Thread: Alabama Police Shoot Woman After She Shot Home Invader

Alabama Police Shoot Woman After She Shot Home Invader

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...n-home-invader

Woman’s estranged husband, police spokesman says
    Officer opened fire when woman did not drop her shotgun when asked

Police in Alabama said officers shot a woman who had shot an intruder during a home invasion after she didn’t drop her weapon.

Huntsville police spokesman lieutenant Darryl Lawson told local news site AL.com the woman’s estranged husband came into the house she shared with her mother armed with a gun on Sunday afternoon. The woman opened fire with a shotgun, wounding him.

Her mother called 911 and when police arrived, they heard gunshots and saw the woman in the garage holding the shotgun. They demanded she drop the weapon and when she turned toward them with the gun in her hand, at least one officer fired.

Officers say the estranged husband’s injuries are life-threatening. The woman is expected to survive.

Lawson says the officer who shot the woman has been placed on administrative leave.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like she had the situation well taken care of. Unless she wasn't planning on disposing of the body herself I don't know why her mother felt the need to call police. And only then after a call to a liaryer.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sounds like she had the situation well taken care of. Unless she wasn't planning on disposing of the body herself I don't know why her mother felt the need to call police. And only then after a call to a liaryer.
    The same reason most people these days would all police---that's what most people have been trained to do. The notion that you don't call the police is currently counter-cultural.

Why would they even see her as a threat? If I were them I'd just walk up, maybe put a hand on her shoulder and give her a little comfort. Pat her on the back. If she points her gun at me, no big deal, I'm not gonna freak out and shoot her. Come on, how many WOMEN do you know that shoot cops? Be real for a second. For that matter, how many homicidally insane women are there? Oh there's a few, but come on now. Be real.

Suburbanites aren't violent, use a little common sense cops.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Why would they even see her as a threat? If I were them I'd just walk up, maybe put a hand on her shoulder and give her a little comfort. Pat her on the back. If she points her gun at me, no big deal, I'm not gonna freak out and shoot her. Come on, how many WOMEN do you know that shoot cops? Be real for a second. For that matter, how many homicidally insane women are there? Oh there's a few, but come on now. Be real.

It's drummed in that if they hesitate, they're dead. They need some "If you don't hesitate and murder an innocent person, you go to prison," training.

Why would they even see her as a threat? [...]
    "Because $#@! you, that's why!" - Officer Friendly
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The first thing I'm NOT gonna do is to walk up on an excitable individual holding a shot gun and pat them on the back. The second thing I'm NOT gonna do is shoot them outright because I've placed myself in the open, in a vulnerable position, if they choose not to drop the gun.

Actually, that's reminiscent of what cops did when one of their brethren wasted his estranged wife right in front of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would they even see her as a threat? If I were them I'd just walk up, maybe put a hand on her shoulder and give her a little comfort. Pat her on the back.
    They only do that for other cops, like the one in NJ a while back who murdered his wife, then got hugs and pats on the back from his "brothers."