Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul’s sneak attack strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    No one knows how big the chance is, that this time it will be a brokered convention. Most will say "pretty low". BUT the Rand Paul Campaign must be prepared for that! So it IS very important that Rand Paul delegates go to the GOP Convention in July, even when bound for the 1st ballot!!

GO RAND PAUL
    Absolutely! As for the chances, I'd say there is as high of a chance as there's been in 100 years. The reason being, I just can't see the Bush machine rolling over without a huge fight. In fact, I can see the Bush big money supporters/high level connections doing everything in their power to win this election and at the moment with Trump leading all the polls who knows, they very well could be plotting their own delegate strategy. I just can't see the Bush machine and even the republican party allowing Trump to win enough delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot if it comes to that. I think the only candidate they are supporting to win with enough delegates outright on the first ballot is Jeb Bush. That's why I'm hoping Rand can at least come in 3rd with the delegate count race so he can essentially be a compromise for the Trump delegates refusing to back Bush and (gulp) the Bush delegates refusing to back Trump. I know this seems unlikely, but think about it. Obama vs. Hillary. By simply having those two candidates alone (I know there were a few others) they nearly and very well could have had a brokered convention themselves had it not been for Hillary throwing in the towel. Now with this years race on the republican side, you in a sense have your Obama in Trump, and Clinton with Bush. Add in the fact that there will be lets just say 10 to even 15 candidates that will be picking up delegates of their own. I think it's paramount that Rand at least comes in 3rd in the delegate race for this to work. If this happens and the Trump delegates see that they're not picking up Rand's diehard support and neither the support from the other (which is all, but Rand) establishment candidates, they could switch to Rand just out of spite knowing the fix is in for Bush. This can be there way of sticking it to the republican party because of their "unfair treatment" of Trump. I know many will say unlikely, but hey, we gotta play the cards we're dealt. Just hang in there guys no matter what happens!
    Last edited by rich34; 08-28-2015 at 07:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Absolutely! As for the chances, I'd say there is as high of a chance as there's been in 100 years. The reason being, I just can't see the Bush machine rolling over without a huge fight. In fact, I can see the Bush big money supporters/high level connections doing everything in their power to win this election and at the moment with Trump leading all the polls who knows, they very well could be plotting their own delegate strategy. I just can't see the Bush machine and even the republican party allowing Trump to win enough delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot if it comes to that. I think the only candidate they are supporting to win with enough delegates outright on the first ballot is Jeb Bush. That's why I'm hoping Rand can at least come in 3rd with the delegate count race so he can essentially be a compromise for the Trump delegates refusing to back Bush and (gulp) the Bush delegates refusing to back Trump. I know this seems unlikely, but think about it. Obama vs. Hillary. By simply having those two candidates alone (I know there were a few others) they nearly and very well could have had a brokered convention themselves had it not been for Hillary throwing in the towel. Now with this years race on the republican side, you in a sense have your Obama in Trump, and Clinton with Bush. Add in the fact that there will be lets just say 10 to even 15 candidates that will be picking up delegates of their own. I think it's paramount that Rand at least comes in 3rd in the delegate race for this to work. If this happens and the Trump delegates see that they're not picking up Rand's diehard support and neither the support from the other (which is all, but Rand) establishment candidates, they could switch to Rand just out of spite knowing the fix is in for Bush. This can be there way of sticking it to the republican party because of their "unfair treatment" of Trump. I know many will say unlikely, but hey, we gotta play the cards we're dealt. Just hang in there guys no matter what happens!
    Yes. And I highly doubt there will be many "Donald Trump Delegates" in the sense in which there could be "Rand Paul Delegates". I mean the liberty movement knows how to play that strategy, are very imformed, experienced. Donald Trump followers are ver low informed ppl who wont go to the conventions and bother with that. So the best what could happen is that Trump gets about 20-30% of the total delegates (in the sense of "bound for 1st ballot"), making it impossible for the other candidates to have the absolute majority.

(Still, its very early in the race and blabla bla, but the above is still true)
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12