Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutering my Boxer Monday - good thing or bad thing?

Neutering my Boxer Monday - good thing or bad thing?

I'm looking at this poor, innocent little creature; knowing he has an appointment Monday morning to be neutered. I feel so guilty about it. But I have a female boxer also (not related), due to come in heat sometime next month. Both are one year old.

Sigh ... is it a good thing or bad to do?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it depends on if you want puppies or not.

Well we were excited about having one litter with these little "mugs", but now that BuddyRey left us so suddenly; the thrill is gone. I just feel so guilty looking into his eyes knowing what his ordeal will be like on Monday. But, the world is over crowded with animals right now, so probably the best thing to do.

You can minimize the shock of noticing something's missing, by using these.....
    http://www.neuticles.com/

I personally don't like doing that to critters, I'm actually not that much of an emotional animal lover type. But I don't like messing with the natural order of things. I know folks have reasons for it, I just avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I personally don't like doing that to critters, I'm actually not that much of an emotional animal lover type. But I don't like messing with the natural order of things. I know folks have reasons for it, I just avoid it.
    What? So you want to see a lot of dogs who are missing their balls? At least this way, nobody is the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    What? So you want to see a lot of dogs who are missing their balls? At least this way, nobody is the wiser.
    Lol, I meant I don't neuter.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    You can minimize the shock of noticing something's missing, by using these.....
    http://www.neuticles.com/

omg, that puppy in the picture on the right with the lady with long black hair, looks just like my little Monday victim.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been trying to save up the money to have a cat neutered, and have thus far not been able to. I am now overrun with baby cats.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol, I meant I don't neuter.
    Oh I don't mind neutering... but at least they should put something back so he has something to lick.
    Put yourself in the mind of the dog.......

Imagine going to sleep and waking up and you go to do your usual hygiene and suddenly notice your junk is gone. Imagine the panic and the despair. What a shock!

Best to just eliminate the risk of this happening. Use those Neuticles and it's like nothing ever happened.

Besides controlling unwanted births, neutering a dog can correct negative sexual behaviors and makes them more docile. The lack of produced testosterone from the testicles can create a greater percent likelihood of hip and elbow dysplasia according to some studies. I have a St. Bernard that is now 5 months old. I intend to put off neutering as long as possible, as this breed already has a higher presentation with dysplasia than many other breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    Besides controlling unwanted births, neutering a dog can correct negative sexual behaviors and makes them more docile. The lack of produced testosterone from the testicles can create a greater percent likelihood of hip and elbow dysplasia according to some studies. I have a St. Bernard that is now 5 months old. I intend to put off neutering as long as possible, as this breed already has a higher presentation with dysplasia than many other breeds.
    I waited till he was a full two years old. I wanted to make sure he was done growing.

Here is a picture of him chill-en.....
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 08-29-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Dammit. I want to get a boxer for my girl, but I can't have a dog where I am right now.

They're great dogs, I can't advise you either way, it depends on your circumstances.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I've been trying to save up the money to have a cat neutered, and have thus far not been able to. I am now overrun with baby cats.
    They have free clinics.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I'm looking at this poor, innocent little creature; knowing he has an appointment Monday morning to be neutered. I feel so guilty about it. But I have a female boxer also (not related), due to come in heat sometime next month. Both are one year old.

Sigh ... is it a good thing or bad to do?
    When I had my two male cats neutered, I waited until I absolutely had to do it and then took them to the vet. By absolutely, I mean right after their first spray. lol. When I brought them home, they acted like nothing had happened. They were just running all over the place, playing, the moment I got them out of the carrier.

I think we have more emotion over it than the pets do.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Personally, I miss seeing balls on a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Personally, I miss seeing balls on a dog.
    Yeah, but what I'd like to miss more is seeing thousands upon thousands of unwanted dogs and cats euthanized, because so many people didn't neuter/spay their pets and if not, were not responsible for the outcome.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, but what I'd like to miss more is seeing thousands upon thousands of unwanted dogs and cats euthanized, because so many people didn't neuter/spay their pets and if not, were not responsible for the outcome.
    I think you have underestimated Suz's love of all things balls.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Condoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

ya know.. I have no idea why they don't just snip the tubes on critters like when women get their tubes tied or men go for a vasectomy.. less work for the vet.. less time for the procedure.. no thought for doggy ball implants (who thought of that??) It's always seemed like overkill to me - like amputating an arm for a hang nail.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    ya know.. I have no idea why they don't just snip the tubes on critters like when women get their tubes tied or men go for a vasectomy.. less work for the vet.. less time for the procedure.. no thought for doggy ball implants (who thought of that??) It's always seemed like overkill to me - like amputating an arm for a hang nail.
    Wow! I have never wondered about that before! So I Googled it: http://www.petmd.com/blogs/dailyvet/...ctober/02-4770 Turns out there's no real good reason!

I know a couple people that have both male and female dogs together and neither are spayed or neutered. Apparently it's not always a problem.

Anyways, I don't think I'd recommend this. I do know that snipping off the balls of a dog, gives him a totally different character and I personally don't like that. I'd be in favor of spaying the female, I'm told that that reduces the chances of some frequently occurring tumors in female dogs. My dog passed away this spring, she was 14 something years, she was spayed and had a great character. Also saves on the mess female dogs in heat can bring with them.

Tough choice though, as it's not really reversible.
    "I am a bird"

I hope that's sarcasm because that's not at all expensive and one should have some priorities in life. Are you going to be a cat lady ?
    "I am a bird"

We made that mistake once and ended up with 18 cats in the yard.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We were going to have one litter and sell the puppies, but that may be simply irresponsible with all the unwanted puppies at the shelter in need of a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I know a couple people that have both male and female dogs together and neither are spayed or neutered. Apparently it's not always a problem.

Anyways, I don't think I'd recommend this. I do know that snipping off the balls of a dog, gives him a totally different character and I personally don't like that. I'd be in favor of spaying the female, I'm told that that reduces the chances of some frequently occurring tumors in female dogs. My dog passed away this spring, she was 14 something years, she was spayed and had a great character. Also saves on the mess female dogs in heat can bring with them.

Tough choice though, as it's not really reversible.
    A dog in heat is no fun. The mess, every male dog in the vicinity trying to get at her. I'm absolutely for spaying females.

And when it comes to cats, the noises they make when in heat are borderline terrifying.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    A dog in heat is no fun. The mess, every male dog in the vicinity trying to get at her. I'm absolutely for spaying females.

And when it comes to cats, the noises they make when in heat are borderline terrifying.
    Yeah, we are going ahead and getting the boy fixed tomorrow. I hate the thought of the female, since the surgery is so much more invasive. They remove the uterus and the ovaries in a spay.

Why can't anyone develop a birth control pill for dogs during heat cycle. Is the cost of spaying/neutering so great, they don't want to create a cheaper, non agresive alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Wow! I have never wondered about that before! So I Googled it: http://www.petmd.com/blogs/dailyvet/...ctober/02-4770 Turns out there's no real good reason!
    It would be cheaper ? thus the reason ?

I've never spayed or neutered a dog. I don't think its the best thing for their health and it certainly takes the hunt out of the dog. I like my dogs alert.

Cats you either spay and neuter or accept you'll lose a few to traffic and predators; and the rest will piss all over everything you own.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I hope that's sarcasm because that's not at all expensive and one should have some priorities in life. Are you going to be a cat lady ?
    Not sarcasm. Fortunately I've only got 6 right now, $100 for the big male, another $100 for the juvenile, $180 each for the adult and juvenile females. That's $560 that I just don't have. Before I ran for office I had plenty of money. Now I barely feed myself. I'm doing my best here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast