Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporter and cameraman killed by gunman during live broadcast.

Reporter and cameraman killed by gunman during live broadcast.

MONETA (WSLS 10) – Police are searching for a person who they say shot at multiple people Wednesday morning, killing WDBJ7’s reporter Alison Parker, 24, and photojournalist Adam Ward, 27, at the Bridgewater Plaza near Smith Mountain Lake.

According to Franklin County Sheriff Department’s Spokesperson Phillip Young, the shooting occurred at the Bedford County-Franklin County line in Moneta at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday, August 26.

WDBJ7 says the shooting occurred during their live shot and are asking for prayers during this difficult time.

Members with Bedford, Franklin County and Virginia State Police are on scene. Sgt. Ryan Young with the Virginia Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries confirmed half a dozen of their department are on scene searching the shoreline and surrounding area.

Police say they continue to look for the shooter at this time and are hoping to get a description out to the public shortly. This incident remains under investigation.

At this time, Bedford County Public Schools are on perimeter lock-down until further notice, according to the superintendent. For those students on their way to school, officials say they will be secured upon arrival.
    http://wsls.com/2015/08/26/police-re...gewater-plaza/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's horrible.

From the picture, I am thinking Islamic Terrorism.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...40704873971712
    Last edited by kahless; 08-26-2015 at 08:24 AM. Reason: tried to add tweet pic came from
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I'm guessing another Trump supporter.

OK, there's a gun in his right hand. What is under his left hand? Possibly a tool belt?

Where is this?

NVM I looked it up, Va.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not I, I'm betting one of 'em pissed off an ex.......

We'll see?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...broadcast.html

The gunman doesn't look the same in the above photo on Daily Mail. Maybe the first one was digitally manipulated?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Not I, I'm betting one of 'em pissed off an ex.......

We'll see?
    She does not strike me as the type to have dated a guy that looks like he came out of a cave with Bin Laden. You never know though.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-26-2015 at 08:11 AM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

FYI...I live right down the road from this....and they have a suspect. That's all I can say for right now.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

She does not strike me as the type to be dating a guy that looks like he came out of a cave with Bin Laden. You never know though.
    I doubt she was dating him.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

She does not strike me as the type to be dating a guy that looks like he came out of a cave with Bin Laden. You never know though.
    She had been dating another reporter at the station who was present in the newsroom when this all went down. He said they had been together for 9 months and today was her last day reporting for this station as she had gotten a job reporting in Charlotte, NC and they were both moving there. Today was supposed to be a celebration for them. How quickly life can change for any one of us. In the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I doubt she was dating him.
    Meant dated.

From the bottom picture he still looks like he has a full beard to.

Awe jeez--this is horrific and so very sad. Prayers for their families.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The gunman doesn't look the same in the above photo on Daily Mail. Maybe the first one was digitally manipulated?
    Just noticed that tweet pic came from Prison Planet. Oddly it will not allow me to embed the tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    She had been dating another reporter at the station who was present in the newsroom when this all went down. He said they had been together for 9 months and today was her last day reporting for this station as she had gotten a job reporting in Charlotte, NC and they were both moving there. Today was supposed to be a celebration for them. How quickly life can change for any one of us. In the blink of an eye.
    So true. RIP
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

High speed chase on I 81 N in Virginia (North of Roanoke) according to a twitter tweet.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Just noticed that tweet pic came from Prison Planet. Oddly it will not allow me to embed the tweet.

Put the link up then.

ETA: I found it here: https://twitter.com/bamasevere/status/636537067288326144/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Put the link up then.

Very sad. And that video, ugh. The look on her face was horrifying. If only someone had been there to protect her/them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

FYI...I live right down the road from this....and they have a suspect. That's all I can say for right now.
    Good. This is not the kind of thing that should happen anywhere and whomever did it needs to be taken out of society.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disgruntled employee of the station.

Thank you. I just found the story too. http://www.infowars.com/virginia-tv-...ive-interview/

Possibly a disgruntled employee
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

By the photo.... Man is a black male. Pretty sure it's not Muslim terrorism.

I've spent alot of time at Smith Mountain Lake, where this plaza is. It is extremely peaceful area. Right in the heart of moonshine country.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Possibly a disgruntled employee
    They are saying former and they are reporting they are still chasing him. Do you still think they have him custody?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast