Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocking video shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man who had his hands up

Exclamation Shocking video shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man who had his hands up

And then lie about it.

Video Refutes Official Police Account, Shows Cops Kill Surrendering Man with His Hands in the Air

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vid...QGaZKZdmOML.99

San Antonio, TX — Responding to a domestic disturbance call on Friday, two deputies gunned down an unarmed man clearly holding his hands in the air. Although police claim that the man appeared to have a knife, newly released cell phone video reveals that the man was unarmed and holding his empty hands up when deputies killed him. According to the sheriff, her deputies attempted to use nonlethal force to subdue the man, but another witness recently told reporters that police never gave the man a chance before opening fire.

At 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Bexar County sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call concerning a woman who had been assaulted. According to Bexar County Sheriff’s Office spokesman James Keith, deputies arrived at the residence and found a woman bleeding from a cut on her head. The deputies reported that she was holding an 18-month-old baby who also “appeared to possibly have been injured.”

The Sheriff’s Office claims that two deputies found a man who appeared to have a knife and tried to take him down using nonlethal force. According to Keith, the man resisted arrest and fought back against the deputies. After unsuccessfully attempting to subdue the man with nonlethal weapons, deputies resorted to their firearms and shot him to death.

But according to witnesses and a newly released video, the deputies never attempted to deploy nonlethal tactics and apparently gunned down the unarmed man while his hands were in the air. A witness who wishes to be identified only as “Leo” told Telemundo that he saw two officers approach the man with their guns drawn and ordered the man to get on the ground. When he refused to comply, the deputies immediately opened fire.

“I don’t think they gave him a chance, you know?” Leo told reporters. “They could’ve at least tased him.”

On Friday evening, a cell phone video of the shooting emerged after a witness named Michael Thomas shared the footage with local news station KSAT12. The video shows a man standing on the front lawn of a house when two deputies approach him. Pacing back and forth, the man places his hands in the air multiple times and does not appear to be holding a knife or any other weapon.

KSAT12’s editorial team chose to freeze the video at the moment before the deputies gun down the man. At the end of the video, the man appears to be unarmed and submitting with his empty hands in the air when deputies opened fire. The video does not show the deputies attempting to use nonlethal force, and the man does not make physical contact with the deputies.

At a press conference on Friday night, Bexar County Sheriff Susan Pamerleau refused to release the names of the victim and the two deputies involved in his death. When asked which nonlethal weapons were deployed before the shooting, the sheriff claimed that her deputies unsuccessfully used a Taser and a shield against the man. When asked about the video of the man holding his hands up, Sheriff Pamerleau responded, “Well, certainly what’s in the video is a cause for concern.”

According to Deputy Chief George Saidler, the 18-month-old baby is fine and uninjured. Saidler told reporters, “As far as I know the baby is fine. I think he’s with relatives or with the mom I’m not sure where, but the baby is fine and uninjured at this time.”

The two deputies have been placed on paid administrative leave pending an investigation into the shooting. The sheriff’s department is working with the district attorney’s office to investigate whether the shooting was clean or a blatant act of murder.

--

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ance-home.html
    Last edited by jct74; 09-01-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: add info from merged thread, put on front page
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Damn it...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Damn it...
    No. No. My mistake. I picked the wrong thread to post that link in. That link was meant for the thread about the cops that gunned down an innocent bystander.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. No. My mistake. I picked the wrong thread to post that link in. That link was meant for the thread about the cops that gunned down an innocent bystander.
    Oh, OK, yeah I just now linked through to everything and see what happened.

It's hard to tell because the video camera is so far away, but, are the officers ok
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It's hard to tell because the video camera is so far away, but, are the officers ok
    Thanks for asking comrade, yes, the brave officers were just fine, they went home safe from their tour outside the Green Zone, which is all that matters.

Whether he had a knife or not doesn't matter. I could see one moment where he made direct eye contact with an officer. Clearly it was justified.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Procedures were followed. Policies were obeyed. If public outcry become strong enough to do something we will make sure that he gets no-billed by the Grand Jury and gets back on patrol ASAP.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    If only we had a copsucker here on the forums that could come and tell us how the mundane got what he deserved for getting in the way of heroes doing there heroic work. It never pays to be ignorant of police protocol while being unarmed and having your hands up in the air.

Commendations for everyone!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Looks like they aren't happy with having possibly bad behavior exposed by the media -- funny how they talk about showing the video being "unethical".

It seems unethical for a sheriff's dept to encourage its Facebook badge bunnies to call and harass a media outlet, just because they are unhappy with what was said or shown.

If this isn't illegal it should be -- it should be considered a First Amendment issue, a gov't agency trying to interfere with freedom of speech and freedom of the press :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bexar...91724701043437

Today, members of our local media chose to broadcast online unedited video of a man's death. KSAT 12 paid a neighbor who filmed the tragedy $100 for the exclusive rights to the video.

As a result, people from outside our community have bombarded us with inappropriate comments, and today, physical threats toward our deputies.

These deputies have not been charged with a crime and a family lost their loved one. This is unethical and sad. Call KSAT and let them know what you think - (210) 351-1277. If you agree, let the local media know this sort of sensational behavior doesn't fly in Bexar County.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-01-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Shocking video shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man who had his hands up

Shocking video shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man who had his hands up

By Regina F. Graham For Dailymail.com and Associated Press
    1 September 2015

Video obtained by a San Antonio TV station appears to show a man with his hands up fatally shot by deputies, an encounter that authorities say happened after the armed man resisted arrest and nonlethal weapons failed to bring him under control.

Gilbert Flores, 41, died shortly after the shooting Friday, the Bexar County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Monday.

Deputies Greg Vasquez and Robert Sanchez were responding to a domestic disturbance and found a woman with a cut on her head and a baby who appeared injured, according to the statement.

The video, which was shot by a bystander and obtained exclusively by KSAT-TV, shows the deputies encounter with Flores as they attempted to arrest him.

Video obtained by a San Antonio TV station appears to show a man with his hands up fatally shot by deputies

Continued...
    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

I just posted on this in the other thread, the Bexar Co. Sheriff's Dept on their Facebook page is encouraging their followers to call this station and harass them for releasing the video.

And the badge bunny/hall monitor types who type adoring comments on police Facebook pages are probably doing just that. So much for freedom of speech and freedom of the press -- if we don't like what you say about us we'll have our sycophants harass you !

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I just posted on this in the other thread, the Bexar Co. Sheriff's Dept on their Facebook page is encouraging their followers to call this station and harass them for releasing the video.

And the badge bunny/hall monitor types who type adoring comments on police Facebook pages are probably doing just that. So much for freedom of speech and freedom of the press -- if we don't like what you say about us we'll have our sycophants harass you !
    They certainly do not like when the cameras are turned on them. That is why many states are desperately trying to outlaw videoing cops. They use legalese to try and get people to think it is not a 1st amendment right.
    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Here's a report from the Texas TV station that obtained the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moeIv4glE5k

Took my headline away...oh well, front page here we come.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just posted on this in the other thread, the Bexar Co. Sheriff's Dept on their Facebook page is encouraging their followers to call this station and harass them for releasing the video. !
    And bitching because the video was unedited. You can't make this crap up.

Thanks for making a screenshot of that -- I have a feeling that post and the comments to it may disappear -- even though that would likely be illegal, since Facebook comments on an official gov't FB page are supposed to be considered public records ... but they often delete things anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Yes, but they are going to investigate themselves, which is important.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Classic attempt to redirect the anger away from where it belongs...on them. Disgusting.

can we start using 'hands up, don't shoot' again?...

btw...the cops did their darndest to end this peaceably, but...they just don't have the time...

Oh wow, that's a good one, add that to my fap collection. Abuse of power is hot. Respect me! Obey.... well die then, I'm god now... Pow, Pow.. So, hot.

Excuse me, I have to go beat my kids now.

Video Refutes Official Police Account, Shows Cops Kill Surrendering Man with His Hands in the Air

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay. Now undoubtedly every good cop in Texas is pissed! I don't have the time right now to find the surely countless letters of disapproval so if someone can just do a quick Google search, I don't know, maybe find five good cops speaking out against this sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it.

I mean like if I was a good mailman, and quite a few of my fellow mailmen were shooting people, robbing people, beating people, molesting people, etc. I'd distance myself from their actions. I'd take any chance I had to say, "Yeah, what that one mailman did, that was a crime. I do not support that and I am an honest mailman." Right?

ETA: And if it turned out that the very essence of being a mailman was to violate rights and commit crimes, well, I'd resign unequivocally.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 09-01-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Looks like they aren't happy with having possibly bad behavior exposed by the media -- funny how they talk about showing the video being "unethical".

It seems unethical for a sheriff's dept to encourage its Facebook badge bunnies to call and harass a media outlet, just because they are unhappy with what was said or shown.

If this isn't illegal it should be -- it should be considered a First Amendment issue, a gov't agency trying to interfere with freedom of speech and freedom of the press :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bexar...91724701043437

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

200 North Comal Street
    San Antonio, Texas 78207
    Administration: 210.335.6010

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Whoa. The balls on these guys.

I'm not sure which part of this incident pisses me off more.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Whoa. The balls on these guys.

I'm not sure which part of this incident pisses me off more.
    I don't understand how these bad apples get into such a position of prominence within the department.

Surely the good apples objected unequivocally to his promotions. Hell, after this tweet, especially since it ostensibly represents the police department as a whole, the good cops are probably out in droves protesting. They're probably siding with the community and asking for the chief to step down.

Funny I haven't heard of any of that on the news yet.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

"shocking?"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This is unethical and sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast