Thread: Glenn Beck will not back Trump if he is the nominee

Glenn Beck will not back Trump if he is the nominee

He gave a very simple "no."

Also, he talks about the Federal Reserve-created stock bubble.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really wanted to like Glenn but he is a pathetic stooge. Never again will I give him any credence for anything. It's a sad tale. He sounds good here. But then next week he will want to empower the U.S. military to bomb brown people on behalf of Exxon-Mobile.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-25-2015 at 05:46 AM.

I thought Beck wasn't going to talk about Trump anymore.

Oh, who cares who this clown backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Oh, who cares who this clown backs?
    Well you can 'back' someone or you can 'Beck' someone, which means you support someone else next week.
    "I am a bird"

So an ex-alcoholic talking head for the establishment won't back Trump if he's the nominee?

You do realize this only helps Trump don't you? Glen Beck is hated by many.

I will never back Trump under any conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I agree with Beck, I wouldn't back Trump either. Though like many here, I don't fully trust Beck. He is better than Limbaugh and Hannity on liberty issues. Rand Paul is actually his second choice for President after Cruz. Rand doesn't have to many friends in the media and Beck is one of them.
    Rand Paul for Peace

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh god, Glenn Beck talking about libertarian Austrian Economics concepts that he doesn't understand. He sounds like a confused Peter Schiff

Yes he will. He's just confident enough that Trump won't be the nominee that he's figuring he can lie and not get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    You do realize this only helps Trump don't you? Glen Beck is hated by many.
    I don't know if it does or not.

But it's quite possible that that's Beck's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Rand Paul is actually his second choice for President after Cruz.
    Well that certainly makes his tepid support of Rand Paul sound principled.

Rand doesn't have to many friends in the media and Beck is one of them.
    He's Rand Paul's friend?

Uh oh. We might have to set up a moneybomb so we can buy Rand some kevlar to wear on his back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Rand Paul is actually his second choice for President after Cruz.
    Supposedly. But there's a distinct possibility that Cruz will drop out before Rand. And then what's Beck going to do? He'll have to come up with some lame excuse for why Rand lost his support.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's Rand Paul's friend?
    Uh oh. We might have to set up a moneybomb so we can buy Rand some kevlar to wear on his back.
    It was my understanding that kevlar doesn't do much to stop knife attacks in the beck. Maybe some chainmail or something.

Beck is a fraud, but I'm glad to at least have 1 radio host that isn't pro Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Supposedly. But there's a distinct possibility that Cruz will drop out before Rand. And then what's Beck going to do? He'll have to come up with some lame excuse for why Rand lost his support.
    Correct.

If Raphael exits, begins the inflation of Mr. Dr. Ben "gun-grabber" Carson.

If Trump becomes the nominee, Beck will back the strongest supporter of a certain special interest in the Middle East.

That would be Trump.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least Beck hasn't been sucked into the Trump cult. Props to him for that.

Good grief, people just can't quit bashing Glenn Beck. Really pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    At least Beck hasn't been sucked into the Trump cult. Props to him for that.
    Yeah, but who knows why? In 2012 he made Newt his boogey man. It had nothing to do with any issues that set Newt apart from almost all the other Republicans, including Santorum, whom Beck supported. It was more just a way to help ensure Romney's victory as far as I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Good grief, people just can't quit bashing Glenn Beck. Really pathetic.
    When Cruz does drop out, and Beck does come up with a lame excuse for why Rand lost his support, what will you say then?

The bulk of Beck's audience share the same values as Trump. This does not bode well for Beck's ratings and subscriptions.

For the Beck haters and those on the fence it is basically a campaign advertisement for Trump. Beck is an idiot.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The bulk of Beck's audience share the same values as Trump. This does not bode well for Beck's ratings and subscriptions.

For the Beck haters and those on the fence it is basically a campaign advertisement for Trump. Beck is an idiot.
    Beck may have lost a third of his audience with the Bundy rantings. Now he's working on another third.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Correct on all counts. The only problem in this post is in what you fail to point out, which is that Trump is even worse than Beck.