the retractable walls, and still had people standing.

These events were all in the middle of the day on a work week. So keep that in mind also.
    Yeah I saw one that commented on empty seats, but they left out that the crowd was larger than expected and they had to add seats and open the room.

And yes, you can't really directly compare crowd sizes that some candidates might draw at 7pm on a Saturday to a crowd Rand draws at 9am on a Wednesday.

The pictures show what Rand has been saying, that they continue to get larger and more enthusiastic crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Amazing pictures as always. Agree that they are nice to be able to show the truth of what's happening at the events.

Yeah I saw one that commented on empty seats, but they left out that the crowd was larger than expected and they had to add seats and open the room.

And yes, you can't really directly compare crowd sizes that some candidates might draw at 7pm on a Saturday to a crowd Rand draws at 9am on a Wednesday.

The pictures show what Rand has been saying, that they continue to get larger and more enthusiastic crowds.
    The campaign needs to get a video guy to tape every engagement with the electorate to post on youtube. It does not have to be live...
    Just post the interaction and pan around to room to show the crowd. It seems like there's quite a lot of people from the pics.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    The campaign needs to get a video guy to tape every engagement with the electorate to post on youtube. It does not have to be live...
    Just post the interaction and pan around to room to show the crowd. It seems like there's quite a lot of people from the pics.
    Yeah, that would be nice. Even if it's not the whole speech having a short HD video highlight clip of each stop would help show what's really happening.

I did like when they posted that clip from Seattle of the crowd chanting "President Paul!"... so yeah more stuff like that. Let people see that the crowds are there and they are loud.

Could the West be our secret weapon?
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!