Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lew and Tom on the Trump phenomenon

Lew and Tom on the Trump phenomenon

https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...n-right-again/

As Tom notes, in the American establishment there is no dissent. Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives, all agree on issues from war to empire, from welfare to banksterism. Anyone who threatens this ruling class is, of course, demonized and–they hope–silenced. And now, right on schedule, we’re starting to hear that Trump’s supporters are racists, sexists, antisemites, etc. Ross Perot got the same treatment, as did Pat Buchanan, and for the same reason. But I have a feeling that this time, it’s not going to work. Most Americans are tired of the reign of PC terror, which grows more evil and idiotic by the day. And–trigger warning–Trump has given them safe spaces from all the micro-aggressions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, according to these two idiots, Trump's some kind of rebel against the establishment for violating certain conventions of speech (Wow, that's totally going to save the country! The debt will vanish! The wars will end! We'll return to sound money! All we gotta do is keep insulting Mexicans and women!), while Rand's a sell-out deserving of constant criticism because he only wants to carry out 98% of his father's program, such trifling things as the largest spending cut in history, the largest tax cut in history, and preserving the Bill of Rights. $#@! you Tom, $#@! you Lew. Go play in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    while Rand's a sell-out deserving of constant criticism because he only wants to carry out 98% of his father's program, such trifling things as the largest spending cut in history, the largest tax cut in history, and preserving the Bill of Rights.
    Did they mention Rand? At least half of what you're claiming they said I don't think they did.

So, according to these two idiots, Trump's some kind of rebel against the establishment for violating certain conventions of speech (Wow, that's totally going to save the country! The debt will vanish! The wars will end! We'll return to sound money! All we gotta do is keep insulting Mexicans and women!), while Rand's a sell-out deserving of constant criticism because he only wants to carry out 98% of his father's program, such trifling things as the largest spending cut in history, the largest tax cut in history, and preserving the Bill of Rights. $#@! you Tom, $#@! you Lew. Go play in traffic.
    I lost interest in both Tom and Lew a few years ago. In spite of their positive points, they are so fanatical that they cancel out most of them. Someone needs to sit these two clowns down and explain to them the fact that it's not only about being right, but also doing right.

When one is trashing Lew Rockwell and Tom Woods, how big can the libertarian tent be? You people are demanding such uniformity in thought and opinion that, ironically, resemble the most hardcore of authoritarians.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I lost interest in both Tom and Lew a few years ago. In spite of their positive points, they are so fanatical that they cancel out most of them. Someone needs to sit these two clowns down and explain to them the fact that it's not only about being right, but also doing right.
    What has Lew Rockwell and Tom Woods done that isn't right?

Yes, Tom Woods is a clown because he thinks watching the political circus implode is fun. Come on dude. Some people just don't give a $#@! about the political process after Dr. Paul. I'm almost there myself. Just following Rand march until 2016. After that, I doubt I'll vote again any time soon.

Tom Woods is one of the nicest people I have ever met.

I guess Scott Horton is also an idiot for not getting on board with Rand?

If only all of them just went full Jack Hunter...
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    When one is trashing Lew Rockwell and Tom Woods, how big can the libertarian tent be? You people are demanding such uniformity in thought and opinion that, ironically, are resembling the most hardcore of authoritarians.
    Hmm. Are you saying the same thing about Lew and Tom when they trash Rand and praise Trump?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    Hmm. Are you saying the same thing about Lew and Tom when they trash Rand and praise Trump?
    I listened to the episode yesterday. I don't recall one mention of Rand. Did they even mention him?

I listened to the episode yesterday. I don't recall one mention of Rand. Did they even mention him? If not, your post is based on falsehoods.
    I'm not talking about that one episode, and you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by BGfree View Post
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...n-right-again/

As Tom notes, in the American establishment there is no dissent. Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives, all agree on issues from war to empire, from welfare to banksterism. Anyone who threatens this ruling class is, of course, demonized and–they hope–silenced. And now, right on schedule, we’re starting to hear that Trump’s supporters are racists, sexists, antisemites, etc. Ross Perot got the same treatment, as did Pat Buchanan, and for the same reason. But I have a feeling that this time, it’s not going to work. Most Americans are tired of the reign of PC terror, which grows more evil and idiotic by the day. And–trigger warning–Trump has given them safe spaces from all the micro-aggressions.

Trump has none of the qualities of Buchanan, and I don't even like Buchanan.

No, I don't. I don't follow everything Tom Woods says or does. This is the first time I've heard him in a very long time. This thread is about yesterday's episode. I don't recall one mention of Rand.

Why is the tone of your post like a person crying?

Tom Woods and Lew Rockwell are being babies. They are intentionally ignoring Rand and taking their juvenile anger out on him because he's not pure.

It's funny how they are always seeking non-political solutions to issues while fawning over Trump's political circus.

Did they mention Rand?
    They've both been attacking Rand for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BGfree View Post
    What has Lew Rockwell and Tom Woods done that isn't right?
    Attacking Rand and pumping Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    I guess Scott Horton is also an idiot for not getting on board with Rand?
    Yup, and a jackass to boot (Tom at least is well mannered).

Anyone describing himself as a libertarian who is actively trying to undermine Rand is either criminally stupid or a liar - take your pick.

If they were just not supporting Rand, ignoring him, that'd be one thing; but going out of your way to attack him is quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Tom Woods and Lew Rockwell are being babies. They are intentionally ignoring Rand and taking their juvenile anger out on him because he's not pure.

It's funny how they are always seeking non-political solutions to issues while fawning over Trump's political circus.
    Well said
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-26-2015 at 02:23 PM.

No, I don't. I don't follow everything Tom Woods says or does. This is the first time I've heard him in a very long time. This thread is about yesterday's episode. I don't recall one mention of Rand.

Why is the tone of your post like a person crying?
    Please find a Trump forum somewhere. You complain about the "libertarian tent" yet you obviously are not a Rand supporter or you wouldn't be here posting pro Trump bull$#@!. Your post was so idiotic, and you don't even realize that it applies to you more than anyone.

I listen to every episode of Tom Woods' show. He disagrees with Rand Paul on issues. He does not "bash" him and "support" Trump. He will not be campaigning and ghost writing for Trump. He is in the camp of individuals that came out of the woodwork to be involved in the political process from 2007-12 to support the greatest statesman in this country's history. And then he backed away from the political process afterward. He had explained his positions very clearly. Him and Jesse Benton and the "official campaign" did not get along. Some libertarians do not enjoy discussing politics. They enjoy actually practicing living as free as possible and not worry themselves with poll numbers.

Twitter

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heads-up to those interested, this post made by rev3 is misleading. He gives the impression that Lew and Tom criticized Rand in the episode mentioned in the OP. I don't recall one mention of Rand, and rev3 later clarified that he was referring to things Lew and Tom said in other occasions, though he posted no links.

Last edited by jj-; 08-26-2015 at 02:25 PM.

^^^Are you denying that Tom and Lew have (repeatedly) attacked Rand in the past?

Heads-up to those interested, this post made by rev3 is misleading. He gives the impression that Lew and Tom criticized Rand in the episode mentioned in the OP.
    No he didn't. His comment was harsh, but I think most of us know what he meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    I listen to every episode of Tom Woods' show. He disagrees with Rand Paul on issues.
    To "logikal" that means he is bashing Rand and loves Trump and should post at TrumpForums.com. Not only ilogikal by the way, there are others with TDS.

They've both been attacking Rand for years.

Attacking Rand and pumping Trump.

Yup, and a jackass to boot (Tom at least is well mannered).

Anyone describing himself as a libertarian who is actively trying to undermine Rand is either criminally stupid or a liar - take your pick.

If they were just not supporting Rand, ignoring him, that'd be one thing; but going out of your way to attack him is quite another.
    Actually, everything you said is just your opinion and you don't speak for all libertarians. So please calm the hell down and let people have their own views.

You are acting like Woods is "pumping Trump" because he actually want him to win.

Woods, Rockwell, Horton. All of them are anarchists who do not give a crap about the political process.

Twitter

Heads-up to those interested, this post made by rev3 is misleading. He gives the impression that Lew and Tom criticized Rand in the episode mentioned in the OP. I don't recall one mention of Rand, and rev3 later clarified that he was referring to things Lew and Tom said in other occasions.
    In their video of the first Republican debate, they both went out of their way to ignore Rand as much as possible and talk about Trump the whole time. It is intentional. They said 2 sentences about him in an hour.

^^^Are you denying that Tom and Lew have (repeatedly) attacked Rand in the past?
    Attacked and disagreed with are two different things. Also, maybe they have high standards for Rand since you know, they are personal friends of his father. And you are just an internet poster like the rest of us...

Twitter

In their video of the first Republican debate, they both went out of their way to ignore Rand as much as possible and talk about Trump the whole time. It is intentional. They said 2 sentences about him in an hour.
    Link? Woods usually does not do full hour shows.

Twitter

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's hilarious how these pro-Trump people think Trump is somehow a positive because he's "disrupting" the whole process. In reality, Trump couldn't be more part of the process. He's being used to keep serious candidates away so the establishment can win again. How exactly is this a positive? It's the same thing they did in 2012 when they pumped the other candidates. This is just a different strategy they are using. But they sure are fooling the fools.

I recall the episode differently. They commented on every intervention by Rand on the debate, and mentioned some things that could've been done better. I think they also said he won his exchange with Christie. I don't know what else you want to qualify your purity test.

I recall the episode differently. They commented on every intervention by Rand on the debate, and mentioned some things that could've been done better. I think they also said he won his exchange with Christie. I don't know what else you want to qualify your purity test.
    Are you seriously saying they are being completely unbiased here? Dude, wake up!

It's hilarious how these pro-Trump people think Trump is somehow a positive because he's "disrupting" the whole process. In reality, Trump couldn't be more part of the process. He's being used to keep serious candidates away so the establishment can win again. How exactly is this a positive? It's the same thing they did in 2012 when they pumped the other candidates. This is just a different strategy they are using. But they sure are fooling the fools.
    Again, or they are not fooling the fools and the non-"pro-Trump" people are just enjoying the show. Because, again, they are anarchists who don't give a $#@! about the political process.

Ironically, Ron Paul ran his campaign to spread liberty, educate and change hearts & minds. So after his campaign, Thomas Woods continues to education, spread liberty and change hearts & minds. Members of Ron Paul's forum denounce Woods for not going full politics like Jack $#@!ing Hunter, and instead actually follow the advise of Ron and spread the message on his own way.

There are much better ways to spread liberty & freedom than get a man elected president.

Twitter

Are you seriously saying they are being completely unbiased here? Dude, wake up!
    No, I'm saying the things you said in your post I quoted are inaccurate, to my memory. Claiming that I'm saying that:

Are you seriously saying they are being completely unbiased here?
    is called moving the goalposts, or in this case, more like putting the goalpost on an airplane to send it to another continent.

is called moving the goalposts, or in this case, more like putting the goalpost on an airplane to sending it to another continent.

What does Trump do to the goalposts? Send them to the moon?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast