Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Border Surge Drives up Enrollment in NYC Schools

US tax dollars for US citizens. Thats all i gotta say. No tax dollars for other countries or for non citizens.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    They are a problem, yes. Are they the source of the problem? No. But, while we try to fix the source of the problem, adding in the illegals, shortens the time we have to fix it.

I don't particularly care to live in a 3rd world country. Perhaps you do.
    Good luck fixing the "source" of the problem when it continues to re-direct any energies you spend reigning them in by creating, for you, an outrage greater than the cause.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's old but still applicable. Fact is they'll come no matter what. I would. Only solution is eliminate welfare or the vast bulk of it.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 08-28-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Exactly. All those issues are one thing. Immigration is something else entirely. They have nothing to do with each other.

It would be strange for me to see someone here get outraged that illegal immigrants get those things and then be any less outraged that citizens get them.
    It would be similar to foreign aid, especially of the humanitarian variety. Welfare could be described as domestic humanitarian aid, so then the question would be should humanitarian aid be separated into foreign and domestic, or should they both be the same?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The left needs its next generation of voters..... the swarm will continue because the left will make concessions to the right - to continue their spying/wars.

A cozy relationship in which the right will capitulate in the short term, for blood & death in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    The left needs its next generation of voters..... the swarm will continue because the left will make concessions to the right - to continue their spying/wars.

A cozy relationship in which the right will capitulate in the short term, for blood & death in perpetuity.
    LOL at the idea that there is a left and a right except in the mind of the duped voters. There is ONE agenda in government and it has nothing whatsoever to do with left or right. Left versus right is a diversion to keep the real agenda obscured. The real agenda is always power for the state.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    So, you guys think it's fine to force American citizens to pay to educate foreigners who entered our country illegally?

The anarchists aren't pragmatic. I am with you.

The illegals have more freedom than the citizens do. I could not get my kid into school without 2 forms of ID.
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-31-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    LOL at the idea that there is a left and a right except in the mind of the duped voters. There is ONE agenda in government and it has nothing whatsoever to do with left or right. Left versus right is a diversion to keep the real agenda obscured. The real agenda is always power for the state.
    TRUTH.

Let's all blab on about those dirty illegals and right vs left so that TPTB can keep the populace panties in a twist and their eye off the mark.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    US tax dollars for US citizens.
    Why should Americans have their money taken from them and given to other Americans? How does the fact that the recipient is an American citizen in any way justify that?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The anarchists aren't pragmatic. I am with you.

The illegals have more freedom than the citizens do. I could not get my kid into school without 2 forms of ID.
    What prevents you from just saying they're illegal immigrants?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would NumbersUSA fans be here? I don't get it. If you're anti-immigration, and that's one of your most important issues, then according to NumbersUSA's own ratings, Ron Paul was the worst Republican of the bunch in 2012, and Rand is close to the worst for 2016.

Numbers USA gives Rand an A rating.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/m...card/CONGRESS/

Exactly. All those issues are one thing. Immigration is something else entirely. They have nothing to do with each other.

It would be strange for me to see someone here get outraged that illegal immigrants get those things and then be any less outraged that citizens get them.
    Should there be a distinction between domestic and foreign aid?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It would be similar to foreign aid, especially of the humanitarian variety. Welfare could be described as domestic humanitarian aid, so then the question would be should humanitarian aid be separated into foreign and domestic, or should they both be the same?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    Numbers USA gives Rand an A rating.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/m...card/CONGRESS/
    Check again.

That rating is solely based on his congressional votes, which are limited by what actually comes up for a vote. When they grade his positions as a presidential candidate, according to his own words about what he supports, he is one of the worst Republicans in the mix (from a closed-border, anti-freedom, standpoint), with a D+.
    https://www.numbersusa.com/content/e...-hopefuls.html
    Last edited by erowe1; 08-31-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Should there be a distinction between domestic and foreign aid?
    If by that you mean to ask if domestic aid is somehow justifiable just because it's domestic, then absolutely not.

If by that you mean to ask if domestic aid is somehow justifiable just because it's domestic, then absolutely not.
    No, the question is whether foreign humanitarian aid is justified because domestic humanitarian aid exists (in many forms).

No, the question is whether foreign humanitarian aid is justified because domestic humanitarian aid exists (in many forms).
    Of course not. The reason it isn't justified is the same as the reason domestic humanitarian aid isn't. To be outraged at one more than the other makes no sense.

Of course not. The reason it isn't justified is the same as the reason domestic humanitarian aid isn't. To be outraged at one more than the other makes no sense.
    Perhaps in a globalist sense. But both Ron and Rand have addressed foreign spending as being more "outrageous" than domestic spending. It is very understandable to have that opinion in today's world, and double for those who believe in or want to maintain US sovereignty.

I've been thinking about moving to New York just so I can move away from there and tell them how pissed off I am about how they're managing things up there.

But in a few years it will be time to flee Georgia due to an infestation of liberal transplants in Atlanta, so if I stay put I'll get my chance to do that here.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-01-2015 at 06:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12