Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lew and Tom on the Trump phenomenon

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

rad asks: What do you plan to do?

..why, i will thoroughly expose their republicrat hypocrisy and publicly shame them...(that's about all we do here on the world wide internet political forums, isn't it?)

...btw, tom woods in not enough of an absolute rand paul purist...he doesn't cheer like a 14 year-old girl at a beatles concert..he must be destroyed!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lemme try, they are neoconfederate closet white nationalist who are challenging a man that is almost like the reincarnation of Jesus/Buddha, Rand Paul! They should be blacklisted by every self respecting Libertarian. Rand Paul isn't just a libertarian. He is libertarianism. What he does is libertarianism in practice! What he says is its doctrine. These neoconfederate shrills who are obviously supporters of radical Islam, and who are critical of the greatest and the most humane democracy of all time which is our indispensable dear ally Israel should be boycotted and hounded like the dogs they are in social media!

All they are discussing is Trump, calm down. (Although they didn't mention Rand opposed Iraq as well... But I think Rand vs. Ron drama is really touchy in those circles that are close to Ron... But that is a whole completely different topic).

My dislike of Trump comes from more of the view that Rand is supposed to be what he has obtained the spotlight for (the anti-establishment guy). His name, his fame, his money, has completely overshadowed our efforts. I like that he is basically just saying whatever he wants, but I hate that I know he will not be what I want in office. He is establishment in a non-establishment guy. So he overshadows a real candidate who will create real change. Sucks, because he has that comedian ability to just turn around any attack/insult/whatever into a joke or turn it out to be a benefit. I have absolutely no solution to this other than we need basically like a libertarian comedian or something to run against him (brainstorming).

I don't think fighting Trump in terms of "look how serious I am about real things" will work. WE have this horrid population that thrives on pure entertainment over substance (and reality frankly) when it comes to politics. We have to fight fire with fire if we hope to win, sadly. This campaign needs to get dirty, angry, and whatever things we don't want to do if we want to combat a tv personality. You don't beat a comedian by telling him how "inappropriate" his jokes are. You beat him by telling better ones.
    Last edited by Jingles; 09-02-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Tom had another episode on the debate on Wednesday with Lew.

This time, Tom gives Rand props for some of his answers on drugs and war. Of course old ass Lew has to drop "but" on everything. He is just a whining douchebag who wants to talk about politics & elections but doesn't want to acknowledge when someone actually "plays the game" correctly. He can't understands that Rand is playing to the crowd in front of him, not the Mises Institute.

Just my two cents.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

None of them support Trump, especially his protectionist trade policy.

Rand supporters are thin skinned wimps these days. That's why he's being ignored. He needs to come out swinging instead of this wishy-washy nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by sylcfh View Post
    None of them support Trump, especially his protectionist trade policy.

Rand supporters are thin skinned wimps these days. That's why he's being ignored. He needs to come out swinging instead of this wishy-washy nonsense.
    Like the largest tax cut in American history ($300 billion, eliminates payroll tax), and the largest spending cut in American history ($500 billion, eliminates whole departments)?

Yea, that's some weak pussy $#@!, huh?

He should, like, talk about building a wall on the border or sumptin, and insult media people, duh Alpha pwns duh noobz brah!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Like the largest tax cut in American history ($300 billion, eliminates payroll tax), and the largest spending cut in American history ($500 billion, eliminates whole departments)?

Yea, that's some weak pussy $#@!, huh?

He should, like, talk about building a wall on the border or sumptin, and insult media people, duh Alpha pwns duh noobz brah!

Yeah, it is. It's a load of fluff. Congress will shut down anyone who attempts major spending cuts. Besides, the FED will continue to print money regardless of tax rates. It's simply a choice between a stealth tax (inflation) or getting robbed every April.

Rand Paul is more interested in playing politics than spreading liberty. Ron was as radical as possible, and that didn't work. Neither is Rand's strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by sylcfh View Post
    Yeah, it is. It's a load of fluff. Congress will shut down anyone who attempts major spending cuts. Besides, the FED will continue to print money regardless of tax rates. It's simply a choice between a stealth tax (inflation) or getting robbed every April.

Rand Paul is more interested in playing politics than spreading liberty. Ron was as radical as possible, and that didn't work. Neither is Rand's strategy.
    Huh? Ron was as radical as possible, that didn't work. Rand is not as radical as possible, that isn't working. So, what is going to work? Tripling Federal police forces and building walls that are going to be used to keep Americans in? Yeah, that's really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Huh? Ron was as radical as possible, that didn't work. Rand is not as radical as possible, that isn't working. So, what is going to work? Tripling Federal police forces and building walls that are going to be used to keep Americans in? Yeah, that's really tough.

Clearly the best strategies magic unicorns and giving the straw man a brain.

No one in this thread is arguing that Trump is anything more than a circus act.

Those who run the media and the political parties have no principles. They don't care if you play their game or give them the finger. They will not allow the message of liberty to be spread using their networks.

Trump is a pathological liar that is trying to portray himself as someone with Asperger like symptoms. I wonder how long can he really continue this dualism and systematically offend people to get media attention and then take it back a day later as if he didn't mean it. He has mastered the art of convincing people what he wants them to believe almost religiously.

Telling people to quit voting is completly in sync with libertarians who vote for liberty. If "stop voting" libertarians convince enough people to abstain, some day maybe voter turn out will actually represent what it should be: those who dont want government anymore and prefer liberty. A 30 % voter turn out would mean 70% want liberty instead of idiots in charge...As for Rand, he is using the platform of the elections to do as his dad did: spread the idea of liberty. President or not, the idea wins more over. Donald Trump's popularity is downright depressing...Libertarian voters will never out vote this tendancy to place bad people in high places. Don' t hate the players, simply dont play the game.
    Last edited by awake; 09-20-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234