Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Should Cops Be Allowed To Take Control of Self-Driving Cars?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    That would be NVIDIA at present.
    Which does a lot more business in Consumer than automotive.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Which does a lot more business in Consumer than automotive.
    Yeah, but apparently they are currently contracted with Audi....hmmm....
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What if a hacker programs cars to go on a killing spree?
    Jeeze not only do you have to worry about drones targeting you, you will have to worry about people's cars suddenly recognizing you and going after the kill. Everyone's car turns into a cop car.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    yep...big money. Anyone think that in order to have one of these cars, you would need to have a chip implant in your body somewhere?..
    That's already here.

All you have to do is implant the "proximity chip" all new cars have.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's already here.

All you have to do is implant the "proximity chip" all new cars have.
    Well, you don't have to have it implanted. You can carry it in your pocket.

But tell the writers of a few crime dramas to make a big deal about carjacking and the sheep will be begging for implants. Even if their car is twenty years old and only running on three cylinders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I think I have the only legitimate answer that authorizes a cop to take over a self-driving car: when the car is their personal property.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think I have the only legitimate answer that authorizes a cop to take over a self-driving car: when the car is their personal property.
    Nonsense.

Officer safety is paramount.

Within 50 years it will be illegal to own a driver controlled vehicle. All cars will be equipped with cameras and location trackers that communicate with a central database. Police and government officials will be able to summon your vehicle to the police station, or simply pull you over with a few taps of their keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Within 50 years it will be illegal to own a driver controlled vehicle. All cars will be equipped with cameras and location trackers that communicate with a central database. Police and government officials will be able to summon your vehicle to the police station, or simply pull you over with a few taps of their keyboard.
    In 50 years it will be illegal to own a car.

Press Release:

People are often to busy, or just don't care enough about their vehicle to care for it in a manner to ensure optimal safety and reliability. While this was tolerable in the past, this is the year 2060, and our transportation network is fully integrated for optimal efficiency and safety.

Example if the vehicle you are in encounters an unexpected tire deflation event, while in a transport train on the interstate, this will cause all the vehicles participating to have to slow down, or exit the optimized air flow cavity, and will cause a financial and time expensive for all the other vehicle occupants, also it will reduce the efficiency of road utilization, an expense for which you would be liable. Communal transport frees you of the worry, expensive, and liability vehicle ownership incurred upon the owner.

Our entire fleet of vehicles are checked daily, full exterior scan, full decontamination of the interior, a level 1 20 minute power train test, all government approved and tested vehicle updates are applied, all fluids are tested using chemical analysis, so fluids are changed when they need to be and not before or after. All of this is done without any human involvement, and at trivial expense. Not to mention, all cars feed realtime data on terrain and road conditions to the central transport authority, so potholes are now a thing of the past!

In 2060 New York City has a population of 15 million people, most cars before the communal transport initiative was enacted would sit sometimes for days with zero utilization. Obviously in a major city, space is a valuable resource, by banning personal car ownership, and taking on the full responsibility of maintaining the vehicles, parking or circling them while not in use, we have managed to save enough space to add 4 million more people to our beautiful city, in the same area, and retaining or enhancing the living environment for all our proud citizens.

Fleeing criminals were a problem in the past, today, it would not be possible to "flee", hacked vehicles are immediately reported by all the communal cars, and unoccupied cars if it is deemed safe will attempt to slow or stop any such vehicle. As a result some areas of crime have drop over 95%, and the last car jacking was reported in 2050, by an elderly felon suffering from dementia.

Overall, we are pretty proud of the progress we have made, in forging a path to a more connected, safer, efficient future.

What's a Community without Communal Property after all.

The Communal Transport Initiative... Safe, Efficient, Available, Fast... What's not to love.

Download your app now.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 08-27-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    So kind of like the pussy cops in Demolition Man, except way way more violent and not brady-bunch versions of themselves?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any bets on how many single digit hours it will take from when this tech rolls out for the first kidnap for ransom to happen?

GF dumps you? For enough BTC you can have her delivered to a SWAT team firing squad as a convicted serial killer...

Like totally awesome dude!

-t

I never will have one. By that time I will be pushing a shopping cart full of random $#@! anyway.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Technology does not have a political agenda.
    Imagine the cops take control of your car?

Imagine if YOU take control of the COP'S car!

Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post

What if a hacker programs cars to go on a killing spree?
    Jeeze not only do you have to worry about drones targeting you, you will have to worry about people's cars suddenly recognizing you and going after the kill. Everyone's car turns into a cop car.
    The more I learn about the future the more I continue to say Terminator is a documentary and not a sci-fi flick.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12