Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Social Justice Warrior (SJW) Thread.

Official Social Justice Warrior (SJW) Thread.

Social Justice Warrior causes are leaking from the internet into real life. It's getting really hard to keep up with this.

I knew I just had to create this thread when I saw this:

http://wkrn.com/2015/08/27/ut-knoxvi...tral-pronouns/

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The University of Tennessee is asking students to use “ze, hir, hirs, and xe, xem, xyr.”

No, those words are not another language. They’re actually the gender-neutral singular versions of pronouns.

The University of Tennessee Office for Diversity and Inclusion is asking students and faculty to use the pronouns in order to create a more inclusive campus. They say it alleviates a heavy burden for people expressing different genders or identities.
    “We should not assume someone’s gender by their appearance, nor by what is listed on a roster or in student information systems,” Donna Braquet, the Director of the University of Tennessee’s Pride Center said. “Transgender people and people who do not identify within the gender binary may use a different name than their legal name and pronouns of their gender identity, rather than the pronouns of the sex they were assigned at birth.”
    For the first week of classes, Braquet is also asking teachers to ask everyone to provide their name and pronoun instead of calling roll. “The name a student uses may not be the one on the official roster, and the roster name may not be the same gender as the one the student now uses,” ze said.
    “These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are new,” Braquet said. “The she and he pronouns would sound strange too if we had been taught ze when growing up.”
    Braquet said if students and faculty cannot use ze, hir, hirs, xe, xem or xyr, they can also politely ask. “’Oh, nice to meet you, [insert name]. What pronouns should I use?’ is a perfectly fine question to ask,” ze said...
    I mean, I could see this somewhere like UC Berkeley, but Tennessee?
    Stop believing stupid things

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speaking of which, just released

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/08/sjws-always-lie.html

Social Justice Warriors have plagued mankind for more than 150 years, but only in the last 30 years has their ideology become dominant in the West. Having invaded one institution of the cultural high ground after another, from corporations and churches to video games and government, there is nowhere that remains entirely free of their intolerant thought and speech policing.

Because the SJW agenda of diversity, tolerance, inclusiveness, and equality flies in the face of both science and observable reality, SJWs relentlessly work to prevent normal people from thinking or speaking in any manner that will violate their ever-mutating Narrative. They police science, philosophy, technology, and even history in order to maintain the pretense that their agenda remains inevitable in a modern world that contradicts it on a daily basis.

The book is named after the First Law of SJW: SJWs always lie. SJWS ALWAYS LIE is a useful guide to understanding, anticipating, and surviving SJW attacks from the perspective of a man who has not only survived, but thrived, after experiencing multiple attempts by Social Justice Warriors to disqualify, discredit, and disemploy him in the same manner they have successfully attacked Nobel Laureates, technology CEOs, broadcasters, sports commentators, school principals, and policemen. It analyzes well-known SJW attacks as well as the two most successful examples of resistance to the SJW Narrative, #GamerGate and Sad Puppies.

Written by Vox Day, Supreme Dark Lord of the Evil Legion of Evil and three-time Hugo nominee who is described as the most hated man in science fiction by Black Gate and The Wall Street Journal, SJWS ALWAYS LIE is a powerful weapon in the cultural war against the thought police.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Since this is the official thread, can I get an official definition of "social justice warrior".

Because all those things sound righteous and awesome to me, so I'm assuming that it must have some unwritten negative connotation/definition. And since I mostly hear jackasses using that term, I don't want to risk using a meaningless derogatory term and thereby support jackassery, so can you please clarify what exactly is a "social justice warrior"?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

“ze, hir, hirs, and xe, xem, xyr.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

When reading science papers, this will make it more difficult to know if it is from real scientists or female ones.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Since this is the official thread, can I get an official definition of "social justice warrior".

Because all those things sound righteous and awesome to me, so I'm assuming that it must have some unwritten negative connotation/definition. And since I mostly hear jackasses using that term, I don't want to risk using a meaningless derogatory term and thereby support jackassery, so can you please clarify what exactly is a "social justice warrior"?
    It's hard to describe what one exactly is but I'll try:

They are people who can't take responsibility for their own actions and blame the "white cis-het patriarchy" for everything that is wrong with the world. They are a fringe in real life but very prevalent on websites like Tumblr. Basically, whoever is the most oppressed wins in their mind.

Is this where we check in? Hi everyone! Look forward to social justicing with you guys! <3 buttsects

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tomorrow is the Black lives matter March close to where I live, what should I bring?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Tomorrow is the Black lives matter March close to where I live, what should I bring?
    A ze, hir, hirs, and xe, xem, xyr.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

They’re actually the gender-neutral singular versions of pronouns.
    Idiot is gender neutral and easier to remember than “ze, hir, hirs, and xe, xem, xyr.”

Office for Diversity and Inclusion

http://diversity.utk.edu/2015/08/pronouns/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-instead.html

Instructions: Donna Braquet, a gay rights official at the university, wrote the guidelines, which were sent to the entire university

A sign saying "All Lives Matter" and a good pair of running shoes so you can be accused of being "racist" and cause the march to go off route.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

Also, read the forward on vox day's book by Milo Yiannopoulos.

Edit: Read the free sample on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014GMBUR4

I am neither Mr, Mrs nor Ms but Mx

For the better part of two minutes, I stared down at the form in front of me. I was attending a formal dinner later that week and the RSVP required I choose whether I was “Mr, Mrs or Ms”. I looked at the question and froze, unsure of what to do.

For many people, this choice would’ve caused no anxiety whatsoever. For many people, choosing a title is a simple matter. But for me, picking a title has always been an endeavor fraught with anxiety, confusion and frustration. That’s because I don’t identify as a man or as a woman, I identify as gender*****.

There are many challenges that arise when you live your life outside of the gender binary like I do. I never know which bathroom to use, I don’t know which section of the store to shop in, and I’m frequently harassed on the street by people who don’t understand my gender identity. Above all of those concerns, the bigger issue that people like me face is that our identities are so rarely taken seriously.

I’m reminded of this problem each time I fill out a form that doesn’t include a gender-neutral option. It’s as if, through these omissions, the architects of digital forms have decided that people like me do not matter. So often, gender non-conforming people are not worth mentioning.

Growing up, I assumed that the only way to have a gender-neutral title would be if I got a PhD and could make everyone call me “Dr”. For most of my life, I didn’t realize that there was another way out of the “Mr/Ms” dichotomy. That changed when, in my junior year of college, a favorite professor of mine introduced me to an artist named Justin Vivian Bond who used a gender-neutral term that I had never heard of before: “Mx.”

Almost immediately, I fell in love with the term. Finally, I had a way to preface my family name that didn’t require me to box myself into one gender category or another. I didn’t have to be Mr Tobia anymore. And I didn’t have to get a PhD so that I could be Dr Tobia. Instead, I could simply be Mx Tobia.

When I originally decided to use the term Mx, you couldn’t find it in the dictionary. While the term was used by a small group of people and had a short entry on Wikipedia, it wasn’t officially recognized. And without official recognition, it was difficult for advocates like myself to push for its broader inclusion on forms, nametags and databases.

But on 28 August 2015, the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) changed that. That day, the Oxford English Dictionary added Mx to the dictionary. Seemingly overnight, Mx went from an underground, somewhat obscure term, to an official part of the English language.

It is difficult to overstate just how important this change is. The addition of Mx to the dictionary represents the beginning of an unprecedented shift in how Western language, thought and culture understands gender. By adding Mx to the dictionary, the OED has embraced a future in which gender does not have to be limited to two options: a world where people can determine their gender on their own terms. Through the addition of Mx, the OED has made a historic step towards ensuring that gender*****, gender non-conforming and gender non-binary people like me can lead lives of dignity and respect.

The addition of Mx also represents a significant step forward for the feminist cause. By decentering gender and providing a gender-neutral option to the terms Mrs and Ms, Mx allows women a third option that is not centered around their marital status or patrilineal nomenclature.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...t-mx?CMP=fb_us

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Above all of those concerns, the bigger issue that people like me face is that our identities are so rarely taken seriously.
    Shocking stuff.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

It's getting to the point where you have to think about everything you say and people won't want to do that so just utter silence will reign out of fear of not wanting to offend anybody.

Wow. More useless and impractical than Esperanto. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeBob View Post
    It's getting to the point where you have to think about everything you say and people won't want to do that so just utter silence will reign out of fear of not wanting to offend anybody.
    Maybe my white male privilege has caused me to not care about the plight of the offended but let's be honest, who cares? Someone takes offense to something someone else said? That sounds like a personal problem to me.

Someone could identify as a vampire or doll. Am I really expected to play along with these fantasies? Where is the line for these people?

"I think I'm a pony!" "Well, good for you. You're not a $#@!ing pony though, soo...."

People do not have a right not to be offended.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Maybe my white male privilege has caused me to not care about the plight of the offended but let's be honest, who cares? Someone takes offense to something someone else said? That sounds like a personal problem to me.

Someone could identify as a vampire or doll. Am I really expected to play along with these fantasies? Where is the line for these people?

"I think I'm a pony!" "Well, good for you. You're not a $#@!ing pony though, soo...."

People do not have a right not to be offended.
    So you say! But if there is a way to manufacture one, somebody will. It's the 'Murican way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Most SJWs are pretty young; between the ages of 16-28. What I'm really dreading is when they actually start to run this country. It will be a disaster. On the bright side, it will probably be what NRx needs to build an effective and robust reactionary movement, so maybe I should welcome the coming fall.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

When reading science papers, this will make it more difficult to know if it is from real scientists or female ones.
    Danke what the hell man

What I've noticed from SJW's. A total inablility to relate to the opposite gender in a natural way. A rejection of logical, scientific thought. Some of them are atheists that can give you a huge spiel about how logic and reason trump mysticism. But then when you bring up scientific facts, such as the FACT that all animals, including humans, have two genders which perpetuate the species. That children are programmed to latch onto a mother and father figure, and that two dads, or one dad and one....thing...is not a sufficient substitute. You bring these up and they freak out.

In fact, if you look at the human race scientifically and biologically, conservative values are justified by science as the healthiest, most natural way to live. When all the hormones are excreting properly, when all the emotional cylinders are firing. In fact, a strange bizzaro relationship between gender confused individuals in a supposedly "enlightened" egalitarian, liberal society is a recipe for unhappiness, unfulfillment, disappointment, and eventually early death. Liberal societies are sick and science proves it. Even basic knowledge of evolution, pair bonding...etc can totally smash a huge majority of SJW arguments.

For example, gender is not based on a "feeling", it's based on a societal role that your sex has specifically evolved to fulfill over the course of millions of years. For example, women have small shoulders. Do you think MAYBE evolution didn't have heavy lifting in mind when it designed the female body? Women have breasts. Do you think MAYBE evolution intended for women to care for the infants?
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 09-01-2015 at 04:20 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's an SJW joke:

Why do Sumo wrestlers shave their legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Here's an SJW joke:

Why do Sumo wrestlers shave their legs?
    they don't have to but the Kohai wipes their asses. I think HB applied for that position.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Remember when they brought Dr. Matt Taylor to tears on the day of his greatest accomplishment because of his shirt?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-sexist-shirt

The just outright ruined Dr. James Watson.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...el-Prize-medal
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Fill me in..I'm out of touch lately...are SJWs the tools (aka useful idiots) for social engineers?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Fill me in..I'm out of touch lately...are SJWs the tools (aka useful idiots) for social engineers?
    SJWs are the aspiring social engineers of tomorrow. They're the distillation of the insanity of the modern left to their most deranged. They tend to be third wave "intersectional" feminists with a serious penchant for victim narratives.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Oh lookie, known SJW Tywysog Cymru (tell me this isn't a spambot name that somehow went live) starts a thread pretending to criticize SJW's.

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves." - Vladimir Lenin
    Last edited by DFF; 09-08-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast