Thread: Trump will win the legal Hispanic and Latino vote

Trump will win the legal Hispanic and Latino vote

http://www.wsj.com/articles/america-...lay-1440715262

America Is So in Play

Donald Trump’s staying power in the polls reflects a change in the electorate only now coming into focus.
    By Peggy Noonan
    WSJ
    Aug. 27, 2015

So, more thoughts on Donald Trump’s candidacy, because I can’t stop being fascinated.

... Something is going on, some tectonic plates are moving in interesting ways. My friend Cesar works the deli counter at my neighborhood grocery store. He is Dominican, an immigrant, early 50s, and listens most mornings to a local Hispanic radio station, La Mega, on 97.9 FM. Their morning show is the popular “El Vacilón de la Mañana,” and after the first GOP debate, Cesar told me, they opened the lines to call-ins, asking listeners (mostly Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican) for their impressions. More than half called in to say they were for Mr. Trump. Their praise, Cesar told me a few weeks ago, dumbfounded the hosts. I later spoke to one of them, who identified himself as D.J. New Era. He backed Cesar’s story. “We were very surprised,” at the Trump support, he said. Why? “It’s a Latin-based market!”
    Legal immigrants of all ethnic backgrounds and countries of origin will want the rules they lived by to be enforced. There is zero benefit to legal immigrants in allowing illegal immigrants to storm the country, lower the wages, burden the schools and health care system, increase the crime, increase the drain upon the welfare/entitlement system and compete with the legal immigrants for jobs.

Trump's numbers within the Hispanic and Latino legal immigrant communities will rise as Trump continues to emphasize jobs for legal citizens and accountability for illegal aliens.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yawn. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Legal immigrants of all ethnic backgrounds and countries of origin will want the rules they lived by to be enforced. There is zero benefit to legal immigrants in allowing illegal immigrants to storm the country, lower the wages, burden the schools and health care system, increase the crime, increase the drain upon the welfare/entitlement system and compete with the legal immigrants for jobs.

Trump's numbers within the Hispanic and Latino legal immigrant communities will rise as Trump continues to emphasize jobs for legal citizens and accountability for illegal aliens.
    Well, he may. The legal immigrants are just as pissed off about illegals, as anyone. They came here, did it the right way and now they see their jobs and livelihood going also. Rand needs to pick this ball up and run over the goal line.

This is one of those things that they are just going to keep repeating until stupid people believe it. The country is too divided to win an entire electorate, and the democrats are already campaigning on immigration reform that goes "further" than what Obama did. The career politicians campaign on these platforms because they know it brings voters to the polls, because they've done their own internal polls and that's what gets votes.

When did this become the movement of "he can get the votes and his campaign issue stances are pretty good"????

This movement was based on the fact that we were tired of everyone LYING.

DO ANY OF YOU TRUMP GOOBERS UNDERSTAND THAT?

I have been extremely upset with Rand because he's borderline on some issues.

BUT EVERYONE ELSE HAS HOPELESSLY FALLEN INTO THE PIT.

Rand is trying to walk the knife edge.

Ron Paul had a 20 year record of voting for the Constitution. That's why we went crazy for him.

So my question, David is this:

Why in the hell would we give anyone even close to Trump the benefit of the doubt when the entire Ron Paul R3volution is based on being fed up with lying politicians who say one thing and then do another AND ACT EXACTLY THE SAME when they get in office? Everyone "thinks" people will be different when they are running for office. We're supposed to be the movement that "GETS" that this is the con and the hustle.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

the Latino vote will be split along ethnic and economic lines. Mexicans, Puerto Ricans , and most others will vote for the Dem. Cubans for the GOP. having a Latino on the ticket would help some, but same as blacks, the Latino votes Dem. just as Southern whites vote GOP.

Win hands down the negative 51 fav to Unfav rating.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    the Latino vote will be split along ethnic and economic lines. Mexicans, Puerto Ricans , and most others will vote for the Dem. Cubans for the GOP. having a Latino on the ticket would help some, but same as blacks, the Latino votes Dem. just as Southern whites vote GOP.
    They may vote democrat but how heavily and how big of turn out varies tremendously. Trump will inspire a tremendous stronger swing democrat and a tremendous heavy turnout.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tbh I cant understand why the Thread opener is still in the Ron Paul Forums.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Why in the hell would we give anyone even close to Trump the benefit of the doubt when the entire Ron Paul R3volution is based on being fed up with lying politicians who say one thing and then do another AND ACT EXACTLY THE SAME when they get in office? Everyone "thinks" people will be different when they are running for office. We're supposed to be the movement that "GETS" that this is the con and the hustle.
    Because everyone who goes to the polls to vote will be giving the benefit of the doubt to whomever they cast their vote - just as you point out above, and this includes those who will vote for Rand if he's still in the race. The only alternative is to not vote at all which many more people are doing these days.

By the end of Ron Paul's 2008 campaign, many in the R3volution were fed up with him and his failure to fight when it came time to fight. It was with some sense of having been burned in 2008 that many returned to support him in 2012, but we did so because of the growing movement which was larger than Ron himself and because there was no where else to turn. But, alas, Ron wasn't the pure candidate we are looking for either because that candidate doesn't exist. Ron could think and talk but not fight.

And the movement which grew up around Ron and propelled him as far as it did quickly fractured after 2012. It no longer exists any more than Old America still exists. Many are searching for the next movement to emerge. The only thing that looks like potential movements are represented by Sanders on the Dem side and by Trump/Carson/Cruz on the GOP side. There is no liberty movement rallying around Rand as the polls, the crowds and the Internet clearly show. I have pics from a Ron Paul speech at the University of Illinois that completely filled the hall. It looked like this cycle's Sanders and Trump events. Nothing like that exists for Rand. The 'movement' is either dead or Rand isn't resonating with the movement. Where's the liberty movement?

There are no saviors in politics, and now many simply view this political election as the last option before a real revolution and civil war break out. That's why, in my opinion, so many are taking more radical stances now because these are radical times and America appears to be in a pre-USSR collapse condition.

America as we knew it is gone. America as we know it is on a knife's edge. Whereas before we watched our constitutional government transform before our eyes, now we are astonished to watch our society and common American culture dissolve, and we are reminded that a house divided cannot stand.

People are fed up. And in the tradition of the perceived anti-establishment candidates (Barry Goldwater, Ross Perot, Pat Buchanan, Ron Paul, Donald Trump), Trump is this cycle's GOP grassroots favorite to topple the establishment if the polls and the turnouts are to be believed.

Why are people grasping for Trump instead of Rand per the poll numbers? Because the boat sank and people are grasping for flotation. Rand is a stick while Trump appears to be a raft.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/america-...lay-1440715262

America Is So in Play
    Donald Trump’s staying power in the polls reflects a change in the electorate only now coming into focus.
    By Peggy Noonan
    WSJ
    Aug. 27, 2015

So, more thoughts on Donald Trump’s candidacy, because I can’t stop being fascinated.

You know the latest numbers. Quinnipiac University’s poll this week has Mr. Trump at a hefty 28% nationally, up from 20% in July. Public Policy Polling has Mr. Trump leading all Republicans in New Hampshire with 35%. A Monmouth University poll has him at 30% in South Carolina, followed 15 points later by Ben Carson.

Here are some things I think are happening.

One is the deepening estrangement between the elites and the non-elites in America. This is the area in which Trumpism flourishes. We’ll talk about that deeper in.

Second, Mr. Trump’s support is not limited to Republicans, not by any means.

Third, the traditional mediating or guiding institutions within the Republican universe—its establishment, respected voices in conservative media, sober-minded state party officials—have little to no impact on Mr. Trump’s rise. Some say voices of authority should stand up to oppose him, which will lower his standing. But Republican powers don’t have that kind of juice anymore. Mr. Trump’s supporters aren’t just bucking a party, they’re bucking everything around, within and connected to it.

Since Mr. Trump announced I’ve worked or traveled in, among other places, Southern California, Connecticut, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey and New York’s Long Island. In all places I just talked to people. My biggest sense is that political professionals are going to have to rethink “the base,” reimagine it when they see it in their minds.

more at: http://www.wsj.com/articles/america-...lay-1440715262
    Last edited by David Sadler; 08-28-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    Tbh I cant understand why the Thread opener is still in the Ron Paul Forums.
    Because, unlike another spammer, he hasn't been kicked off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Because everyone who goes to the polls to vote will be giving the benefit of the doubt to whomever they cast their vote - just as you point out above, and this includes those who will vote for Rand if he's still in the race. The only alternative is to not vote at all which many more people are doing these days.
    I can't believe it's come to this, I see this everywhere, on media. People astro turfing a don't vote campaign because it doesn't matter. This is the new election rigging, this is how they want to win. They want to win by demotivating us. Its either that or they tell you to vote for Trump because he is so anti establishment. Stop telling people not to vote or to vote for someone who can't win in the general election. Lets talk policy, lets debate politics, if you don't want to talk policy don't tell us not to vote because it does matter, if you don't want to vote you don't belong in this country.

You make great points. BTW, if you know Trump, can you ask him to support a $20 min. wage? A lot of Hispanics are against Trump because he is pro-choice and pro-gay. A large group of Hispanics are socially conservative and fiscally liberal. Trump needs to reach out by pushing for a higher min. wage. $20 on the Texas border. $40 in Boston. $50 in NYC. It will go over well. Make it an executive order. It will make Trump look like a leader.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 08-31-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Trump will get damned little of the hispanic vote (note I didn't say 'legal hispanic vote' as if it's legal for illegal aliens to vote) because few of them are registered Republicans, and Trump can't even hoodwink enough Republicans to go into the convention with a simple plurality of the GOP vote. Therefore, saying that anyone will vote for him in the general election is basically predicting that he will, indeed, make a 'sore loser' independent run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Trump will probably not get outright majorities in any "minority" groups, but he will do far better than any Republican in recent history. Mexicans and Blacks in particular love Trump, and that personal connection will overcome party loyalty to a significant degree.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Trump will probably not get outright majorities in any "minority" groups, but he will do far better than any Republican in recent history. Mexicans and Blacks in particular love Trump, and that personal connection will overcome party loyalty to a significant degree.
    Source?

I mean, I know that Lil Jon is a friend of his, but that doesn't mean he'd vote for him.
    Stop believing stupid things

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Source?

I mean, I know that Lil Jon is a friend of his, but that doesn't mean he'd vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Yep- all those Hispanic voters are flocking to Trump! They will put him over the top for sure!

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...c-vote/402658/

Poll posted two days ago.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-29-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yep- all those Hispanic voters are flocking to Trump! They will put him over the top for sure!

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...c-vote/402658/

Poll posted two days ago.
    Yep they love him.... The Bill Clinton backed trump wants all the Republican candidates to take the poisoned bait of insulting every Hispanic person in the country. That way no matter who wins the R nomination the D will beat their ass.

Trump will get 10% of the black vote, 30% of the hispanic vote. Same as other candidates.

Ohio's voters are 2% hispanic. California's voters are 22% hispanic. Texas voters are whatever, but the GOP gets 80% of white voters, who are older, more likely to register & more likely to be citizens.

His biggest gains will be sensible rustbelt moderate white voters concerned about boots on the ground, trade deals, entitlements for over 50 or 55s(whatever the sweet spot is to taper it) & bemusement as to why 80% of Congressman are hyperventilating over what gays, Chuck Todd types and hispanics think of them.

The next biggest gain will be with ultra conservatives & so called nativists which are smaller groups.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul