Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Reporter and cameraman killed by gunman during live broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Watched the video. Can you even refer to one single point in that 10-minute video that isn't stupid as hell and doesn't prove anything?
    Crashland, I said last night that I believe you and your alter ego/compadre ThePaleoLibertarian are "for hire", paid trolls on this forum. This is the last response either one of you two will get from me.

So f'k off. I don't answer your questions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Crashland, I said last night that I believe you and your alter ego/compadre ThePaleoLibertarian are "for hire", paid trolls on this forum. This is the last response either one of you two will get from me.

So f'k off. I don't answer your questions.
    You don't have to. It's a shame though that your reasoning is clouded by paranoia, to the point of leveling baseless accusations and calling for me to be kicked from the forum. It is the exact same problem which is affecting how you see this VA shooting case, and this is coming from someone who highly values skepticism. I hope you will come to understand this and get past your confirmation bias.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    sure seems an effort in the media to stir $#@!, even... to the point of, manufacturing it ! ? ! ? ! ?
    It is being used already and narratives being manufactured, these are just two examples:

Obama: Number of people who die from guns dwarfs any deaths that happen through terrorism

George Zimmerman calls Obama ‘racist,’ Vester Flanagan ‘pansy’ after Va. shooting

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Here he is again this morning on CNN calling out the NRA. One interview same day as the murder and the other a little over 24 hours later.
    Virginia shooting victim's father says he will need to buy gun to defend himself

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ifying-details

So in my quest to make sense of this senseless tragedy, I found this video on youtube. But because I have very little knowledge about guns other than what I have experienced while playing battlefield 4, I am not sure what to make of it.

So I have a few questions
    It is normal to shoot a handgun like the caliber used in the crime using one hand with that small of a recoil?
    Are there pistols out there that can hide the spent shell inside the gun instead of spitting it out?
    Lastly, shouldn't we be able to see the impact on the victim after being shot by a gun at that range? maybe a jolt of some kind?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Watched the video. Can you even refer to one single point in that 10-minute video that isn't stupid as hell and doesn't prove anything?
    Psssst. Everyone paying attention knows the story is fake by now. But keep on buying the media nonsense if you must.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

This 30X's slow motion is very interesting.

Double Standard: CIA Leaks And Planted News Stories
    CIA has controlled corporate news media for decades
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/double-...tories/5427815
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I remember the Kennedy Assassination, Watergate, VietNam, Iran Contra. and the saga of the Middle East that began just before my birth.

I watched this $#@!. And I don't believe any was my fault,, even though I volunteered for Nam out of some misplaced sense of patriotism. I never made it there. and I took my education and left.

What they say happened is often not what, or all of what happened.

And they accuse folks like me of "memory loss"..
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-02-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You definitely get a muzzle flash from a Glock 9mm, but it's duration is less than a frame, so you maybe have a 1 in 5 chance of capturing it at 60fps, or a 1 in 10 chance of catching it at 30fps. If your camera is cheap and runs at 30fps or less, there is a good chance you will not catch the brass ejection either. Occam's Razor, the anomalies described are more likely explained by a shytty camera (brass ejecting) and a lucky frame timing (muzzle flash).

You will notice a couple things from the "control" Glock. First the camera is WAY higher quality, with a significantly higher FPS rate, and yet the brass is still only showing in a single frame on the control. Second, he is shooting into dry dust, in order to make the impact look larger. Third, he is allowing the recoil to move the weapon rather than trying to muscle the weapon. That is "proper" shooting technique, but if you try to muscle the weapon the appearance of recoil is greatly diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    You definitely get a muzzle flash from a Glock 9mm, but it's duration is less than a frame, so you maybe have a 1 in 5 chance of capturing it at 60fps, or a 1 in 10 chance of catching it at 30fps. If your camera is cheap and runs at 30fps or less, there is a good chance you will not catch the brass ejection either. Occam's Razor, the anomalies described are more likely explained by a shytty camera (brass ejecting) and a lucky frame timing (muzzle flash).

You will notice a couple things from the "control" Glock. First the camera is WAY higher quality, with a significantly higher FPS rate, and yet the brass is still only showing in a single frame on the control. Second, he is shooting into dry dust, in order to make the impact look larger. Third, he is allowing the recoil to move the weapon rather than trying to muscle the weapon. That is "proper" shooting technique, but if you try to muscle the weapon the appearance of recoil is greatly diminished.
    Perhaps,, and regardless.
    I found the "Manifesto" truly questionable on several levels. and not limited to authenticity.

I wonder who was crawling around in this guys head while under the influence of hypnotic pharmaceuticals.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Something curious I noticed. How does a ~150lb (or less, just a guess) female get shot twice in the gut with a 9mm, and then proceed to run away at full speed, in high heels, without any sign of imbalance?

May be possible, but curious.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Perhaps,, and regardless.
    I found the "Manifesto" truly questionable on several levels. and not limited to authenticity.

I wonder who was crawling around in this guys head while under the influence of hypnotic pharmaceuticals.

That is an order of magnitude more plausible.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

A fight isn't over with a gunshot. Adrenalin is a big thing. Firearms aren't a magic talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Something curious I noticed. How does a ~150lb (or less, just a guess) female get shot twice in the gut with a 9mm, and then proceed to run away at full speed, in high heels, without any sign of imbalance?

May be possible, but curious.
    This guy was fatally wounded at the start of the shoot out.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

eta: gotta love a black guy with an Irish name. Hope we get to meet his brother, Sheamus O'Shaughnessy soon. Oh me lucky charms!
    Last edited by devil21; 09-02-2015 at 02:17 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So in my quest to make sense of this senseless tragedy, I found this video on youtube. But because I have very little knowledge about guns other than what I have experienced while playing battlefield 4, I am not sure what to make of it.

So I have a few questions
    It is normal to shoot a handgun like the caliber used in the crime using one hand with that small of a recoil?
    Are there pistols out there that can hide the spent shell inside the gun instead of spitting it out?
    Lastly, shouldn't we be able to see the impact on the victim after being shot by a gun at that range? maybe a jolt of some kind?
    1 thing about the ejection- in the live broadcast footage, at least one ejected casing is shown near the end of the video, when the camera is coming to rest on the ground.

It is still unclear if she was hit by the first 2 shots. There is 1 frame that shows a muzzle flash of the first shot; not sure how far the bullet would have traveled by then, but in that frame, the gun is aimed somewhere below her elbow, so it could have traveled in front of her without hitting anything, or grazed her. The second shot is aimed a bit higher, could have hit her right shoulder or missed slightly above.

The impact from being shot depends on the weapon/ammo and where it hits. I think the shooter mentioned he was using hollow points, FWIW.
    Last edited by CPUd; 09-02-2015 at 02:56 PM.

^^^^^^
    There's no casings being ejected from the gun while Irishman Flanagan is 'firing' it.

Well, none that we can see. Here is one from a few seconds later:

OK, what about this:

https://youtu.be/vRlPbG0Ke5o

Not quite conclusive, but does raise some questions.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Police hunt 'disgruntled employee' believed to have killed 2 on live TV

DEVELOPING: The manhunt is on for a gunman believed to be a "disgruntled employee" who shot and killed two media members and wounded a third person on live television Wednesday morning in Virginia.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe said police, who are in pursuit of the alleged shooter, believed the suspect was a "disgruntled employee" of the TV station, WTOP reported.

"Law enforcement personnel have a photo of the suspect," McAuliffe said. "We believe it's a disgruntled employee of the station, and they're in pursuit."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/26...w-in-virginia/
    Cue frantic demands for more gun control in 3... 2...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Boyfriend of Reporter Killed Live on Air Wins Seat in Virginia’s House of Delegates

Former WDBJ anchor Chris Hurst ran for state office on a gun control platform against an NRA-endorsed Republican incumbent

Debbie Emery | November 7, 2017 @ 8:50 PM Getty Images/WDBJ

Chris Hurst, a former TV anchor whose girlfriend was shot and killed live on air in 2015, has won the race for the 12th district of Virginia’s House of Delegates.
    He and Alison Parker both worked for Roanoke, Virginia, TV station WDBJ when Parker and cameraman Adam Ward were shot to death during a live television broadcast.
    Hurst ran against an NRA-endorsed Republican incumbent, Joseph Yost.

According to police officials in Virginia at the time, Vester Flanagan, a disgruntled former WDBJ employee who went by the on-air name of Bryce Williams, gunned down Parker and Ward while they were broadcasting live on Aug. 26, 2015. As the tragedy unfolded, viewers heard several shots and saw Parker scream and run. Ward captured an image of the suspect holding a gun as he fell to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Boyfriend of Reporter Killed Live on Air Wins Seat in Virginia’s House of Delegates

Former WDBJ anchor Chris Hurst ran for state office on a gun control platform against an NRA-endorsed Republican incumbent

Debbie Emery | November 7, 2017 @ 8:50 PM Getty Images/WDBJ

Chris Hurst, a former TV anchor whose girlfriend was shot and killed live on air in 2015, has won the race for the 12th district of Virginia’s House of Delegates.
    He and Alison Parker both worked for Roanoke, Virginia, TV station WDBJ when Parker and cameraman Adam Ward were shot to death during a live television broadcast.
    Hurst ran against an NRA-endorsed Republican incumbent, Joseph Yost.

According to police officials in Virginia at the time, Vester Flanagan, a disgruntled former WDBJ employee who went by the on-air name of Bryce Williams, gunned down Parker and Ward while they were broadcasting live on Aug. 26, 2015. As the tragedy unfolded, viewers heard several shots and saw Parker scream and run. Ward captured an image of the suspect holding a gun as he fell to the ground.
    There is a video of her at vegas speaking to the camera.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011