Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Donald Exposed: A Reality Check For Trumpeteers

The Donald Exposed: A Reality Check For Trumpeteers

A nice summary of the case against Trump, glad ZH picked this up.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ck-trumpeteers

It is pure idiocy to support a man simply because he is outspoken, or says popular things, or has mastered the art of titillation. Have you people forgotten Chris Christie??

• Some say “People are rallying behind him not because they agree with him, but merely because they find him to be the most truthful.” About … what truth?? The man vacillates between whatever “truth” is the most popular.
    • Others think the guy is great because he’s rich … as if that’s a legitimate marker.
    • Many like him because Trump is supposedly different; — “I’ve argued for six months, trump is our UKIP, our five star, our national front. Someone’s got to do the dirty work. You wouldn’t hire a choir boy to break kneecaps. It’s gonna take a real bull.”
    • Trump is also liked because he is “not them”. “Them” being all the other rich, deceitful, lying $#@!s running for POTUS. No, The Donald is “different” in this alternate universe!
    • Many people have become single issue voters, and love Trump’s illegal immigration stance, and to hell with everything else … even if it means more loss of liberty, as long as we’re “safe” from the brown taco-munchers crossing our southern border.
    • Lastly, there are a certain segment of voters who say – “How much worse could Trump be compared to President Zero and the First Grifter family?”. To which I shake my head in disbelief and where I want to scream out; “Are you $#@!ing kidding me???!! You really don’t think it can get worse????”. Apparently, these scholars have never heard of Adolph, Josef, or Mao.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to r3volution 3.0 again.
    It seems impossible to break through to the Trumpsevatives. Facts don't matter, only his bloviating.
    "The Patriarch"

Explain something to me. What good does it do to spend all this time running Trump down? Say it works; then what? Unless Rand gets out there and says something amazing that will win their hearts and minds, the votes are just going to go from Trump to one of the other pieces of cow dung.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Explain something to me. What good does it do to spend all this time running Trump down? Say it works; then what? Unless Rand gets out there and says something amazing that will win their hearts and minds, the votes are just going to go from Trump to one of the other pieces of cow dung.
    And what difference would that make? Trump is a phony, he doesn't mean and can't do 3/4 of what he says.

What harm does it do?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    And what difference would that make? Trump is a phony, he doesn't mean and can't do 3/4 of what he says.

What harm does it do?
    I guess it doesn't. But, I don't really think it's helping, either. To each their own though.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

I guess it doesn't. But, I don't really think it's helping, either. To each their own though.
    You don't think it helps to wake voters up to the fact that they're being played for suckers? You don't think it helps to rub Republicans' noses in the fact that their repeated losses are being engineered--and they're helping? You don't think it would be a boon to this nation for rank and file Republicans to wake up to the obvious fact that Fox is The Liberal Media's Controlled Opposition Division? You don't think it's a healthy discussion to inform people that what ails the labor force which is some 25-30% idle is not three or four percent of their own population, but a corporatocracy which is deliberately sabotaging them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Because he is a worse $#@! than McCain/ Romney or any of the other people running that for president that took hell around here. Maybe because when someone lands here they don't find a bunch of pro Trump bull$#@!. And almost any of the other piece of dung ARE better than Trump. And lastly we can't stand Trump and aren't being politically correct tip toing around a number of peoples new messiah.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Explain something to me. What good does it do to spend all this time running Trump down?
    Because Trump is just as dangerous as Bush but in a different way. It would be disturbing to me if grassroots conservatives and people here started cheering Bush.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Some here have already said they would rather have Bush as the nominee than Trump if Rand loses. I think that is due to Bush being pro-immigration and open borders. These same people are supporting Rand since they believe Rand is for open borders and pro-immigration. I suppose they believe Rand's immigration platform is dishonest and just a ploy to get elected.

If they are right then that would be a good reason to support Trump over Rand. Combined that with the GOP rule changes and Rand's extremely low polling that seems to be the way I am headed to avoid another Bush presidency.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Because he is a worse $#@! than McCain/ Romney or any of the other people running that for president that took hell around here. Maybe because when someone lands here they don't find a bunch of pro Trump bull$#@!. And almost any of the other piece of dung ARE better than Trump. And lastly we can't stand Trump and aren't being politically correct tip toing around a number of peoples new messiah.
    Worse than McCain and Romney, give me a break. You guys are starting to believe your own lies.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Some here have already said they would rather have Bush as the nominee than Trump if Rand loses. I think that is due to Bush being pro-immigration and open borders. These same people are supporting Rand since they believe Rand is for open borders and pro-immigration. I suppose they believe Rand's immigration platform is dishonest and just a ploy to get elected.

If they are right then that would be a good reason to support Trump over Rand. Combined that with the GOP rule changes and Rand's extremely low polling that seems to be the way I am headed to avoid another Bush presidency.
    Rand is still in it, Kahless. Anything could happen between now and Super Tuesday. Don't lose heart yet.
    ================

Worse than McCain and Romney, give me a break. You guys are starting to believe your own lies.
    Trump said he wants to build the biggest and best military around...so powerful that no one will mess with us. His heros are General Patton and General MacArthur. No word on how cost prohibitive that would be. He can't complain about the deficit on one hand and then promise a huge military buildup on the other without contradicting himself.

Really prove he isn't. You trump supporter have tried and have done really poorly because for every apparent good statement Trump has made People can find where he has said the opposite.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You don't think it helps to wake voters up to the fact that they're being played for suckers? You don't think it helps to rub Republicans' noses in the fact that their repeated losses are being engineered--and they're helping? You don't think it would be a boon to this nation for rank and file Republicans to wake up to the obvious fact that Fox is The Liberal Media's Controlled Opposition Division? You don't think it's a healthy discussion to inform people that what ails the labor force which is some 25-30% idle is not three or four percent of their own population, but a corporatocracy which is deliberately sabotaging them?
    Most voters don't even know Rand's stances. Even if you insult Republicans for supporting Trump, if they don't a, know them, and b, his position(s) resonate with them, they won't be running to Rand; it will be to someone else. So, to me, it's like getting the cart before the horse. I think there is way too much emphasis on Trump and insulting people, which by the way, does not attract them to your guy, than assisting the campaign to get Rand's message out. But, that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-28-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Trump said he wants to build the biggest and best military around...so powerful that no one will mess with us. His heros are General Patton and General MacArthur. No word on how cost prohibitive that would be. He can't complain about the deficit on one hand and then promise a huge military buildup on the other without contradicting himself.
    What's wrong with that? Rand also wants a strong national defense. Peace through strength. It's a good thing to carry a big stick, because then you rarely have to use it.

Patton is one of my heroes too, by the way, and he was a relative of Congressman Larry Patton McDonald, who Ron called when he was first deciding whether to run for Congress. They were good friends. Congressman McDonald was shot down by the Russians in KAL007.

So, that's not my concern with Trump's foreign policy that he has mentioned thus far. My concern, especially because he has a neocon in his ear, is that he will be another that wants America being the world's policeman.
    ================

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's wrong with that? Rand also wants a strong national defense. Peace through strength. It's a good thing to carry a big stick, because then you rarely have to use it.

Patton is one of my heroes too, by the way, and he was a relative of Congressman Larry Patton McDonald, who Ron called when he was first deciding whether to run for Congress. They were good friends. Congressman McDonald was shot down by the Russians in KAL007.

So, that's not my concern with Trump's foreign policy that he has mentioned thus far. My concern, especially because he has a neocon in his ear, is that he will be another that wants America being the world's policeman.
    And it doesn't concern you the cost to taxpayers of rebuilding the military to be " the biggest and best"? Please show me where Rand has ever promoted something like that. The idea is to shrink government not expand the MIC. Sounds to me like something Bolton would advise him. How about we find the lost 8 trillion dollars the Pentagon can't find before giving them more carte Blanche.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 08-28-2015 at 08:43 AM.

And it doesn't concern you the cost to taxpayers of rebuilding the military to be " the biggest and best"? Please show me where Rand has ever promoted something like that. The idea is to shrink government not expand the MIC. Sounds to me like something Bolton would advise him.
    Don't I recall some on these very forums losing their post toasties because Rand voted to increase military spending?

My understanding is that since both Bush and Obama never saw a war they didn't want to start, our military equipment is beat to hell. So, yes, it needs to be replaced, but we should need one hell of a lot less of it, if we stop the warmongering.

The way to avoid war is not to have a viable defense. It's to have a great defense and not be in search of dragons to slay.
    ================

My concern, especially because he has a neocon in his ear, is that he will be another that wants America being the world's policeman.
    If Trump and the rest of the pack are all duking it out to see who can out interventionist one another I could see Rand bouncing back and Trump's poll numbers drop. That will depend on how Rand handles it, worst case Rand joins the pack while some other candidate takes the opportunity to oppose them.

Trumps called for ground troops in Iraq.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Really prove he isn't. You trump supporter have tried and have done really poorly because for every apparent good statement Trump has made People can find where he has said the opposite.
    I second that. Prove he isn't worse. You can't, because you really have no idea what he would do if elected. You have to go on past actions and we've already build one insanely huge house of cards, we don't need to build another one.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 08-28-2015 at 09:19 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I second that. Prove he ins't worse. You can't, because you really have no idea what he would do if elected. You have to go on past actions and we've already build one insanely huge house of cards, we don't need to build another one.
    Which is why his first pick is Rand.

The only way that Kahless is supporting Trump is if Rand is no longer in the race. Do you really want to use this time to prove that Bush is a better choice than Trump?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-28-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    ================

If Trump and the rest of the pack are all duking it out to see who can out interventionist one another I could see Rand bouncing back and Trump's poll numbers drop. That will depend on how Rand handles it, worst case Rand joins the pack while some other candidate takes the opportunity to oppose them.
    I don't think he would join the pack at all. He has already put his stake on the ground on that one.
    ================

Yes. Anyone who wants John Bolton in his cabinet should be trusted.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think he would join the pack at all. He has already put his stake on the ground on that one.
    I realize that yet have it as possibility considering the missteps the campaign has made along the way.

Which is why his first pick is Rand.
    It is?

Assuming that is true, and it's a big assumption, so what? He's so suckered by the Fox$#@! he's willing to vote for the most evil bastard he can find, because that evil bastard once said something he liked before the evil bastard flip flopped on that very subject ('big, beautiful door' to let them right back in? Hello?), and he figures he needs to vote for this evil bastard to stop that bastard because that bastard is evil.

He stands for nothing, and seems intent on falling for anything. Sorry I can't find a more polite, sensitive and politically correct way to say 'your hero is the biggest freaking villain yet' and make it stick, but it must be said and it must be made to stick.

If we want to save this nation, we're going to have to pry some heads out of the MSM's ass and teach people that the only way they can win is to stand on principle even if every television in the nation is screaming at them that they're backing a loser--a principled loser, but a loser. Because that's what the unprincipled will always say, and it's only true if and when people are stupid enough to listen to it. And if the only way I can get someone's head out of the MSM's ass is with a crowbar, I will use that crowbar.

I have been thanked for using a crowbar--and not being too gentle with it--on people before.

And it doesn't concern you the cost to taxpayers of rebuilding the military to be " the biggest and best"? Please show me where Rand has ever promoted something like that. The idea is to shrink government not expand the MIC. Sounds to me like something Bolton would advise him. How about we find the lost 8 trillion dollars the Pentagon can't find before giving them more carte Blanche.
    If our military isn't the 'biggest and best' already, then we need to jail several thousand traitors, because we spend about as much on it as the military budgets of the whole rest of the world combined. So, throwing more money at the same crooks would obviously make about as much sense as tossing it in quicksand. In fact, throwing it in quicksand would make more sense, because that isn't rewarding thieving bastards.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-28-2015 at 09:26 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I realize that yet have it as possibility considering the missteps the campaign has made along the way.
    Every potential campaign has made miss steps

Don't I recall some on these very forums losing their post toasties because Rand voted to increase military spending?

My understanding is that since both Bush and Obama never saw a war they didn't want to start, our military equipment is beat to hell. So, yes, it needs to be replaced, but we should need one hell of a lot less of it, if we stop the warmongering.

The way to avoid war is not to have a viable defense. It's to have a great defense and not be in search of dragons to slay.
    Sound like neocon justification. How about all the military equipment that we provided to CIA sponsored terrorist groups and why should my tax dollars pay for more of that? Do you think Bolton and Sessions have been whispering sweet nothings in Trumps ear? No..they are representatives of the ever expanding MIC. He isn't talking about defense, he's talking about massive expansion. My question is why are you defending Trump? He has no liberty positions. I don't believe he would be a non interventionist.

Sound like neocon justification. How about all the military equipment that we provided to CIA sponsored terrorist groups and why should my tax dollars pay for more of that?
    Spilled milk. We still have to have a strong defense, regardless of who is president. Defense, NOT offense.

Do you think Bolton and Sessions have been whispering sweet nothings in Trumps ear? No..they are representatives of the ever expanding MIC. He isn't talking about defense, he's talking about massive expansion. My question is why are you defending Trump?
    How many times do I have to say this? You are causing more discussion about Trump than there ever needed to be. I prefer Trump's stance on the illegal alien invasion of our country than Bush's or Clinton's (or a Clinton-clone). And if Rand doesn't make it, I think one of those two are going to be shoved down our throats. If that is the case, I prefer dogpile a over dogpile b or c. Can this please be the last time I am asked this same question? Do you really want this place to be a discussion of Bush vs. Trump?

He has no liberty positions. I don't believe he would be a non interventionist.
    He wouldn't. Which is why I am supporting Rand.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-28-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    ================

Spilled milk. We still have to have a strong defense, regardless of who is president. Defense, NOT offense.
    If push comes to shove, be the enemies to this nation external or internal, I'm not banking a nickel on the U.S. Department of Offense. I'm counting on tens of millions of civilian hunters and sportsmen.

Regardless of which suited clown lives on Pennsylvania Ave. in the District of Calamity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast