Thread: Stocks going crazy, stick to your plan of reinvestment?

Stocks going crazy, stick to your plan of reinvestment?

Let's look at it, stock market beleivers.

DJI had a 2.5 % annual return. (Dividends reinvested).

Gold, ~300 to ~1100 now.

What is that in 15 years?

Oh frick.

Last edited by Danke; 08-25-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A 50% loss requires a 100% correction. What a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Gold, ~300 to ~1100 now.

What is that in 15 years?
    9%

I'm sticking with my regular plan:

continue to panic.

Those who considered (or even actually did) dropping their stocks when the correction hit- did you have the same reaction when other assets like gold and silver peaked and fell? Did you sell or consider selling them? "Get out while you can!" somebody said.

(GOLD FALLS $30 IN TWO DAYS!)

I am standing pat. No reason to panic but to wait it out. Or buy more on the dip (may have missed the bottom).

I also note that the "end is near!" posts quickly disappeared after yesterday's 600 point jump in the DOW.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-27-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Those who considered (or even actually did) dropping their stocks when the correction hit- did you have the same reaction when other assets like gold and silver peaked and fell? Did you sell or consider selling them? "Get out while you can!" somebody said.

(GOLD FALLS $30 IN TWO DAYS!)

I am standing pat. No reason to panic but to wait it out. Or buy more on the dip (may have missed the bottom).

I also note that the "end is near!" posts quickly disappeared after yesterday's 600 point jump in the DOW.
    Just stuff it and stop baiting. Anybody paying attention knows the last week has been the warm-up phase where stops are taken out, urging the little guy to buy back in on the ramp up.....before it really crashes next month. Stop baiting. Paul....checks clearing....Leg....uh huh, stop baiting.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

As for me, I am sticking to my plan. I was not bothered in the least by the recent stock market wildness.

I am not exactly a "stock market believer" either, though.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Just stuff it and stop baiting. Anybody paying attention knows the last week has been the warm-up phase where stops are taken out, urging the little guy to buy back in on the ramp up.....before it really crashes next month. Stop baiting. Paul....checks clearing....Leg....uh huh, stop baiting.
    You have been promising a crash since the last one in 2007. "It is coming soon- just you wait!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You have been promising a crash since the last one in 2007. "It is coming soon- just you wait!"
    Well how long have we had artificially low interest rates now? Is that just going to go on forever? Either way it's going to tank. Just the hint of a possible .25 raise sent the market into a panic. Obviously there's a huge bubble and the Fed can't keep ignoring reality.
    "Look, the American people have chosen to have a fiat money standard because they want a welfare state. You cannot have a gold standard and a welfare state at the same time. You have to make the choice. We have made a decision as a society that we’ll be dealing with the welfare state." -Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by dbill27 View Post
    Well how long have we had artificially low interest rates now? Is that just going to go on forever? Either way it's going to tank. Just the hint of a possible .25 raise sent the market into a panic. Obviously there's a huge bubble and the Fed can't keep ignoring reality.
    It's all planned. TPTB have been running the same scam over and over. The 'money' in the stock market doesn't just disappear. It goes into TPTB's pockets, rewarding themselves for another 7 years of job-well-done, while Joe 6pack naively thinks he has a chance.

eta: of course, if you ask one of TPTB about it, they'll remind you that it was never Joe's money in the first place, so TPTB taking it back isn't technically 'stealing'. One can't steal their own property. And TPTB would be correct. The 'money' is owned by the private Fed (the Fed's owners, actually) and Joe 6pack is allowed to use it, in exchange for a 'user fee'. Joe is playing a game of which he has no clue what the rules are.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-27-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    9%
    I'll take that over near zero.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It is possible to invest in both. Dollar cost averaging, re-invested dividends, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    It is possible to invest in both.
    Both!?!!? No. That's crazy!