Thread: Fearing Trump Indie Run, State GOP Leaders Mull Tying Party Loyalty Oath to Ballot Access

Fearing Trump Indie Run, State GOP Leaders Mull Tying Party Loyalty Oath to Ballot Access

http://truthinmedia.com/state-gop-le...-loyalty-oath/

Fearing a scenario in which candidate Donald Trump refuses to support the party's eventual nominee and runs as a third-party candidate, the Virginia and North Carolina Republican parties are considering requiring candidates to sign a party loyalty oath in order to obtain ballot access in the presidential primary.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate this idea. I don't want Trump as president, but I hate this idea.

50% of voters are Independent/3rd Party people who have abandoned the two establishment parties. Well...per the 2014 Mid-Term numbers. Establishment parties are crapping bricks, for sure. Heh.

Gunny says NC no way that will happen.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Gunny says NC no way that will happen.
    NC is filled with carpetbaggers from my neck of the woods. They could vote for the loudmouth New Yawker.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    Fearing a scenario in which candidate Donald Trump refuses to support the party's eventual nominee and runs as a third-party candidate, the Virginia and North Carolina Republican parties are considering requiring candidates to sign a party loyalty oath in order to obtain ballot access in the presidential primary.
    That sounds like a great way to get Trump to ... well, refuse to support the party's eventual nominee and run as a third-party candidate ...

(And that's assuming that it even "works" - if doesn't, then what's the point?)

Stupid party is stupid.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·