Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, Trump supporters: Remember your boy Ken Cuccinelli?

Hey, Trump supporters: Remember your boy Ken Cuccinelli?

He's not with you.

KEN CUCCINELLI BACKS RULE FORCING DONALD TRUMP TO VOW NO THIRD-PARTY RUN

And once again, ol' Ken takes the wrong position (in my opinion.) I wouldn't support a rule that "forces" Trump to vow a no Third-Party run.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dumb, dumb, dumb move. At this point, the best way to defeat Trump is to try as much as possible to pay him no attention. Don't insult him publicly (especially if you are a republican part rep), stop trying to road block him and just let him do his thing in hope that he would finally take it too far.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Dumb, dumb, dumb move. At this point, the best way to defeat Trump is to try as much as possible to pay him no attention. Don't insult him publicly (especially if you are a republican part rep), stop trying to road block him and just let him do his thing in hope that he would finally take it too far.
    Yeah, I agree. They only rally his supporters more when they talk about blocking him.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yeah, I agree. They only rally his supporters more when they talk about blocking him.
    Anyone else remember eight years ago when these exact same sheep were hating on Ron Paul because the exact same source of Fox$#@! was telling them he would run as an independent if he didn't get the nomination? They only seem to be able to get upset when they're told to, and then only about what they're told to get upset about.

I remember in 2000 talking to this guy who obviously didn't know the French and Indian Wars from the Boer War, and he was telling me he was going to vote for Dubya 'cause educamation.

'He's not exactly as good on education as he says. While he was governor of Texas it was ranked 48th of the fifty states.'

'Well, I don't necessarily believe all those numbers...'

'The Rand Corporation.'

'Well, I'm going to vote for him anyway.'

They love to pretend they put some thought into these things. But all they think about is what kind of excuse they can use to do what they want to do. And what they want to do depends on what Fox$#@! they've been fed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Ken Cuccinelli made his career as a prosecutor for the state.
    That's all anyone SHOULD need to make a determination about his character, his values, and his goals.
    Frankly, if Cuccinelli is against Trump, then it inspires me to go support Trump.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

What's the connection between Cuccinelli and Trump supporters?

Huh? Ken is more in the liberty wing. He may be helping out Rand here.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Good question, considering a bunch of folks on here backed Cuccinelli during his run for Governor, and that was before Trump even declared a run. So the connection? I'm not seeing it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Huh? Ken is more in the liberty wing. He may be helping out Rand here.
    This again? Cuccinelli supported a law banning oral sex in Virginia. I'm not interested in the justification for such a law....there is no justification if you're going to put him in the "liberty wing." If you want to put him in the uber-social-conservative wing, you might have something there.

As to your second point, if he strengthens the Trump base by rallying them he's not helping Rand.

The connection is in the OP article. That is all.

The connection is in the OP article. That is all.
    Nothing in the article supported calling Cuccinelli their boy. Those were your words. I don't get it. It seems like Trump supporters and Cuccinelli come from opposite ends of the spectrum.

And once again, ol' Ken takes the wrong position (in my opinion.) I wouldn't support a rule that "forces" Trump to vow a no Third-Party run.
    Why is it the wrong position in your opinion? Why wouldn't a private organization do what its best for that organization? Non compete clauses and employment restrictions are common in the business world, entertainment world and sports world. I don't see this as any different. Its time to treat these political parties as private organizations rather than public.

This again? Cuccinelli supported a law banning oral sex in Virginia. I'm not interested in the justification for such a law....there is no justification if you're going to put him in the "liberty wing." If you want to put him in the uber-social-conservative wing, you might have something there.

As to your second point, if he strengthens the Trump base by rallying them he's not helping Rand.
    The liberty wing and the uber social conservative wing are the same thing.

No, not always. Case in point: Ken Cuccinelli.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Why is it the wrong position in your opinion? Why wouldn't a private organization do what its best for that organization?
    It would. But this wouldn't be best for the organization. The GOP needs to reassure its voters that the establishment is on their side and that it's not manipulating things in smoke filled rooms. A move like this would have the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Ken Cuccinelli made his career as a prosecutor for the state.
    That's all anyone SHOULD need to make a determination about his character, his values, and his goals.
    Frankly, if Cuccinelli is against Trump, then it inspires me to go support Trump.
    Just as a hypothetical, if Cuccinelli had (say) dropped every drug case out of moral principle, and all similar cases, would that make a difference to you?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, not always. Case in point: Ken Cuccinelli.
    Maybe. But not because of being socially conservative. There are things I don't like about him, including his stance on the non-issue of sodomy laws. But didn't he support Ron Paul for president?

It would. But this wouldn't be best for the organization. The GOP needs to reassure its voters that the establishment is on their side and that it's not manipulating things in smoke filled rooms. A move like this would have the opposite effect.
    Ok, if that's the argument then fair enough; but I disagree. It seems to me that most people that vote in primaries are just like sports team fans and supporting a different team is one of the worst things you can do. they hate players that go to other teams and hold grudges.

dupe
    Last edited by kahless; 08-25-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Well, the uber social conservative wing would probably more consistently be theonomic, not your brand of libertarian. Which is pro-liberty but most people here don't think so.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Spreading disinformation in thread title about the opposition in hopes it will stick, classic RPF.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-25-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I will add that Cuccinelli should be pushing for a party-paid caucus system instead of taxpayer funded primary if this is his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Well, the uber social conservative wing would probably more consistently be theonomic, not your brand of libertarian. Which is pro-liberty but most people here don't think so.
    I'm not a theonomist. But among all the groups out there in American politics, they are easily the closest allies libertarians have.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Spreading disinformation about the opposition in hopes it will stick, classic RPF.
    If so, good for RPF.

But what disinformation?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not a theonomist. But among all the groups out there in American politics, they are easily the closest allies libertarians have.
    Absolutely. Most people here disagree with that though

LOL! What are you talking about, Cajun? Trump gave at least $25,000 to Terry McAuliffe. There's nothing surprising about the fact that Ken would oppose Trump.

I like Ken Cuccinelli, just like Ron Paul and Rand Paul do. He has no connection to Donald Trump, thankfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

acptulsa, you neg rep whore, why not explain to me how Trump supporters are "Ken Cuccinelli" supporters rather than hide behind the rep system.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    acptulsa, you neg rep whore, why not explain to me how Trump supporters are "Ken Cuccinelli" supporters rather than hide behind the rep system.
    I don't think Trump supporters are Ken Cuccinelli supporters. But I agree with acptulsa that your rep bar should be red. So thanks for the reminder.

Why do we have so many threads addressing "Trump supporters"? It seems to me there are maybe like 10 at the most who publicly acknowledge their support if that. We just had that poll and I think last I looked, only one person voted in support of Trump and it wasn't even a public poll.

Trump support is weak, just vocal. And most of them are the types that would vote for anyone who was popular, authoritarian, and politically offensive.

Just feel like we're giving them too much credit.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I don't think Trump supporters are Ken Cuccinelli supporters. But I agree with acptulsa that your rep bar should be red. So thanks for the reminder.
    That is because you an acptulsa are not Rand Paul supporters. Your posts indicate a pattern of intentionally trying to drive members here away from Rand to other candidates.

This forum is to help bring people over to Rand Paul and other liberty candidates. If you did not think members here are fully on-board with Rand then you make the case why they should be.

I have already stated I support Rand as a Senator and will support him if he wins the nomination. Yet and your ilk are doing everything in your power to drive me and other members away from supporting Rand.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast