Perry 1
    Santorum 1
    Graham 0
    Unsure/Not committed 10

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/LDSN/desm...g31-update.pdf

SELZER & COMPANY
    400 Republican likely caucusgoers
    404 Democratic likely caucusgoers
    Margin of error: ± 4.9 percentage points for Republicans Margin of error ± 4.9 percentage points for Democrats

Pretty sizable margin of error, but DM Register is usually pretty good (See 2012 polling). But lots of time and Rand could be almost at double digits...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While I don't have too much against Carson, he's one of the better ones... How can he be doing so well ?

This may be the bottom in the decline for Rand. Some sanity has to return at some point.

First part of that sanity I think is seeing who's below 4%.
    "I am a bird"

If Carson overtakes Trump in the polls, things may start to get interesting, particularly if Trump or one of the others does something stupid while trying to attack him.

Polls are pointless right now. I don't even look at them. Trump and Carson are not going to win the primary nor be potus. Once they implode, we'll know where the cards will fall.

It's kind of funny how opposites are polling close together. Trump is a loose cannon, but Carson is measured and calm. Fiorna is basically Stasi on domestic spying while Paul is the only one advocating for privacy. May mean nothing, but it is kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Polls are pointless right now. I don't even look at them. Trump and Carson are not going to win the primary nor be potus. Once they implode, we'll know where the cards will fall.
    The only thing that polls may indicate what tactics may be employed by the candidates. To me, the most interesting part of this is that Bush is doing so poorly and that all of the absolute worst candidates are right where they belong...ROCK BOTTOM.

One could even argue that this poll is showing a trend upwards, there have been 3 polls in Iowa in the last month which had Rand lower (I didnt check the polling methods of all the polls though).

Basically he is only max. 4 percentage points behind any GOP establishment candidate, with a poll margin of error of 4.9 percentage points. (Yes, I know Trump IS establishment, but not GOP establishment)

About Carson I dont know too much. Judging by a very first look it wouldn't be as disgusting to speak about him than to speak about Trump (like 95% of all threads in the "other candidates" section of RPF at the moment).
    Last edited by MarcusI; 08-30-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Is Carson good VP material ?

I know hardly anything about him. Though, there's something interesting about having two doctors run for P/VP. To heal America.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    cruz's numbers are picking up again it seems?

I think Carson would be decent Senator material, but he strikes me as a bit naïve and a bit of a hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    cruz's numbers are picking up again it seems?
    All polls in Iowa in the last month had him between 7 and 9%
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.

Carson comes across as a decent human being with an inspiring personal story. But, he really has no position on anything. He made some stupid statement about gun ownership, like if you live in some places you shouldn't be able to own one, but in other places you should. I know nothing about what he believes regarding foreign policy and war. He did well in the debate; his closing statement rated as the number one most memorable moment (Rand's clash was Christie was number 2), so he is doing well. Cruz is using Trump now just like he used Rand for personal gain; I would not vote for him, he reminds me of a used car salesman and he is a neocon hawk and connected to big money....phoney person.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/LDSN/desm...g31-update.pdf

Of the republicans asked, only 47% said that they will definetely attend the caucus, 53% said "probably". Only 64% attended any GOP caucus in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    More to the point, it's a caucus. A good, old fashioned caucus. And our people know how to sway a crowd.

This isn't some poll where a person can make an embarrassing vote and be assured no one will know. Quite the opposite. If you vote for a clown there, you get the hairy eyeball from your neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

My burning question is - where will all the Christie voters go when he drops out?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    While I don't have too much against Carson, he's one of the better ones... How can he be doing so well ?
    Trump and Carson have never held elected office. They can say whatever they want and some people will take their statements at face value. Although their past statements should be considered, that doesn't mean people will. All the governors and senators running have records to defend.

This gives them a certain advantage, especially in this climate. But historically guys who are not elected officials lose in the end, see Herman Cain, Steve Forbes etc.

Carson writes his own story, nobody major has taken his past liberal stances to task.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...test-iowa-poll

Downward trend nationally.

Reuters Rand Paul Trend National - 5 day rolling average
    http://polling.reuters.com/#!respons...ollapsed/false

Beginning of the month %6.1, Range 4.5 to 8.

End of month: 2.1%. Range %1.8 to %4.6.

Last edited by kahless; 08-30-2015 at 12:15 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Iowa May 29 - Aug 26 shows Rand on downward trend.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...test-iowa-poll

Downward trend nationally.

Reuters Rand Paul Trend National - 5 day rolling average
    http://polling.reuters.com/#!respons...ollapsed/false

Beginning of the month %6.1, Range 4.5 to 8.

End of month: 2.1%. Range %1.8 to %4.6.

Well it looks like I am going to have to start promoting Carson. If he is the only one to take down the Goddamned evil trump so be it.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Carson isn't taking down Trump. He's taking some of the non Trump voters, Tea Party ppl who don't like Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand's favorable rating is 39% and unfavorable rating is 49%. I hope that his advisers are showing him these numbers. If he doesn't figure out that he needs to act calm and professional in the debates, then his favorable numbers will continue to get worse. I sure hope that he doesn't put on a repeat performance of the first debate in the CNN debate.

Yea we need to get the favorable numbers up for sure. He needs to promote himself being a career doctor more in addition to the Constitutional candidate. So many people don't know he is a doctor whereas everyone that knows Carson, knows he is a doctor. The next debate will be important for Rand. I don't mind him jumping in because he is going to get the least amount of time, however, he needs to practice more at this. He can talk with the best of them, however this isn't a one on one debate.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    The only thing that polls may indicate what tactics may be employed by the candidates. To me, the most interesting part of this is that Bush is doing so poorly and that all of the absolute worst candidates are right where they belong...ROCK BOTTOM.
    Don't worry when Trump has his scandal or bimbo explosion, they will all go back to Jeb.

Trump and Carson are probably going to run together should Trump get the nomination, they've been playing footsies for awhile and Carson is the perfect contrast to Trump personality wise. Politics is just reality TV; a battle of personalities, character, and whatever the fake narrative of the day is. Rand would of had a better chance at president if he was the complete 'mad dog of the senate' and made no friends but he played right into their image trap as your typical wishy-washy ambitious politician. People don't look at his partnership with McConnell and say it makes strategic sense, it just loses him credibility whereas the establishment just laughs at him for even trying.

Policy means nothing, ideology means nothing, this is electoral politics and the political parties are just the middle man being cut out. Candidates can just make their case straight the masses and the masses are stupid and easily led astray, to win their attention then you have to play their game. Remember, everybody loves the bad guy on these TV shows so negative publicity isn't necessarily if the intentions are pure of heart. There are no lines between information, entertainment, and politics any more and there is no going back. We have to make the emotional argument for liberty, we have to go to its extremes, we have to be bold in our ideas and our vision for change. Rand needs to embrace the radical persona, he needs to be the guy that wants to bring down the leviathan, double down because nobody respects a wimp.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    My burning question is - where will all the Christie voters go when he drops out?
    To Bush and Rubio.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    If Carson overtakes Trump in the polls, things may start to get interesting, particularly if Trump or one of the others does something stupid while trying to attack him.
    Trump has such a huge ego, that if he drops out of 1st place, I am betting he will drop out.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trump has such a huge ego, that if he drops out of 1st place, I am betting he will drop out.
    I agree. That's what I'm thinking as well. He couldn't stand to not be in the center of the debate stage.

Rand has got to clear up that comment about him accepting money from Trump. I think it's hurting him. And it's stupid, because he didn't. Trump donated to the university who sponsored the trip to Haiti for the eye surgeries.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I heard Graham might be the first to drop out. Where will his 0% voters go?
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Totally agree.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    I heard Graham might be the first to drop out. Where will his 0% voters go?
    To another who puts Israel before their own country.
    ================

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast