Thread: Rand Paul digital - trademark infringement?

Rand Paul digital - trademark infringement?

Just concerned that the "digital" in the Rand Paul digital.com is a trademark infringement of digital equipment corporation.

Not that I'd rat, and not that they probably care, but I suspect that could be a costly mistake.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope.

RPD's trademark is "Rand Paul Digital"...DEC's trademark is "Digital".

You cannot take them apart. Just because one word appears in the other is not a sign of trademark infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Compaq struggled as a result of the merger with Digital,[76] and was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2002. Compaq, and later HP, continued to sell many of the former Digital products but re-branded with their own logos. For example, HP now sells what were formerly Digital's StorageWorks disk/tape products,[78] as a result of the Compaq acquisition.

The Digital logo survived for a while after the company ceased to exist, as the logo of Digital GlobalSoft, an IT services company in India (which was a 51 percent subsidiary of Compaq). Digital GlobalSoft was later renamed "HP GlobalSoft" (also known as the "HP Global Delivery India Center" or HP GDIC), and no longer uses the Digital logo.
    I don't see any lawsuit being successful, considering the logo is not appearing on new products, and Rand Paul is not a competitive line of computers. I think HP isn't goofy enough to embarrass the snot out of themselves by pursuing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't see any lawsuit being successful, considering the logo is not appearing on new products, and Rand Paul is not a competitive line of computers. I think HP isn't goofy enough to embarrass the snot out of themselves by pursuing it.
    HP has no love for Carly Fiorina anyway.